Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor, No. 53 Medium Golden Brown,1 Each (603084242696) Reviews

Free Shipping Target

The Chestnut-iness has landed- Garnier Nutrisse Haircolor #53

Dec 11, 2007

Pros:doesn't tear up hair, easy to use, not messy

Cons:I don't care for this particular shade.

The Bottom Line: While this is a great haircolor line, I don't recommend this shade. But overall, an above average product that I would recommend.

The Garnier Nutrisse line is what I have been using when it came to hair color. This last time I bought it, I couldn’t remember what shade I normally buy, so I went out on a limb and bought the Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor, No. 53 Medium Golden Brown. The stuff runs about $7, but I happened to have a $2 off coupon, so I got the hookup of only $5 something for the total cost.

Anyway, this comes in a green and yellow box, and there are all sorts of shades to choose from, blondes, brunettes, and reds, whatever you are in the mood for. I have brown/grey/red/blonde hair naturally, and I just wanted on consistent color all over my head, so the main color is brown, so I went for something in the brown family. The color was listed as ‘Medium Golden Brown’ so that sounded about right, so I chose it, basically because I couldn’t remember what I normally buy.

So, when you get home and open the box, you’ll find instructions, a pair of gloves (that are too big for my hands), and 3 things labeled A, B, and C, as well as a conditioner in a little envelope that you use after you get your hair rinsed from coloring.

Ok, so the thing labeled A is your applicator bottle which is called the developer that you’ll be using to color your hair. It’ll already have some sort of base substance in it, but you take the tube labeled B, which is the hair color, and squeeze it into the container labeled A. Be sure to wear your gloves when doing so. Then, there will be a little green container labeled C, which is a fruit-oil based conditioner that also goes into A, after you put the colorant in.

After you dump everything into A, you take the little end off the cap, and place your finger on it and shake the container, making sure you have your finger over the end or else the stuff will shoot out everywhere.

Ok, you’re supposed to do an allergy test with this stuff and test just an area of your head to make sure you don’t have a reaction to this, but I didn’t do that- since I have used this brand before I pretty much knew I wasn’t going to have any problems with it. Be sure not to use this to dye the eyelashes or eyebrows though, because if you get this stuff in your eyes it could cause blindness.

So, now that you’ve got your secret concoction all mixed up, it’s time to put it on your head. Be sure to put it on dry, unwashed hair. Just start applying the stuff onto your hair (wearing gloves, of course!), making sure to get the roots, and don’t forget those areas by your ears! I suggest when using this, to wear an old shirt, and be sure to have a few old towels handy in case you need them. If you get some dye on you where you don’t want it- such as your ears or face, you can just wipe it off while it’s wet, or if it gets dried on you can just dip a towel in some shampoo and get if off.

The directions suggest leaving this stuff on for 25 minutes if you have light grey or coloring for the first time, or for 35 minutes if you have heavy grey or are coloring over another color. I go between the two and leave it in for 30 minutes. The dye is pretty thick and is not runny at all, so you can move around while you have it on your head. The dye has an ok smell to it, but for some reason, this particular color had more of an ammonia smell than the ones I have tried in the past. Do note though, the color of the dye in the bottle does not indicate what color your hair will be. The color of this was sort of a chocolate milk color, but um, that wasn’t the results (more on that later).

So after your time is up (which by the way, will be the longest 25-30 minutes of your life), you need to rinse out your hair until the water runs clear. Since I used the whole bottle of dye, it kind of took a while to rinse it all out. After you get it all rinsed out, you need to apply the little envelope of conditioner.

Now then, most of the time, I use the conditioner then turn around and wash my hair because it takes like 2 or 3 shampoos to get the excess dye off of my hair. But the particular day I dyed my hair with this stuff, I didn’t have time to shampoo, so I just rinsed it out and did the best I could for the time being.

One thing I noticed once I put this on my head is the little inner flap that you are supposed to clip and keep remembering what your shad is and you can write in the date you colored it, is that over the words “Medium Golden Brown” it had the word “Chestnut”. I was kind of worried about this, because I kind of lean to the blonder end of brown, rather than the brown color chestnut, but who knew what my hair was going to look like once it’s dyed. The picture of the chick in the picture looked pretty much like what I thought I was going to look like, but um, I was wrong.

Once I got everything rinsed out and dried, this really turned my hair a really brown/red color- sort of coppery I would say- needless to say I wasn’t looking like the chick on the box. But, what’s done is done, and I just had to deal. But, it didn’t turn out too bad- after I finally got home and shampooed that day, it was a little better, and after 2 or 3 days it was toned down quite a bit, so it wasn’t a total loss. My hair is now a rather auburn color, and it looks pretty natural now. It just took a few days for it to get adjusted I guess.

Overall:

I really like this hair color line because it is easy to use and not messy at all. For some reason this particular color has a stouter smell than others I have used in the past, but I don’t find that it dries or fries the hair, and it looks nice, shiny and feels soft after using this. The conditioner you use after dying has a wonderful fruit smell to it. The little fruit oil you add to the color also has a nice fruity smell to it as well.

As for grey coverage, well I have a few hairs here and there at the front mostly, but I find this does a good job of keeping them in check. As for how long it lasts, well I’m on week 2 or 3 and this is still going good- no roots are showing yet. I find that this stuff lasts me about 8 weeks before having do dye again.

I do recommend this brand to you whole heartedly- but not this particular shade, because it behaves rather weirdly at first, and has a copper tint to it.

But as a hair color overall, it’s great- not messy, inexpensive, and does last a good while.

Ingredients include (via drugstore.com):

For the colorant (B):

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Deceth-3, Propylene Glycol, Laureth-12, Ammonium Hydroxide, Oleth-30, Lauric Acid, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Ethanolamine, Polyquaternium-22, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Fragrance, p-Aminophenol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Carbomer, p-Phenylenediamine, Thiolactic Acid, t-Butyl Hydroquinone, m-Aminophenol, 2-Methyl-5-Hydroxyethylaminophenol, o-Aminophenol, Resorcinol.

For the developer (A):

Water, Hydrogen Peroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Trideceth-2 Carboxamide MEA, Ceteareth-30, Glycerin, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate

Fruit oil Concentrate (C:

Grape Seed Oil, Fragrance

After coloring conditioner (in the little envelope):

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, PEG-180, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Apple Extract, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Citric Acid, Trideceth-12, Sugar Can Extract, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Lemon Peel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract

Find hair color products at Target.com! See why nourished hair means better color. Garnier nutrisse nourishing color creme penetrates deep into hair f...

Garnier U-HC-1975 Garnier U-HC-1975 Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme No.53 Medium Golden Brown - 1 Application - Hair Color Description Experience the ...
Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Nutrisse Haircolor Chestnut Medium Golden Brown Medium Golden Brown (Pack of 3) Nourished hair, better co...