GE WCVH6800J Reviews

GE WCVH6800J

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Clothes have never been cleaner!

Feb 7, 2009

Pros:HUGE capacity, sanitize cycle rocks.

Cons:No dispenser for powdered oxy bleach, pedestal is overpriced, needs a catchier name.

The Bottom Line: Buy it. It's not maintenance free, but no front loader is. It's only a few minutes per month for a huge water and energy savings, and the clothes look fantastic.

I've had the GE WCVH6800J it for about a month and a half, and I couldn't be happier.  Our old top loading machine was on its last legs, and I wanted to replace it with a high-efficiency front loader. The GE was a great choice.

It's got a HUGE capacity. I've shoved in two twin comforters at the same time that came out perfectly clean. I washed three feather pillows simultaneously. In my old Kenmore top loader, pillows never quite got cleaned on all the cover fabric. The GE got rid of old stains on the pillows that had been there for a number of years.

I love the sanitize cycle. All my bedding now goes through it and it definitely seems cleaner. I don't know if it's psychosomatic, but it's more reassuring as I go to sleep now because there should be no dust mites left in any of the bedding; the onboard water heater should have killed them all.

The hand wash cycle is very gentle. I have an embroidered throw that was stained, but I was concerned about putting it in the wash due to the delicate embroidery threads. I shouldn't have worried. It came out clean and the embroidery still looked great.

This thing is great at spinning water out of the laundry. At 1100 RPMs, my drying times have easily been cut in half, if not more. And if you're not happy with how dry the clothes are at the end of the cycle, there's a "drain and spin" cycle you can run them through to get even more water out.

Drawbacks: There's not a dispenser for powered oxy-type bleach, and if you use liquid detergent, you can't put it in the same dispenser together.

You need to add water to your fabric softener in the dispenser, otherwise, it will not all get in to the rinse cycle and the dispenser is left with bits of softener in it. This isn't just my own experience; the manual tells you to add water in with the softener. I only found it out after I went back and looked because I couldn't figure out why half the softener was left in the dispenser after a cycle.

HE Frontloader differences: The wash cycles are long compared to a top loader, but I don't consider this as much of a drawback considering the high efficiency of the machine, and the big capacity. Cycles may be longer, but hopefully you'll be washing more clothes per load, and so your overall washing time will be about the same because you'll have fewer loads overall.  Your clothes will also be cleaner than in a regular toploader, and isn't that worth the wait?

If you are done with laundry for a few days, you MUST dry out inside the rubber gasket that's around the door opening. It's an invitation to mold and mildew otherwise. You should leave the door and dispenser compartment cracked open to let the machine dry out. You also need to remember to run a machine cleaning cycle once a month to get rid of detergent buildup and kill mold and mildew. It's built in to the washer. Throw in an Affresh tablet and you'll be good to go.

I love the huge capacity, I love how clean the clothes are. I've become a laundry junkie--I actually like doing laundry now!

Ge J2s968tek3 Gas Range Replacement Crate Foot Grate

Ge J2s968tek3 Gas Range Replacement Crate Foot Grate

GE J2S968TEK3 Gas Range Replacement Crate Foot Grate Product Description Fits GE Model: GE J2S968TEK3 Replacement gas range crate feet Includes 1 Rubb...

GE Stainless Countertop Microwave Oven - JES2051SNSS

GE Stainless Countertop Microwave Oven - JES2051SNSS

2.0 Cu. Ft. Capacity/ 1200 Watts/ Sensor Cooking Controls/ 16 Turntable/ Instant On Controls/ Control Lockout/ 4 Levels Sound Volume Control/ 10 Powe...

General Electric Ge Jx81j Wb02x11124 Range Hood Charcoal Filter

General Electric Ge Jx81j Wb02x11124 Range Hood Charcoal Filter

New Range Hood Charcoal Filter Replaces Ge Hotpoint Jx81J And Wb02X11124

Porcelain Drip Pans for GE Hotpoint Electric Stoves 4-pc. Set - Black

Porcelain Drip Pans for GE Hotpoint Electric Stoves 4-pc. Set - Black

Find appliance parts and accessories at Target.com! Attractive heavy duty porcelain drip pans will give your stove a beautiful new appearance. Easy to...

GE Profile Microwave Oven Stainless Steel - JES2251SJ

GE Profile Microwave Oven Stainless Steel - JES2251SJ

2.2 Cu. Ft. Capacity/ Sensor Cooking Controls/ Auto And Time Defrost/ Child Lock Out/ Delay Start/ Electronic Touch Controls/ Stainless Steel Finish

GE Top Bearing Assembly, WE14M124

GE Top Bearing Assembly, WE14M124

This GE Top Bearing Assembly is a replacement part for your dryer drum.

Ge Wb13k21 Igniter For Oven

Ge Wb13k21 Igniter For Oven

YAYA Store NEW GE WB13K21 Igniter for Oven $$$ $37.56 $50.95 $ $$$ Item Description Approx. 12L (Including Wires). WB13K21 replaces WB13K14 WB13K13 WB...

GE White Countertop Microwave Oven - JES2051DNWW

GE White Countertop Microwave Oven - JES2051DNWW

GE WE25X217 Conversion Kit Lp G8992645

GE WE25X217 Conversion Kit Lp G8992645

Conversion Kit Lp, Fits Brand GE, General Electric, RCA, Hotpoint, Sears, Kenmore and some others, For Use With Dryer
Zoro

Range Kleen GE/Hotpoint Range Ring Trim Kit R8GE

Range Kleen GE/Hotpoint Range Ring Trim Kit R8GE

Range Kleen R8GE Features: -Fits most GE/Hotpoint ranges with hinged elements.-Chrome finish.-Made in USA.-Product Type: Trim kit.-Finish: Chrome.-Com...
Wayfair