GE PSCS5RGXSS 24.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator Reviews

GE PSCS5RGXSS 24.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator

$1,349.99

Looks nice in my kitchen

Jul 5, 2011
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:Looks great.  Quiet operation of motors.  Ice maker is quiet.

Cons:Water dispenser provides room temperature water - plan on using lots of ice.

The Bottom Line: Overall, good so far.  negative is the water dispenser needs better design.

Did a kitchen remodel and wanted a counter-depth stainless steel, so bought this model the GE Profile PSCS5RGXSS.  I like the looks of it, and so far it is working well - had it for a month now.   I have a water line plumbed from my RO unit to the fridge and bypassed the GE filter system using the plug they provided (I appreciate they provided that option).  Ice maker works fine and is very quiet.  Water dispenser absolutely pours out my filtered water. My only complaint is the marketing info is misleading by stating that this water is "chilled".  Not !  Compared to my old refridg, this is a real let down.  The coil tube used to store water has a tiny capacity and I wish there was a way to modify this.  The first glass is room temperature and the second glass is just slightly cooler, and after that it's back to room temperature.  GE Service person on the phone and the service guy who came out for my microwave say that's the way they are designed.
Bottom line is it's basically just a water dispenser, not a water cooler and for the $ that's a real shame.

The General Electric Profile PSCS5RGXSS Stainless Steel (24.6 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator has 4 shelves and a capacity of 24.6 cu. ft. Includes...