Good Life Dog Silencer Pro Reviews

Good Life Dog Silencer Pro

ratings (5 Epinions reviews)
Epinions Product Rating: OK

A Titan of a training aid for barking dogs!

May 8, 2011 (Updated May 8, 2011)

Pros:Well designed, easy to use, humane and durable.

Cons:None, really other than eats batteries with persistent dogs.

The Bottom Line: This device is a humane, durable and reliable way to stop excessive barking.  I highly recommend it.

We live in a zero lot line community, so you can imagine how close our homes are.  We also have 2 dogs who live inside of our home all year.  You never hear them.

Well, a couple of months ago, we had renters move in next-door with two dogs that they have shoved out in the back yard all the time.  The problem dog is a German Shepherd puppy that barks incessantly at every leaf that falls, cats, the mailman, and the wind.  The barking is all day and night and he keeps himself hunkered down right next to our den wall and master bedroom.

I was ready to report them to the police as our city has "nuisance dog" laws which include fines up to $250.  However, I decided to perform a web search for something that we could use that was humane and would still take care of the problem.

That's when I landed on the Dog Silencer Pro.  This little gadget runs either on a 9-volt battery OR you can use the 75 foot low voltage power cord which connects to a 110-volt adapter.  Since the power cable would give us away (and possibly anger these people who may or may not have a gun), I use the battery.

The unit is small enough to be hidden under a car, between the slats of a shadowbox fence, or can also be mounted to the wall if the doggie happens to be yours.  It has a 75 foot range to sense the barking and has enough power to emit an annoying sound up to 300 feet (depending on obstacles).  There are 2 settings: audible and high-pitch.  The audible setting sounds like a smoke detector, but wails for about 5 seconds and stops.  The "silent" mode emits 110 decibels of a pitch that is totally annoying to dogs.

There is also a sensitivity wheel to adjust the unit in the even that it is mounted outside.  By adjusting it properly, the unit won't be set off by other sounds or by wind blowing across the sensor.  There is also a heavy plastic custom shield that covers the unit for outdoor use.  There are holes for the speaker and the sensor but it protects it from shorting out from rain.  Two small feet can be opened up in the event that the unit is on uneven terrain to help stabilize it.

Finally, a key chain remote control is included which will activate the unit manually up to 75 feet away.  This is especially helpful when the dog is especially stubborn.  When the button is pushed, it activates the unit's speaker (audible or silent) for 5 second intervals.

How has it worked?  The instructions state that it may take up to a full month for the dog to be trained not to excessively bark.  However, we have had it for a little over a week and the barking has been cut by approximately 90%!  I am truly amazed.  It already ran down one 9-volt battery in about 7 days, but that's because the dog barks so much that the unit is being triggered excessively.

We love dogs and ours are completely spoiled.  We get upset when owners do not realize that dogs are social creatures and should be part of the family.  They are not to be stuck out in the yard and ignored.  We are happy to have found a humane way of controlling the barking.  This device basically works by startling the dog at first, and if the barking continues, the sound is so unpleasant, it stops the barking.

This is much more preferable to other devices such as shock collars which hurt the dog or in rare cases, some people have the vocal cords mutilated.  These types of solutions are truly cruel and inhumane.

The bottom line: besides being a humane way of controlling excessive barking, this unit has more features and seems to be much better designed than cheaper units.  Granted, $89.95 is a little pricey, but you are getting a lot of bang for your buck.  Cheaper devices are available, but they don't have the features and accessories that come with this device.  I highly recommend it and give it a 5 star rating.

ADDENDUM:  I forgot to mention that it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.  Save your receipt and if you are dissatisfied with the performance of the silencer, the company will refund your purchase price.  How can you go wrong with that?

Dog Silencerâ„¢ - Ultrasonic Bark Control Stops Dog Barking Humanely

Dog Silencerâ„¢ - Ultrasonic Bark Control Stops Dog Barking Humanely

Dog Silencer™ is the latest high-powered ultrasonic bark control device. With improved features from the original Dog Silencer Pro®, you can safely...
Good Life LLC

Dog Silencer

Dog Silencer

D14424

Rothco Dog Tag Silencers X 2 - Rubber - Black

Rothco Dog Tag Silencers X 2 - Rubber - Black

Rothco Dog Tag Silencers x 2 - Rubber - Black Rothco Dog Tag Silencers x 2 - Black - Rubber 537 Welcome to Drop Zone Paintball's eBay store!We ship hu...
Dog Tag Circle Silencer - Protect Your Pets Id Tag

Dog Tag Circle Silencer - Protect Your Pets Id Tag

Dog Tag Circle Silencer - Protect Your Pets Id Tag. Prevents tag jingle, glows in the dark, and protects against normal wear and tear Sizing These Pet...
Hot Dog Collars

Dog Tag Bone Silencer - Protect Your Pets Id Tag

Dog Tag Bone Silencer - Protect Your Pets Id Tag

Dog Tag Bone Silencer - Protect Your Pets Id Tag. Prevents tag jingle, glows in the dark, and protects against normal wear and tear Sizing These Pet T...
Hot Dog Collars

Bark Stop Dog Silencer Animal Pest Repeller Control Ultrasonic Trainer Outdoor

Bark Stop Dog Silencer Animal Pest Repeller Control Ultrasonic Trainer Outdoor

Product Description After years of research and development, Yard Sentinel has produced the bark stop dog silencer, featuring breakthrough technology ...

20 - Black Silencers For Our Authentic Military Dog Tags.
Quiet Spot Dog Tag Silencer, Soft, Velcro To Any Collar - Made In Usa - 9 Colors

MADE IN THE USA! Quiet Spot, The Original Pet Tag Silencer is Patented Technology (U.S. Pat. No. 6,367,426 - other int'l pat. pending) that makes life...