Comments on Make A Wish Resort" (6 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
AWESOME
by mboyd12345
AWESOME EXPERIENCE,

Stayed here in Oct 2012. My child was treated like a king for a week. Worry free resort, parties and activities for kids every night. Unforgettable experience. Special thanks to all 1500 volunteers and thirty employees for everything. Free tickets to all the parks and more. I will never forget this trip and neither will my children. Thanks Give The Kids The World and all your sponsors.

Mike, Katie, Andrew, Ally, and Dalton
Nov 5, 2012
6:22 pm PST

Not just Make A Wish
by dreamfactory
Give Kids The World is truly an amazing place. What is important to know is that there are perhaps 100 organizations who send children to the Village. A CHILD CAN BE SPONSORED BY ANY NUMBER OF ORGANIZATIONS- Dream Factory, Special Wish Foundation, etc. Children come to the village from all over the world. It is NOT Make A Wish Village. It is for ALL the children and their families who are facing life threatening illnesses. If you have a child 3 through 18 years of age who has not received a previous dream, has a life threatening illness and would like to visit the Central Florida attractions. Visit www.gktw.org on their website they have a list of organizations, by state that you can contact.
Mar 23, 2011
5:59 am PDT

We'll be There Next Week!
by dangerdog775
So, I felt the need to write a little something here. I'll be going to GKTW's Orlando resort this weekend, but I gotta say, I really wish I never had the opportunity to go as strange as that may sound.

My nephew Zack was selected by the Make a Wish Foundation for his struggles over the past year and a half with ALL Leukemia. Thankfully he's in remission and in his final phase of treatment.

Your review of the resort sounds nothing short of amazing, (and it actually brought me to tears reading it.) I will be totally happy and completely grateful to experience this, but man I would gladly give this up for my little buddy to have never gotten sick.

Anyhow, this will be a great treat for the 4 of us I'm sure, and I really cant wait to go!

Thanks for the review! Time to go home and get packed!
Aug 6, 2010
2:35 pm PDT

This sounds fantastic.
by gillandtony
We were recently on a flight where a little girl was going to Disneyland, Paris with the "Make a Wish" organisation. Members of the cabin crew were so good with her and made her flight special. I wonder if Disneyland has a similar hotel in France?

I'm so glad that you all had such a wonderful time.

Gill
Apr 23, 2010
11:39 pm PDT

I met a girl who worked here once.
by chelledun, chelledun is an Advisor on Epinions in Hotels & Travel
She was awesome!

I think this place is SUCH a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Michelle
Apr 22, 2010
5:37 pm PDT

Never heard of this resort...
by BeastieGirl
although I have heard of Make a Wish- what a wonderful experience!

Thanks for sharing,