Goody Colour Collection Metallic Headbands Black 2 pieces (041457767801) Reviews

Goody Colour Collection Metallic Headbands Black 2 pieces (041457767801)

Goody Stay Put Headbands

Jun 20, 2009

Pros:Very attractive look, rubberband like underside resists slipping

Cons:Didn't work for my fine, thinner hair

The Bottom Line: A very nice set of headbands, attractive, but didn't work for me.

I just purchased this set of two Goody Colour Collection Metallic Headbandsat my local WalMart store.  My hair isn't long enough to be able to pull it back into a pony tail, and I do not like having to use barrettes to keep my hair out of my face.  They often pull and cause pain, and they don't stay in place with my fine, thin hair.

After checking out all that WalMart had to offer, I noticed a recurring theme among their hair care products.  Numerous Goody headbands have what they call "Stay Put" technology.  Although Epinions says this package contains two black headbands, I purchased the exact product that is pictured here, and mine had one dark brown and one black headband.

I've never seen a headband like this before!  These are very narrow, about 1/2" wide, and they do have a slightly metallic look to them, but I wouldn't call them metallic, as that brings up an entirely different image.  They are very stretchy, and what makes them so unique is the rubber band like stitching that runs along the headband, in five different rows.

Goody claims that these hold hair 33% better than standard headbands will.  They are one continuous loop, with a seam at one end, and at the seam is also a tag that has the Goody name.  They were fairly cheap, I paid less than $4.00 for the set of two Goody Colour Collection Metallic Headbands.

My main objective in purchasing these headbands was to be able to keep my hair out of my face while playing golf.  Where we play tends to be more windy, and there are times I honestly cannot see a thing because my hair is blowing in my eyes.  When I brought these headbands home, I put one in my hair and was thrilled with the chic look I achieved with it!  The dark brown color looked good in my dark blonde colored hair, and it did seem to stay in place quite well.

How well did it perform after using it for a few hours?  Not as well as I had hoped.  Although the back of the headband did have skid resistant stitching, it really rode up on the back of my neck, under my hair, and this resulted in my hair looking like it was bunched up.  From the front the headbands still looked fine, but when I took a mirror and looked at the back of my head, it was not a pretty sight.  I could take a comb and pull my hair back out over the top of the headbands, but this was just a temporary fix.

This was so disappointing!  These held out so much promise, and I really loved the way they looked in my hair, short term at least.   Goody says these will hold all hair lengths and types, but I think these would be suitable for those who have very short hair.  My hair is above my shoulders short, but I would say these would be better for even shorter hair.

Part of the problem I encountered is most likely due to my fine thin hair, as I mentioned earlier.  If your hair is thicker, you might not have the problems that I had with these.

This new technology is quite interesting.  I'm not sure how Goody manages to get the elastic stitching show through the underside, providing the non-slip feature, yet the top of the headband doesn't reveal this same look, but is soft and almost has a shirred, slightly ruffled look.  They really are attractive looking headbands, but they simply didn't work for my fine, thin hair.

X4 Goody Colour Collection Slide Proof Black Headbands 2 Packs

X4 Goody Colour Collection Slide Proof Black Headbands 2 Packs

You are buying 2 packs of goody colour collection slide proof black headbands .Each pack contains 2 headbands. This gives you a total of 4 headbands.*...

X6 Goody Colour Collection Slide Proof Brunette Headbands 3 Packs 76777 Lot

X6 Goody Colour Collection Slide Proof Brunette Headbands 3 Packs 76777 Lot

You are buying 3 packs of goody colour collection slide proof brunette headbands . # 76777 Each pack contains 2 headbands. This gives you a total of 6...

X6 Goody Colour Collection Slide Proof Brunette Headbands 3 Packs

X6 Goody Colour Collection Slide Proof Brunette Headbands 3 Packs

You are buying 3 packs of goody colour collection slide proof brunette headbands .Each pack contains 2 headbands. This gives you a total of 6 headband...

Goody Colour Collection Metallic Finish Bobby Pin, Black

Goody Colour Collection Metallic Finish Bobby Pin, Black Features This product has a metallic finish that picks up light and blends in with your hair'...

Set (6) Goody Colour Collection Reversible Headwraps Brown/tan Elastic Headband

Set (6) Goody Colour Collection Reversible Headwraps Brown/tan Elastic Headband

Set (6) GOODY Colour Collection REVERSIBLE HEADWRAPS Brown/Tan Elastic Headband Product Description Set of 6 Goody Colour Collection Reversible Headwr...
Goody Colour Collection Sparkly Metallic Elastic, Stay Put Hold, Brunette, 8 Count

Goody Colour Collection Metallic Finish Bobby Pin, Blonde, 50 Count

Goody Colour Collection Metallic Finish Bobby Pin, Blonde, 50 Count

Goody Colour Collection Metallic Finish Bobby Pin, Blonde, 50 Count Features This product has a metallic finish that picks up light and blends in with...