-29%

Gear Head MP2175 Wireless Optical Mouse

+$6.50 shipping Sears

Gear Head Wireless Nano Mouse - A Perfect Laptop Companion

Jul 29, 2011

Pros:Easy to Use
Easy to install
Fast
Durable
Nice looking
Comfortable grip

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: This is an excellent wireless mouse for a very reasonable price.

Many months ago, I traded in my archaic desktop for a new laptop. I love the portability of the laptop; but I missed my mouse. I shopped around and found the Gear Head Wireless Nano Mouse at Office Depot for $14.99. I have an affection for blue, so I chose that color (model MP2175BLU). The Nano Mouse also comes in red (MP2275RED), black (MP2375BLK), and purple (MP2475PUR). It is very nice looking, easy to use, is ribbed on both sides for a comfortable grip, and is fast. It uses optical sensing technology which gives it a smooth underside; so it slides over the mouse pad with great ease. I love the fact that there are no wires to get in the way. It’s compatible with a PC or a Mac.

The Nano Mouse uses two AAA batteries. The batteries are easy to install by removing the battery compartment cover and inserting them according to the plastic guide in the battery bay. Make sure that the plastic guide is under the batteries when you install them, otherwise it will be difficult to remove them when they need to be replaced. I tried cheap batteries, but the power depletes rapidly; so, I switched to more expensive brands and the Nano Mouse works for a long time on those.

Once you have initially installed the batteries, remove the supplied Nano Receiver from its storage slot in the battery bay and plug it into any available USB port. The receiver is very small and is barely noticeable when plugged in. Once the receiver is plugged in, the mouse is automatically recognized by the computer and is immediately ready to use. The fact that I didn’t have to install anything else was a great feature. The Nano Mouse is durable too. I’ve dropped it a couple of times and it still works perfectly.

You can change the speed of the Nano Mouse. For Windows, you open the control panel, double-click on “mouse” to open the mouse preferences and select “pointer options”. After making your selections, select “apply” and “OK”. For a Mac, open the system preferences, click “keyboard and mouse”, then select the “mouse” tab and make any changes.

The Nano Mouse comes with a lifetime warranty. Any warranty claim must be made in writing within 30 days. Gear Head can be contacted via their website or by email. They also have technical support available on the web, by email or by phone. Phone support is available Monday-Friday from 9am-5:30pm Eastern time.

In the package:

·         PC or Mac®
·         Windows® 2000, XP, Vista and 7
·         Mac® OS 10.3 or above
·         Available USB port

I am very glad that I purchased the Gear Head Nano Mouse. It has made life with my laptop a breeze.

Gear Head Wireless Optical Mobile Mouse MP2175BLU - Mouse - optical - wireless - 2.4 GHz - USB wireless receiver - blue

About Us FAQ Contact Us GEAR HEAD MP2175BLU Blue Wireless Optical Nano Mouse IMPORTANT : Limit 5 per customer! Orders that exceed listed availability ...
WIRELESS OPTICAL NANO MOUSE BL
About Us Shipping Returns Contact Us FAQ Click to view full size Full Size Image Click to close full size. Gear Head MP2175BLU Wireless Optical Mouse ...
Gear Head MP2175BLU Wireless Optical Mouse - Optical - Wireless - Blue