Glaceau Vitamin Water Focus Kiwi-Strawberry Reviews

Glaceau Vitamin Water Focus Kiwi-Strawberry

The Kiwi-Strawberry Flavored Glaceau Focus Vitamin Water

Apr 7, 2006

Pros:a few vitamins

Cons:the taste wasn't great, too much sugar, bad after-taste, too many calories for a water

The Bottom Line: I don't recommend this Vitamin Water, because it contains too much sugar, doesn't taste very good, and leaves a bad flavoring in your mouth.

It's always fun and interesting for me to try out new products, and if companies really knew about it, I would probably be the guinea pig for many of them. If something goes on sale that I haven't tried, I am even more likely to try it out, and that was the case with The Kiwi-Strawberry Flavored Glaceau Focus Vitamin Water. I had seen it sold many places, and even read about it a couple of times. It sounded intriguing, but my addiction to pop and Iced tea kept me from trying it out. Even after purchasing this one, it took me another week before I pulled it out of the refrigerator to drink. It's not that I wasn't looking forward to trying it out, because I have been a fan of Propel Fitness waters in the past, and it just had to wait for the right opportunity in my schedule. That chance for this drink came this morning when I decided to try it out.

As I had said, the Vitamin Water went on sale from its normal $1.39-$1.69 here down to 79 cents per bottle, and I picked out one that sounded interesting. There were other flavors, but I thought that the kiwi-strawberry sounded like an interesting combination that would taste pretty good. This particular bottle comes in a 20-ounce variety, shaped much like you would see orange juice in the same size plastic bottles. It has an odd label, with the top half being pink, and the bottom half being white. On that label is a lot of text including a long slogan about the why you should try this, and a list of various ingredients. It was interesting to note that their main selling point was that this was a product that could help you "pay attention more in this cell phone driven world." It does this with a combination of Vitamin A and Lutein.

The liquid in the bottle is a pinkish color, and I popped open the lid to take my first drink. I have to say that I was quite surprised by the texture of the drink, and expecting it to have a kick was startled that it was a very flat drink. It reminded me a lot of drinking Gatorade, but it was lacking that normal bite in the flavoring. On the first taste, I didn't like the taste of it very much at all, and the hint of strawberry tasted more like a strawberry Twizzler than a mixture of two fruits. With less than 1% juice advertised in the bottle, it should have been expected that it wouldn't taste exactly like the fruits, but being a drink that was intended to be "good for you" I expected a little more from it. After taking a few more drinks, I started to notice a bad after-taste to the water, which started to annoy me after drinking it for a while. While it went down very easily, and my stomach had no complaints, it became more like drinking a syrup intended for an Italian Soda than a flavored water.

The water has a lot of vitamins in it, that include A, B3, B5, B6, B12, and C, but the portions aren't going to satisfy your daily intake if that is what you are looking for. The negative part, is that the bottle contains 32.5 grams of sugar, which is an extreme amount for a simple flavored water. That is way too much for a "health drink" in my opinion, and probably added to the bland taste that I had experienced. At 125 calories for a bottle, topped off with all that sugar, it made my thoughts of the water shift even further towards the negative side of things. It doesn't seem at all like a product worth paying extra for, simply because it advertises it to be a great Vitamin Water. Any health benefits that you might get out of it, are taken down a peg because of the calories, the carbohydrates, and the sugar in my opinion. I think that it would be much healthier to go with something like propel which limits its additional ingredients, but to stay even safer, just go with a natural Diet Green Tea. This is a product that I do not recommend, and that I won't be purchasing again, no matter what the sale or flavor that is being offered.

Ingredients:

Vapor distilled/deionized water, crystalline fructose, citric acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), natural flavor, vegetable juice concentrate (color), gum acacia, electrolytes (calcium, magnesium, and potassium), vitamin E acetate, gum ester, vitamin A palmitate, niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), cyanocobalamin (B12), pyridoxine hydrochloride (B6)

Nutritional Information:

vitamin C 100%
Lutien 125 mcg

glaceau Smartwater, 20 Oz. Bottles, Case Of 24

glaceau Smartwater, 20 Oz. Bottles, Case Of 24

Enjoy pure, refreshing water Enhanced with a purposeful blend of electrolytes. Provides hydration you can feel. glaceau Smartwater, 20 Oz. Bottles, Ca...
Office Depot

14 Mixed Vitamin Water 20 Oz Bottle Small Vending Machine Flavor Labels

14 Mixed Vitamin Water 20 Oz Bottle Small Vending Machine Flavor Labels

This Buy It Now fixed price listing is for 14 different new Vitamin Water 20 oz Bottle flavor labels. These are the newer style, small button 3 1/2 wi...

Nectar Kiwi Strawberry

Nectar Kiwi Strawberry

Nectar Kiwi Strawberry 2 Pound Powder
the Vitamin Shoppe

Solaray - B-Complex Chewable Strawberry Kiwi Flavor - 50 Chewable Wafers, Vitamin B Formul

Solaray B-Complex Strawberry Kiwi Flavored ChewableChewable B Vitamins are probably one of the best ways of supplemen
LuckyVitamin.com

Prime Nutrition Performance Series EAA's Kiwi-Strawberry - 30 Servings

Prime Nutrition Performance Series EAA's Kiwi-Strawberry - 30 Servings

Essential Amino Acids. 100% Essential Amino Acid Formula. Essential Amino Acid can be used to support high intensity/anti-catabolic training in a vari...
V8 Splash Strawberry Kiwi Can 24-Case

V8 Splash Strawberry Kiwi Can 24-Case

Original provides two full servings of vegetables in a savory 100% vegetable blend; Splash refreshes with antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E: V8 SPLASH ...
Groupon

Nectar  Strawberry Kiwi Grab N' Go

Nectar Strawberry Kiwi Grab N' Go

Nectar Strawberry Kiwi Grab N' GO 12 Packets
the Vitamin Shoppe

Honey Stinger Organic Energy Gels - 24-Pack Kiwi Strawberry Naturally Caffeinated, One Size

Treat your body to a well-deserved energy with the Honey Stinger Organic Energy Gels 24-Pack. Unlike the typical dog-food-like energy bars, these deli...
Backcountry.com