-13%
George Foreman GRP4P Indoor Grill Reviews

George Foreman GRP4P Indoor Grill

Free Shipping Target

George Foreman GRP4P Grill Healthy eating with removable teflon grill plates

Dec 29, 2009 (Updated Dec 29, 2009)

Pros:Removable grill Teflon grill plates, stands behind warranty

Cons:Would like on and off switch instead of having to unplug it

The Bottom Line: George has proven to stand behind his products, therefore he has my loyalty.  I do love the grill and the removable grill plates.

This is my first George Foreman grill. I have owned several other brands and loved the fact that during our snowy winters or rainy days that we could still grill by using our indoor grill. The last grill I owned before this one had a non-removable plate and was an open grill which I will never buy again.

When I was looking for a replacement indoor grill my requirements were definitely a top grill lid and removable grill plates for cleaning as well as not spending a small fortune. I found the George Foreman GRP4P to fit all of my requirements so I bought it.

Features

The grill is not what I consider a family size grill and is meant more for 1-2 people as it is approximately 15 x 13 x 11.  The grilling plates both top and bottom are Teflon coated, removable, and are dishwasher safe. The 1-inch floating hinge allow varying thicknesses of food to be held tight on the top and bottom.

The drip tray that sits in front of the grill is also top rack dishwasher safe. The lower grill plate has a downward slope so the grease can flow into the drip tray. This creates healthier eating without all that grease.

The grill does come with a flat black forked spatula that I have never used simply because it looks worthless so I don't even consider it as part of the features of this grill. It is suppose to be used to scrape off the residue but I find using a Teflon safe scrub pad works just fine.

The grill is a silver gray with stay cool black handles and sits well on the counter top or on a shelf. There is light that comes on when the grill is cooking or heating. There is no temperature gauge on this particular grill.

Grilling with It

The grill needs to be warmed up by plugging it in and waiting for the light to go off which takes about 5 minutes. Then depending on what you are cooking you can put a small amount of olive oil or your PAM style spray to coat the plates, however, with hamburgers it is not needed.

After opening the grill and placing your meat on the plate, the light will come back on and the cooking begins. I generally wait until the light goes off and turn the meat over and grill some more. The food has never stuck on the grill with the Teflon plates.

I have mostly used it for hamburgers, boneless chicken thighs and breasts, hotdogs and occasionally a steak, however steaks still taste better on the outdoor grill. There is room for 2 good sized hamburgers or 4-6 hotdogs or 2 pieces of chicken or 1 t-bone or rib-eye style steak depending on size and definitely 2 filet mignon's can grill.

All with the exception of the steak taste very good and I will use the grill about 3 times a week. The steak was good but we would rather save that for when we can grill outdoors to get that smoky taste with the use of our charcoal grill.

The grease from the burgers runs right into the drip tray and my husband loves the burgers without all that artery clogging grease. If you like greasy burgers, this grill is not for you as I do not see a way to keep the grease in the burger.

This does leave the grill marks on both sides and I do turn the food halfway thru for good measure. Hot dogs do not appear to generate any grease as well as chicken and turkey burgers.

You do need to remember that the grill will continue to heat until you unplug the unit which I have gotten in the habit however it would be safer for it to have an on/off switch.

Cleaning the Grill

After using the grill, I remove the plates and put them into soapy water to soak and rinse out the drip tray and place in the top rack of the dishwasher. If the plates still have food residue, I take my dobie pad and clean the debris and either wash by hand or place them in the dishwasher. However, as with all Teflon type products, your Teflon will not last as long by placing in the dishwasher as with hand washing so I do try to hand wash as much as possible and with soaking them, it only does a couple minutes to wash them.

A word of caution that is really obvious is to not remove the drip tray before the grill plates since the grease will still generally be dripping from the plates.

Warranty

A couple of weeks ago, I had to use the warranty which is one year and I called the number and was told a replacement grill would be sent to me and instructions could come in the mail as to what to do with my grill. The top part of my grill under the top plate had broken rivets.  A couple days later I received an e-mail that my grill was shipped via the postal service.  I received a brand new replacement grill 10 days after I called and received instructions separately in the mail to snip off the plug of my old grill and mail it with the letter to the address provided.

I am very impressed with this warranty of the fast service and not having to spend a lot of money to ship back a worthless product. George stands behind his products and for that he will continue to have my loyalty.

I do recommend this product and I am extremely pleased with its performance and knowing the company stands behind the product.

Find electric grills, griddles, waffle makers at Target.com! Make tasty and healthy dishes easily with the george foreman grill. It has a patented slo...

Black and silver color case. Floating hinge to accommodate thicker foods. Includes drip tray and special designe
Features:72 square inch cooking surface fits up to 3 servings and knocks out the fat with our George tough nonstick coating and patented sloped design...
George Foreman GRP4 Next Grilleration Removable Plate Grill George Foreman GRP4 Next Grilleration Removable Plate Grill Brand New w/ Factory Backed Wa...