Garnier Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Protector Straightening Mist Reviews

Garnier Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Protector Straightening Mist

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Garnier Straightening Mist - a flat iron protector that lives up to its promises

Aug 30, 2012

Pros:staight, soft hair that lasts, cheap

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: I am very happy with this product. It straightens my hair without damage, and is reasonably priced.

In May I started using Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist.

Garnier Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist comes in a 6 ounce pump spray bottle. The bottle is an opaque green – the same signature green of the Fructis line. The product is intended for use on hair prior to using a flat iron to protect the hair.

Benefits of Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Protector:
24 hour straight finish
Heat protection
Stays smooth & shiny
Contains Argan oil

How to use:
Mist over 2 inch sections of dry hair and immediately flat iron from root to ends.

My Experience
I have been using the same heat protector for many years, but I was having trouble finding it, so I needed an alternative. I thought I would give Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Protector a try. This product has a minimal scent, but it does have the light floral scent similar to other Fructis products. When spraying the product it does come out in a fine mist. Currently I use my Remington Flat Iron to flat iron my hair.

I have thick coarse hair. In the front it almost reaches my shoulders, and is longer in the back. Flat ironing my entire head of hair takes a quite a bit of time. Spraying it section by section adds additional time. For years I have been using a serum heat protector. Misting my hair immediately prior to using the flat iron sometimes gives me a response I had to get used to – the little bit of sizzle sizzle as the heat passes over my freshly dampened hair. I have been reassured there is nothing to be concerned about when doing that.

While spraying each section of my hair does take a little bit longer, the results have been completely worth it. I love the results when I use Garnier Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist. My hair is coming out very soft, and remaining straight and frizz free all day. It feels great. I am very happy with the product as a heat protector. I have not found any damage to my hair resulting from the flat iron. The “24 Hour Straight Finish” claim is right on target.  Due to my hair texture I only wash my hair every few days. Many days I will wake up in the morning and it will still look terrifically straight and smooth from the prior day and will only need some styling help to get rid of the bed head look.

Being that I have to mist so much product each time I flat iron, I really expected to use up the bottle very quickly. I bought the bottle in the beginning of May. Over the summer I haven’t used it daily since many days I would just pull my hair back. However now at the very end of August I have just less than a quarter of the bottle left.  Since one bottle only costs $4, I think I have gotten my money’s worth. I just bought my next bottle. It was on sale for $2.99 and I had a dollar off coupon. I’d say it was a pretty good deal.

I am certainly pleased with the results I get from Garnier Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist.

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Family Size Shampoo, 25.4 fl oz

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Family Size Shampoo, 25.4 fl oz

Tame even the wildest tresses with Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Shampoo, Family Size. This rich, nourishing formula is infused with Moroccan argan ...

Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream: Daily Moisture Care, Medium/Deep - 2.5 fl oz

Find facial skin care at Target.com! Garnier skin renew miracle skin perfector bb cream (beauty balm cream) is the miracle, multi-benefit product that...

2pk Garnier® Skin Clinical Dark Spot Corrector - 1.7 Fl Oz 2pk Sealed

2pk Garnier® Skin Clinical Dark Spot Corrector - 1.7 Fl Oz 2pk Sealed

Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector, 2-1.7 Ounce Tubes NEW 2PK SEALED PACKAGE (SEE PIC)Ingredients Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Ascorbic Acid (Pu...

Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream: Daily Moisture Care, Light/Medium - 2.5 fl oz

3-garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo & 2-conditioners Sleek & Shine Bonus Size

3-garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo & 2-conditioners Sleek & Shine Bonus Size

Smoothed for long lasting frizz control shine Posted with eBay Mobile

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo For Frizzy, Dry, Unmanageable Hair - 13 fl oz

Find shampoos, conditioners, and hair treatments at Target.com! Tame frizzy, unmanageable hair with sleek & shine shampoo from garnier fructis. Fortif...

2 Garnier® Clean + Invigorating Daily Scrub For Normal Skin - 5 Fl Oz X 2

2 Garnier® Clean + Invigorating Daily Scrub For Normal Skin - 5 Fl Oz X 2

Garnier Clean + Invigorating Daily Scrub For Normal Skin - 5 fl oz X 2 BOTTLES Normal skin types have different cleansing needs in order to look and f...

Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector - 1.7 fl oz

Garnier Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector - 1.7 fl oz

Find facial skin care at Target.com! Keep your skin looking young and refreshed with this dark-spot corrector from garnier. With daily use on your fac...

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Conditioner, 13 fl oz

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Conditioner, 13 fl oz

Get intense smoothing for your hair with the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Conditioner. Featuring a specially designed formula, this conditioner inc...

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo For Frizzy, Dry, Unmanageable Hair - 25.4 fl oz

Find shampoos, conditioners, and hair treatments at Target.com! Garnier fructis sleek & shine shampoo for frizzy, dry, unmanageable hair - 25.4 fl oz