Gemini Sound Products Skylon HJ080 Headphones

Nike SHJ080 Headphones – Let’s Run With ‘Em

Jan 15, 2009

Pros:Easy to put on, durably and great sound

Cons:Screw loosens, don't know how they would work with glasses

The Bottom Line:

Specifics

Magnet type: Neodymium

Frequency response: 8 - 24 000 Hz

Impedance: 16 Ohm

Maximum power input: 50 mW

Sensitivity: 104 dB (loud)

Description

The Nike SHJ080 Headphones are a good earbud type headphone with an ear “hook” attached to keep them securely attached to your ears during activity.  The “hooks” have a three-way adjustment feature so they will attach to even the oddest shaped ears.

The sounds from the ear phones are amazing.  104 dB is plenty from an earbud type headphone and they provide very clear sound.

The Nike SHJ080 Headphones also sport an almost 4 foot long cord that has bend protection.  The cord is rigid but flexible enough to stay out of the way.  By looking at the connection point between the cord and the headphones, they were made to take a beating and not break on you.

Probably the nicest thing about the Nike SHJ080 Headphones is the soft pouch that comes along with them.  It is a small tennis ball sized pouch that the headphones easily fit into to keep the knots out of the cables and keep your phones safe while bouncing around in your gym back or pockets.

Style

The Nike SHJ080 Headphones are very light weight (.32 pounds) and fit snugly inside your ears.  The ear “hooks” fit easily over the top of your ear.  They have 3 pivot points on the hooks to help them attach to any ear.  They swivel at the top of the earbud and both swivel and bend at the top of the post for the hook.

The only issue I’ve had with the Nike SHJ080 Headphones is that there is a screw just at the top of the post for the hook that sometimes loosens itself after use.  After using the headphones now for about 2 years I have to tighten this screw before each use or they have a tendency to want to come off of my ear while running.

Durability

The cord is thick and the connections are very sturdy.  I’ve never owned a pair of headphones that felt or looked as durable as these.  This part, in my epinion, is worth the $50.00 you will spend on these headphones.

The case is very nicely made and is made of soft rubber to protect the headphones while they are not being used.  The headphones simply pop into two pre-molded spots in the middle of the case and then you wrap the cord around the outside of the case.  You then close the case and the top fits snuggly over everything to protect them.  Very nice design!  It has a subtle Nike swoosh on the outside of the case.

Sound Performance

I’ve used the standard headphones that come with various MP3 devices and these have much better sound, by far.  I’ve purchased other models for my son and I definitely would not trade these in.  The sound is crisp and clear.  Even while I’m out running in high wind conditions, I can still hear the music clearly.

Conclusion

I use the headphones primarily while I’m running.  They stay in place and do a great job.  Even when I’m sweating a lot they stay in place.

I would highly recommend the Nike SHJ080 Headphones to anyone that wears headphones while exercising or any other high movement activities.  The fit is right on, the sound is incredible, and they are built to last and take a beating.

Gemini Cdj-700 (cdj700) Professional Cd/mp3/usb Media Player

Gemini Cdj-700 (cdj700) Professional Cd/mp3/usb Media Player

Sonic Electronix - New eBay Template Product SKU: 33435 ID: cdj700 The X-Factor when Shopping Electronics Our Store Contact Us About Us Returns Paymen...

Gemini CDJ-700 CD PLAYER 117V

Gemini CDJ-700 CD PLAYER 117V

Authorized dealer, brand new, In stock, manufacturer warranty, factory sealed

Gemini Gt-1004 10 Pa Speaker

Gemini GT-1004 10 PA Speaker Package Contents (1) Gemini GT-1004 10 PA Speaker Features Gemini GT-1004 10 PA Speaker Features: 10 woofer 6 x 3 double ...
GEMINI GT-1504 GT Passive Loudspeaker (15)

GEMINI GT-1504 GT Passive Loudspeaker (15)

Usually ships within 3 business day
Gemini CDJ-700 Professional CD/MP3 Player

Gemini CDJ-700 Professional CD/MP3 Player

Flexibility for the modern DJ. The innovation behind Gemini's CDJ-700 focuses on two key elements of DJ performance: versatility and control.
zZounds.com

Gemini Gt-1004 10 Pa Speaker

Gemini GT-1004 10 PA Speaker item# 582955 condition: New Pair the 10 Gemini GT-1004 2-way PA Speaker with any Gemini amp to create your own affordable...

GEMINI GT-1504 GT Passive Loudspeaker (15 woofer)
Gemini Gt-1004 Gt Passive Loudspeaker (10 Woofer)

Gemini Gt-1004 Gt Passive Loudspeaker (10 Woofer)

Welcome to Our ebay store... Shop categories Shop Pages Product Information GEMINI GT-1004 GT Passive Loudspeaker (10 woofer) Item#: 1398670 Manufactu...

Gemini Gt-1004 GT Passive 10 Loudspeaker

Gemini Gt-1004 GT Passive 10 Loudspeaker

Featuring rock-solid construction and high-quality drivers, Gemini's GT passive loudspeakers offer the sound you demand at a truly affordable price. F...

Newegg.com