GE GLD4408RBB 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher Reviews

GE GLD4408RBB 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher

Free Shipping Lowe's

Lacks adequate cleaning power

Jan 11, 2011

Pros:Quiet, energy efficient, extra racks for small objects and wine glass stems.

Cons:It does not clean the dishes adequately.

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this, based on the poor cleaning power.  Everything else about it is great, but I find it lacking in this basic functionality.

This is for the GE model GLD4408R10WW dishwasher.  I bought this to replace an 11 year old GE model that was put in when the townhouse was built.  I wanted to stick to GE to match the rest of the kitchen appliances. This was not the bottom of the line dishwasher, but not the most expensive either; yet I still expected it would be better than the original 11 year old one.
I can honestly say I've never had a more poorly performing dishwasher than this.  The dishes must be rinsed clean, because food left on will just harden and doesn't come off.  Coffee cups, even rinsed before loading, will come out with the coffee line inside of them.  Silverware is spotted even with a rinse agent.  Glassware looks cloudy.  When I unload the "clean" dishes, I have to inspect them carefully, and usually end up having to handwash at least half of them.
On the plus side, it is extremely quiet, and supposed to be energy efficient.  There are additional baskets for small items that can be covered, a snap-in attachment to hold wine glass stems to lessen breakage, and a guard at the bottom covering the elements so that things cannot fall to the bottom and melt or cause damage to themselves or the dishwasher parts.
The outside has a nice smooth appearance, with push button operation, and an audible and visual indicator indicating that the cycle is done.  There are multiple cycles available -- light, normal and sani-wash -- as well as an option for added heat.  There is also an option for a delayed start.

5-stage filtration - Multiple filtration levels ensure clean dishes. ENERGY STARŪ Qualified - Meets or exceeds federal guidelines for energy efficien...
Lowe's