General Mills® Cocoa Puffs Cereal (bowl) (Case of 96) (General Mills)

KITCHEN : Cocoa Puffs single serve bowls

Jan 12, 2013

Pros:THUMBS UP FROM OSAGE COUNTY FIRST GRADE

Cons:
NONE NOTED

The Bottom Line:
These individual bowls of Cocoa Puffs cereal are provided as single serving items with a sturdy throwaway, white poly bowl filled with cereal

General Mills® Cocoa Puffs® Sweetened, Whole Grain Corn Cereal presented in a handy, child friendly design is handy for Osage County First Grade munching during DEAR reading time.

Reasonable sugar content, first-rate flavor, tasty and nutritious; General MillsCocoaPuffs is a popular of breakfast, or anytime snack item children will eat.

I’m really never sure what parents will be sending for Osage County First Grade snack time.  I do write suggestions for easy to eat, and more nutritious than chips and bags of candy on the monthly snack calendar, but I never know what parents may decide to send.  And parents send a miscellany of goodies for our snack time, including fruit, jello, pudding and applesauce cups, gold fish and whales, snack crackers with cheese or peanut butter and the like.  I’m always pleased when snack items brought into the classroom include some dry, non messy edibles suitable for munching during DEAR reading time, computer work time and paper and pencil work sessions.

As a rule parents will send enough snack items on their child’s snack day to provide for one or two snacking episodes during the month.  I was pleased, and more than a little surprised, to see a good sized container of many little Cocoa Puff cereal bowls, enough for several snacking sessions spread over more than a single month enter our classroom.

These individual bowls of Cocoa Puffs cereal are provided as single serving items with a sturdy throwaway white poly bowl filled with cereal and a well secured poly foil type covering to be peeled away and milk added as a breakfast food item in commercial, travel, cafeteria and other type settings.

The peelable cover is predominately brown in color has the words Cocoa Puffs in white and and has the nutrient and ingredient list on the cover itself.  I like that; often a multiple box of consumables will have the nutrient and in gradient list on the outer box cover leaving consumers to wonder should the outer wrapping be discarded prior to reading the material.

A helpful white arrow in the lower left corner of the peel away covering indicates where the cover is more easily grasped to remove.

We save our puddings and the like for when we gather on the rug, practice our best manners, offer one another a pudding and send the around the group waiting as patiently as possible until everyone has a cup before we dive into treat.  And then it is carefully remove the top, and while we may lick the pudding cover clean at home at school in mixed company, ie girls and old lady teacher we carefully use our spoon and scrape the pudding from the foil wrapper, fold the wrapper so that any remaining pudding will be left inside before we place the cover on a napkin and then take little bites with our spoons.

My understanding that heart-healthy diets endowed with whole grain foods can decrease the peril of heart disease and that whole grains are recommended by The American Diabetes Association part of a diabetic diet assures me that whole grain cereals whether offered as breakfast or snack munchie is better than some of the less healthy items we might enjoy for snack time.  General Mills Whole Grain Cereals are some of the dry munchies Osage County First Grade is often offered for work and eat sessions.

In a time when so many from school cafeteria workers to governmental agencies and politicians to  parents, teachers, and others all working to guarantee that the nation’s youngest citizens and others are not only fed but are fed well; cereal and especially whole grain cereals remain an important one of the good food items available.  Whole grains provide a tasty food for consumption while delivering necessary fiber, minerals, vitamins, and other essential nutrients.

As one of the Big G stable of whole grain cereals; Cocoa Puffs, is a very good source of those whole grain fortified with vitamins and minerals items Osage County First Grade munches during work sessions, at the computer and during DEAR reading exercises.  I particularly like the bowls, they are easier to use than a napkin and a handful of cereal, gold fish and the like.

I have personally liked General Mills Cocoa Puffs Sweetened, Whole Grain Corn Cereal from the time it was introduced for the consumer market.  I buy boxes for home use and take sacks and boxes to school for Little Learner consumption.  We all like the rich chocolatey flavor.  Cocoa Puffs to be an easy to eat, transportable, anytime snack food for Osage County First Grade and myself.

With so much in the health news today regarding need for colon checks, and peril of colon cancer and realizing that fiber gained from whole grains promotes regularity, keeps the intestines working smoothly to help maintain good digestive health convinces me that a low fat diet filled with plenty of fiber-containing grain products, fruits and vegetables well may reduce the risk of some types of cancer and especially those of the colon and the stomach leads me to encourage Little Learners to eat whole grain cereals including Cocoa Puffs and to eat raw veggies from the salad bar.

Husband and I often find the long hot days of summer, when it is so dry and super heated to be just a tad too much to consider a nice hot bowl of soup, crock hot meal or anything resembling warm and reach for a nice chilly jug of milk to pour over bowls of cereal at the end of the day.  My own parents, and those living in our neighborhood all did the same when I was a child.

We were not alone then in having cereal suppers and suspect we are not alone in doing so today.  Ready-to-eat cereals rich in important vitamins and minerals yet lower in calories than many other breakfast options have long been favorites in our country.  Studies now show that cereal eaters typically consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than do non cereal consumers.  I am happy knowing that Big G cereals have at least 9 per serving, of the 48 recommended daily grams needed of whole grain; evidence now indicates that people who eat more whole grain tend to have healthier body weights and gain less weight over time than those who don’t.  And while Husband may reach for the box of something that is not Cocoa Puffs as I reach for the chocolate orbs we each are consuming a healthful whole grain cereal.

Happy to recommend General Mills® Cocoa Puffs® Sweetened, Whole Grain Corn Cereal

===================

SUDDENLY SALAD RANCH & BACON

CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH 12.8 OZ BOX

SINGLE SERVE CUP CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH

--------------------------------

Ingredients: Whole Grain Corn , Sugar , Corn Syrup , Corn Meal , Canola and, or Rice Bran Oil ,CocoaProcessed with Alkali,  Fructose , Natural and Artificial Flavor , Corn Starch

BHT to preserve freshness , Vitamins and Minerals include: Trisodium Phosphate ,  Calcium Carbonate , Zinc & Iron , Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbate) , A B Vitamin (Niacinamide) , Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) , Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) , Vitamin B1 (Thiamin Mononitrate) , Vitamin A (Palmitate) , A B Vitamin (Folic Acid) , Vitamin B12 , Vitamin D3, Color Added , Salt , Tricalcium Phosphate

Allergen alert:  corn, chocolate, artificial flavor, milk if added to the bowl

NUTRITION PER ¾ c SERVING

==================

Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly   martin
==================

FOR MORE  Product Details and Shipping Information please click the SEE IT BUTTON and vendor links

----------------------------

NOTE: The following is information regarding General Mills  Company Incorporated.

If you, as I, have an interest in company information in particular information regarding where items are manufactured and by whom, where they are offered for sale, safety standards regarding materials used and suitability for home consumption and classroom usage due to expertise of the manufacturer and product designers,  or other pertinent information;

---------------------------

Internet search including the General Mills web site indicates:  The history of General Mills commences in 1856 with Cadwallader C. Washburn, who structured the Minneapolis Milling Company to lease power rights to mill operators.

Forming the Washburn Crosby; Company John Crosby joined Cadwallader Washburn as a partner in the milling industry in 1877. It was the second step in the evolution of the business to eventually become General Mills.

In the meantime, Charles Pillsbury started his company in 1869.  Situated just across the Mississippi River from Washburn’s facility; New Hampshire resident Pillsbury, had no experience in flour milling, nevertheless he made a return the first year from the derelict Minneapolis Flour Mill he and his relatives acquired.

Pillsbury began to the road to success as did the Washburn Crosby Company.

James Stroud Bell, a forceful merchandiser, assumed leadership of the Washburn Crosby mills in 1888.Bellwas influential in developing the national flour market and led the company to extraordinary development over the next three decades.  His son, James Ford Bell, carried on the practice; rising to president of industry leader Washburn Crosby Company,Bellled Washburn Crosby merger with numerous regional millers in June 1928 to generate General Mills, Inc.

The consolidation melded several giants of the milling industry, includingKansas’ Red Star Milling Company; the Sperry Milling Company from the West Coast;Michigan’s Larrowe Milling Company; the Kell Group from the Southwest; andMontana’s Kalispell Flour Mill, Rocky Mountain Elevator Company, and Royal Milling Company.

Today General Mills, with reputation boosted by the acquisition of one-time, hometown rival Pillsbury continues as one of the world’s foremost consumer foods companies. The amalgamation of the companies created one of the largest food companies inNorth America.  General Mills top brands include:  Pillsbury refrigerated dough,  Green Giant frozen vegetables,  Cheerios cereal,  Betty Crocker dessert mixes.

General Mills makes annual financial contributions from pretax profits, with these funds awarded to philanthropic and charitable causes. The total topped $118 million in fiscal year 2011 - more than $2 million each week.

In the pink: Campaign adds millions to breast cancer cause More General Mills brands are turning pink, thanks to Pink Together, a multi-faceted campaign that has added more than $8 million to the company’s support of the breast cancer cause since 2007.

About Box Tops for Education : America’s schools have earned more than $300 million through Box Tops for Education since the program started in 1996.

Thousands of schools have used that cash to purchase items such as computers, library books, art supplies, and playground equipment. Schools can earn up to $80,000 per year, to spend on anything they choose, by clipping Box Tops coupons from hundreds of products, shopping online through the Box Tops Marketplace and Reading RoomSM, and purchasing items from My Class Essentials registries.

General Mills WHQ
1  General Mills Blvd.
Minneapolis, Minnesota  55426   United States

General Mills Cocoa Puffs Cereal 11.8 Oz

General Mills Cocoa Puffs Cereal 11.8 Oz

Auction is for one 11.8 oz box of General Mills Cocoa Puffs Cereal -Combined Shipping Available- _____________________________________________________...

2 Boxes Of General Mills Cocoa Puffs Cereal 11.8 Oz

2 Boxes Of General Mills Cocoa Puffs Cereal 11.8 Oz

ITEM LISTED: 2 BOXES OF GENERAL MILLS COCOA PUFFS 11.8 OZ Whole Grain First Ingredient A Good Source of Calcium, Iron Vitamin D 100 Calories per Servi...

Cocoa Puffs Cereal, 16.5 oz

Cocoa Puffs Cereal, 16.5 oz

Cocoa Puffs Cereal contains 12 grams whole grain per serving (at least 48 grams recommended daily). A whole grain food is made by using all three part...

General Mills Reese's Puffs 13 Oz Box Of Corn Cereal

General Mills Reese's Puffs 13 Oz Box Of Corn Cereal

General Mills REESE'S PUFFS Box of Corn Puffs(Hershey's Cocoa & Reese's Peanut Butter mix to make sweet & crunchy puffs!)-approximately 13 oz's

Cocoa Puffs Frosted Corn Cereal, 20.9 oz

Cocoa Puffs Frosted Corn Cereal, 20.9 oz

Cocoa Puffs Cereal contains 12 grams whole grain per serving; at least 48 grams recommended daily. A whole grain food is made by using all three parts...

Reese's Puffs Cereal 13 Oz

Reese's Puffs Cereal 13 Oz

Auction is for one 13 oz box of Reese's Puff's Cereal HERSHEY COCOA REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER SWEET CRUNCHY CORN PUFFS -Combined Shipping Available- _____...

Cocoa Puffs Frosted Corn Puffs, 11.8 oz

Cocoa Puffs Frosted Corn Puffs, 11.8 oz

General Mills Trix Swirls Ltmd Ed Corn Puff Cereal10 Z

General Mills Trix Swirls Ltmd Ed Corn Puff Cereal10 Z

General Mills TRIX SWIRLS-LIMITED EDITION Box of fruit flavored sweetened corn puffs-approximately 10 ounces