Garnier Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Protector Straightening Mist Reviews

Garnier Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Protector Straightening Mist

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Garnier Straightening Mist - a flat iron protector that lives up to its promises

Aug 30, 2012

Pros:staight, soft hair that lasts, cheap

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: I am very happy with this product. It straightens my hair without damage, and is reasonably priced.

In May I started using Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist.

Garnier Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist comes in a 6 ounce pump spray bottle. The bottle is an opaque green – the same signature green of the Fructis line. The product is intended for use on hair prior to using a flat iron to protect the hair.

Benefits of Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Protector:
24 hour straight finish
Heat protection
Stays smooth & shiny
Contains Argan oil

How to use:
Mist over 2 inch sections of dry hair and immediately flat iron from root to ends.

My Experience
I have been using the same heat protector for many years, but I was having trouble finding it, so I needed an alternative. I thought I would give Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Protector a try. This product has a minimal scent, but it does have the light floral scent similar to other Fructis products. When spraying the product it does come out in a fine mist. Currently I use my Remington Flat Iron to flat iron my hair.

I have thick coarse hair. In the front it almost reaches my shoulders, and is longer in the back. Flat ironing my entire head of hair takes a quite a bit of time. Spraying it section by section adds additional time. For years I have been using a serum heat protector. Misting my hair immediately prior to using the flat iron sometimes gives me a response I had to get used to – the little bit of sizzle sizzle as the heat passes over my freshly dampened hair. I have been reassured there is nothing to be concerned about when doing that.

While spraying each section of my hair does take a little bit longer, the results have been completely worth it. I love the results when I use Garnier Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist. My hair is coming out very soft, and remaining straight and frizz free all day. It feels great. I am very happy with the product as a heat protector. I have not found any damage to my hair resulting from the flat iron. The “24 Hour Straight Finish” claim is right on target.  Due to my hair texture I only wash my hair every few days. Many days I will wake up in the morning and it will still look terrifically straight and smooth from the prior day and will only need some styling help to get rid of the bed head look.

Being that I have to mist so much product each time I flat iron, I really expected to use up the bottle very quickly. I bought the bottle in the beginning of May. Over the summer I haven’t used it daily since many days I would just pull my hair back. However now at the very end of August I have just less than a quarter of the bottle left.  Since one bottle only costs $4, I think I have gotten my money’s worth. I just bought my next bottle. It was on sale for $2.99 and I had a dollar off coupon. I’d say it was a pretty good deal.

I am certainly pleased with the results I get from Garnier Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist.

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist - 6 oz
Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist - 6 fl oz

Find hair styling products at Target.com! Get smooth, shiny hair with this straightening mist from garnier fructis. Designed to combat frizz, this spr...

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist - 3 Pack - 6 fl oz

Lot 4-garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine 2 Shampoo + 2 Conditioner-fortifying 4frizzy

Lot (4)-GARNIER FRUCTIS SLEEK SHINE FORTIFYING (2) SHAMPOOS + (2) CONDITIONERS Frizzy, Dry, Unmanageable Hair Smoothes for long lasting frizz control ...

Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Fortifying Shampoo 13 fl oz

Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Fortifying Shampoo 13 fl oz

Get our ultimate sleek. Fructis Sleek & ShineThe formula with argan oil from Moroco and apricot soaks deep into frizzy, dry hair to smooth each strand...
Vitacost.com

2-garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Corrector (clinical)exp 11/15 & 3/16 Cs139

2-garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Corrector (clinical)exp 11/15 & 3/16 Cs139

GARNIER SKIN RENEW DARK SPOT CORRECTOR CLINICAL 1.7 OZ EACH EXP: 11/15 3/16 YOU WILL RECEIVE 2 TOTAL NEW SEALED PACKAGING MAY BE SLIGHTLY DAMAGED amp;...

Garnier® Skin Renew Anti-puff Eye Roller - 0.5 Fl Oz

Garnier® Skin Renew Anti-puff Eye Roller - 0.5 Fl Oz

Powered by Frooition Pro in titles description Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller - 0.5 fl oz Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller with 2X mor...

Garnier Fructis Daily Care Fortifying Conditioner 13 fl oz

Garnier Fructis Daily Care Fortifying Conditioner 13 fl oz

Get an extra boost of strength and energy.Fructis Daily Care: The formula with grapefruit antioxidant and natural protein fortifies hair for touchable...
Vitacost.com

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Smoothing Milk, 5.1 fl oz

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Smoothing Milk, 5.1 fl oz

Garnier Fructis Style sleek & shine with fruit micro-waxes wraps hair strands with humidity-resistant formulas.