Good Cook Twister Ice Cream Scoop Reviews

Good Cook Twister Ice Cream Scoop

5 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Very Good

Come on baby, let's do the twist with the Twister Ice Cream Scoop!

Jul 20, 2007 (Updated Jul 20, 2007)

Pros:works, comfy to hold, sturdy.

Cons:I eat too much ice cream.

The Bottom Line: Finally, a scoop that works for us- no more struggling and tearing up the ice cream.

I ordered some stuff in the Brylane Kitchen catalog, and on a whim I decided to get Good Cook’s Twister Ice Cream Scoop for $9.99. The ice cream scoop we had wasn’t working too well and I was all about getting some rock hard ice cream out of the bucket for my enjoyment.

Here’s the description of the Twister from Brylane Kitchen’s website:

“Scoop Rock-Hard Ice Cream Like Butter! New Twister™ Scoop's revolutionary design spirals thru the hardest ice cream with an easy twist of the wrist. Forms perfect balls of ice cream for cones, sundaes and more.”

The scoop is really cute- it has a red and pink swirled rubber handle area, and it is very cushiony, but not so thick that it does not fit well in the hand. The scoop is a good weight as well, and you can put a lot of pressure on it and not worry about bending or breaking it.

The scoop itself is a crescent moon shape, and the end is blunt. The scoop’s head is made out of cast aluminum with a brushed finish, and overall is it is 9 inches long overall. The Good Cook’s website describes the scoop as having an auger shaped design.

On the website of Brylane Kitchen and on Good Cook’s website it says that the scoop is dishwasher safe, but then when my package came the directions said that it was hand wash only. I hand wash mine, but that’s just because it won’t fit in the utensil rack in the dishwasher.

As far as using it, it is really easy- it does come with directions, but I didn’t read them- I just stuck it down in my rock hard orange sherbet and turned the scoop clockwise. It made a nice scoop of ice cream, and when I put it over my bowl, it slipped right into it. It really made my ice cream look even nicer than what it usually does, usually I have to scrape off chunks with a spoon and my ice cream looks all mutilated. But with this, it looks nice, plus it is so much easier to put in a cone or in a glass for a float.

I would highly recommend this to anyone- it is easy to use, very comfortable to grip, well constructed, it works really well, and finally I can eat my ice cream before it is all melted from me scraping a bucket of ice cream for 10 minutes! Also, this cost just as much as my other scoop that did not work well. No complaints here- except I eat too much ice cream!

Thanks to Helen for adding!

Twister Ice Cream Scoop  Good Cook Tools & Gadgets  Pink & Red

Twister Ice Cream Scoop Good Cook Tools & Gadgets Pink & Red

lojocuriousgoods Store Twister Ice Cream Scoop ~ Good Cook Tools Gadgets ~ Pink Red Prev Stop Play Next Twister Ice Cream Scoop ~ Good Cook Tools Gadg...