General Reviews of US Cellular Customer Service

• User Rating: Very Good

• Local Coverage:
  • Plan Flexibility:
  • Customer Service:

Pros:Reasonable plans and early start for "Nights & Weekends" minutes.

Cons:EasyEdge Data Service is not WAP enabled and some internet content is restricted.

The Bottom Line: U.S. Cellular works if you don't fluctuate your minute usage drastically, and have a good phone but don't use them if you need unlimited internet access.

I have been a U.S. Cellular customer for at least 4 years, and although I have had some issues with dropped calls and poor reception, I recently (11/06) signed up for another two year contract with them. I like the fact that I can call other U.S. Cellular customers free of charge and that "Nights & Weekends" minutes start at 7 pm.
When I was having problems with dropping calls I was within a decent sized city (Madison, WI) and everywhere other than my home neighborhood had fine cell phone reception. This made me nervous as I didn't have a land line phone and if an emergency happened I was almost sure to drop the call.
I took my phone back during the 30 day trial period and was told that the problem was due to the fact that U.S. Cellular didn't have a tower in the area of Madison that I lived and that if I wanted to upgrade my phone (an LG VX4400) to the next highest choice (and pay more) I might have better reception. At the time I wasn't up to paying more for an upgrade and I dealt with the issue of dropping calls by constantly saying "Hello?...Can you hear me?...Hello?", just to make sure my callee was on the line,or by making calls near a window or outside (which gets old in Wisconsin winters).
I have since moved a couple times from that location and have done alright with reception until I came to my current home in a smaller southern Wisconsin town. I was constantly dropping calls and afraid to turn my head for fear of losing the call. I was close to my contract termination so I stuck it out. I didn't want to pay the $150 early termination fee.
I shopped around a bit but ended up finding that U.S. Cellular had a plan that made sense for me and with other carriers I would be paying for minutes and features that I didn't need.
The reception issue seems to have been due to the phone I was using as I haven't had much of an issue since receiving my current LG UX390.
My current issue with U.S. Cellular is in regards to their EasyEdge wireless service. Access to the internet through the phone is a luxury for those of us who like to have current information and access to email as well as entertainment, sports, and ringtones & wallpaper that reflects our personality.
The charge for the EasyEdge data network is either unlimited access for a flat montly rate or pay per kilobyte. This doesn't include the credits that you have to individually purchase in order to access ringtones and wallpaper and other content. This all gets charged to your monthly cell phone bill.
If you are unfamiliar with the EasyEdge content, it would be wise to get the unlimited access for a month so you can check out the content. Paying per kb adds up fast. You can also go to U.S. Cellular's EasyEdge page and find links to the various applications that are offered. Searching online through ringtones and wallpaper on their website is cheaper and will produce faster results than trying to do it on your phone.
EasyEdge is not WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) enabled so do not purchase ringtones or wallpaper online through a subscription website (i.e. Funtonia) as you will not be able to access the content you paid for through your EasyEdge data service. WAP content is blocked. Please don't waste your money on anything this frivolous unless you are sure that you can access it from your phone.
If having internet access without restrictions is important to you don't go with U.S. Cellular.

- Huawei Pillar - Black (cricket) Cellular Phone

- Huawei Pillar - Black (cricket) Cellular Phone

New - Huawei Pillar - Black (Cricket) Cellular Phone

Pantech Caper Black Verizon Cellular Phone Prepaid,new Never Been Used,black

Pantech Caper Black Verizon Cellular Phone Prepaid,new Never Been Used,black

Pantech Caper Black Verizon Cellular Phone PREPAID ~~~NEW NEVER BEEN USED~~~~Black~~Technical Details 2.2-inch TFT LCD display; Candy Bar form factor ...

Sony Ericsson T303 - Pink (unlocked) Cellular Phone In Box With Original Acc

Sony Ericsson T303 - Pink (unlocked) Cellular Phone In Box With Original Acc

Sony Ericsson T303 - Pink (Unlocked) Cellular Phone New in box with original accessories please note this is a Triband phone GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 Gen...

Pantech Ease P2020 - Blue (at&t) Cellular Phone

Pantech Ease P2020 - Blue (at&t) Cellular Phone

Pantech Ease P2020 AT T GSM New Touch Screen With Qwerty Keyboard Package contents:New Pantech Ease P2020 AT T Battery Battery door Charger User guide...

Consumer Cellular Doro Pre-Paid Cell Phone - Red (626)

Consumer Cellular Doro Pre-Paid Cell Phone - Red (626)

Find cell phones at Target.com! Consumer cellular doro pre-paid cell phone - red (626)

Lg 320g - Black (net10) Cellular Phone

Lg 320g - Black (net10) Cellular Phone

Please contact us through email with any questions. We will answer them as best and quickly as we can. As always, thanks for looking and have a great ...

Lg 101 - Black (virgin Mobile) Cellular Prepaid Phone

Lg 101 - Black (virgin Mobile) Cellular Prepaid Phone

Up for auction is a new PayLo LG101 prepaid wireless phone.The item is from a retail store and has not been opened.Payment is required within 4 days o...

HSPA+ Cellular Router with GPS/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth

HSPA+ Cellular Router with GPS/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth

Multi-tech Systems MultiConnect rCell MTR-H5 IEEE 802.11n Cellular Wireless Router
Consumer Cellular Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Pre-Paid Cell Phone - Black (Vision 2)

Consumer Cellular Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Pre-Paid Cell Phone - Black (Vision 2)

Find cell phones at Target.com! Consumer cellular huawei ascend mate 2 pre-paid cell phone - black (vision 2)