Gorillasnot Gorilla Snot Hair Gel

Gorilla Snot Hair Gel

May 20, 2011 (Updated May 22, 2011)

Pros:Extremely strong holding hair gel, doesn't flake, easy to use

Cons:Extremely strong holding gel, Made in Mexico

The Bottom Line:

Extremely strong holding hair gel, doesn't flake, easy to use

Guitar pickers, is it true you use Gorilla Snot Hair Gel to hold on to your picks?  I read this on the Internet and have a feeling it's true since I took guitar lessons back in the '90's.

Sometimes, when you least expect it, Walmart can throw a surprise at you, and I don't mean higher prices (although that's not uncommon recently).  I'm turning the corner of an aisle and see something that catches my attention.

YUK.  Its something ugly with an evil eye and has (I'm polite) mucus streaming from his nostrils.  Let's take another look.

It's a yellow funnel shaped bottle with SQUIZZ written in red and below it is written MOCO de GORILA GEL.  Let's examine this a bit more closely.

Weight: 11.99 oz $7.00

The packaging of MOCO de GORILA Gel as it's known in Mexico turns out to be Gorilla Snot Hair Gel in the USA.  The yellow plastic bottle has an image of a gorilla with a Mohawk haircut, an earring, and well, snot (mucus) running out of his nose.  Reminded me of a review my daughter wrote on Anti Monkey Butt Powder in 2009.  A monkey and a gorilla, both are apes.

The Product:
You won't find much English written on the back of the flip-top plastic bottle.  It's mostly Spanish but doing a Google search led me to find out a bit more about it, and then I also used it on my hair which comes down to the top of my shoulders.  It's not long but not short and has developed curls during the past 2-3 years.  What woman in her late 50's develops curls in her hair?  Well, I did and have had to change some of my hair products.

Gorilla Snot Hair Gel has a holding strength factor of 10 and I do mean 10.  If you have short hair and want to spike it, this is the product for you.  The wind won't mess it up, you won't be running your fingers through it (men, don't even try to run your fingers through your girlfriend's/wife's hair, she'll scream), and in fact, there's nothing that will move it.  It's stuck like glue!

If you're male and want your hair spiked or just use gel in it, you've found the right product!  My grandson has that spiky thing in the front of his hair and I'm sending this review to my daughter so he'll have something to keep his rooster's comb standing firm.

The plastic bottle is funnel shaped.  The smaller top is designed for easier gripping when opening the orange flip-top lid to squirt the thick, yellowish gel in your hands.  The gel is sticky and easily applied but you gotta be quick.  I've used it on wet and dry hair and neither way is better than the other.  If you put it on wet hair, you're not going to be able to comb it out.  Your hair is stuck in the way you style it and do style it or you'll have to start over.  If you use it on dry hair, your hair is stuck in the way you style it and as I said, "Do style it."  This gel works instantly.

I have a habit of running my right hand through my hair throughout the day.  When I use this stuff, that's not possible.  OUCH!

There is a slight undefinable fragrance to it.  It's not at all unpleasant and fades quickly.  If you leave any of the gel outside the opening, it dries up so I suggest you clean the opening after each use.  Have you used Gorilla Glue before and have the opening to dry up and you can't use the glue again?  Gorilla Snot Hair Gel is somewhat the same way.  It does have a larger opening and doesn't completely dry up but you do have a mess if you don't keep it clean and dry.

Ingredients off the bottle:
Water, PVP, Alcohol, PEG-150, Sorbital, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Cyamposis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum, Fragrance, Methylchloroisothiazolinone & Methylisothiazolionone, Yellow 10 (CI 47005), Yellow 6 ( CI 15985), Green 8 (CI 59040)

My Use:
I squirt around a quarter size amount of gel in my hand, rub my hands together and proceed to use it on my hair constantly moving and styling before it dries.  Gotta work fast!  Washing the gel off my hands can take a couple of washes before they're are clean and not sticky.  If you put a lot of gel in your hair, it does take extra shampooing to remove it.

I left the house one day with my curls all defined and shiny from CHI Shine Infusion.  Storms with high winds pounded my area of middle Tennessee but I came home with every curl still in place.  Nary a one had moved an inch.  Firm?  You bet!  Maybe even cemented.

I can go on the light side and use about a pea size of gel and my hair is only slightly frozen.  It will move.  If you have longer hair, this is the best way to go.  You do get style but it's not as if you've stuck your finger in an electrical socket with your hair sticking out every which way.

Have you got the idea yet that Gorilla Snot Hair Gel is extremely strong? It is, it is!  I love it!  It has its negatives but if used correctly, you have a wonderful product that leaves your hair looking great.

Gorilla Snot Hair Gel says, "Keeps hair free of nasty residue and protects and keeps it clean. Snott Gorilla contains natural ingredients, is a Gorilla-Friendly environment."

I read the ingredients and there seems to be too many words I can't pronounce for it to be "natural."  How about, "Keeps hair free of nasty residue and protects and keeps it clean?"  I have to give it that one.  Why?  Your hair is so stiff from the gel you can't get anything dirty/nasty to stick to it.  Protects?  Sure, it protects your hair because nothing can get on it/stick to it and nothing can get out of it.  Keeps it clean?  Once again, yes.  Nothing can get to your hair.  Gorilla Gel protects your hair from the elements.  There's no flaking either, a big plus.

If you get any of this gel on facial hair, you'll need a wash cloth with cleanser to remove it.  No hair spray is needed in case you're wondering.

Oh yes, I've listed a lot of negatives but I'll keep on using Gorilla Snot Hair Gel because it's that GOOD!  My husband is bald except for a few tiny hairs on top of his head.  I asked for his opinion.  I squired a small amount in his hand told him to use it quickly.  He left his hands on top of his head too long.  They stuck to his skull.  He had to put his head under the kitchen sink and let warm water loosen them.  I had the best laugh watching him.  I know, I know.  Maybe I'm not so polite after all.  Bless him, he's always willing to help me with "some" of my reviews.

***
My hair is processed, very fine and I have a lot of it.  The condition of your hair and how much product you use may possible determine how well Gorilla Snot Hair Gel works on your hair.  It'll take some practice as to the amount and how fast you work to define your style.
***

I'm sure you could probably find other uses for this product and if you do, please leave a comment.  I'd love to hear them!

Do not ingest and avoid eye contact.

5***** stars!

ddustyrose May 20, 2011

MADE IN MEXICO

A HUGE thanks to Shantel for adding this to the data base for me so quickly!

4x Gorilla Snot Gel (pack Of 4) 9.52 Oz Punk Yellow 01/2019

4x Gorilla Snot Gel (pack Of 4) 9.52 Oz Punk Yellow 01/2019

4X GORILLA SNOT GEL 9.52 OZ (PACK OF 4) - 4X MOCO DE GORILA 270 GR. (PACK OF 4) PUNK YELLOW. 01/2019.SNOT YOUR HAIR. PUNK INDESTRUCTIBLE. GEL FORMULA ...

Moco De Gorila Hair Gel (gorilla Snot Gel) Sport 9.52 Oz- Item

Moco De Gorila Hair Gel (gorilla Snot Gel) Sport 9.52 Oz- Item

Template By Froo! Moco de Gorila Hair Gel (Gorilla Snot Gel) Sport 9.52 oz- New Item Description You can now create sporty hairstyles that reflect the...
3x Gorilla Snot Gel Punk (pack Of 3 )11.9 Oz Each Unisex 11/2018 Yellow

3x Gorilla Snot Gel Punk (pack Of 3 )11.9 Oz Each Unisex 11/2018 Yellow

3X GORILLA SNOT GEL (PACK OF 3) 1.9 OZ EACH. PONTE MOCO PUNK YELLOW EL INDESTRUCTIBLE.SNOT YOUR HAIR. EXPIRATION DATE 05/2019.DO NOT INGEST, AVOID CON...

Moco De Gorila Hair Gel (gorilla Snot Gel) Galan11.9 Oz 2 Pcs.

Moco De Gorila Hair Gel (gorilla Snot Gel) Galan11.9 Oz 2 Pcs.

Moco de Gorila Hair Gel (Gorilla Snot Gel) Galan11.9 oz 2Pcs.Description Create extra-shiny hairstyles that your fans will not be able to resist. Moco...

Moco De Gorila Hair Gel (gorilla Snot Gel) Punk 9.52 Oz- Item

Moco De Gorila Hair Gel (gorilla Snot Gel) Punk 9.52 Oz- Item

Template By Froo! Moco de Gorila Hair Gel (Gorilla Snot Gel) Punk 9.52 oz- New Item Description You can now create any hairstyle you can imagine with ...
Moco De Gorila Gorilla Snot Hair Gel Style Sport 2 Pieces 11.9 Oz Priority Ship

Moco De Gorila Gorilla Snot Hair Gel Style Sport 2 Pieces 11.9 Oz Priority Ship

Snot Gorilla Gel Sport Style 11.9 oz Bottle (2 Pieces)FREE PRIORITY MAIL (US only) 2-3 Delivery DETAILS Hold Strong Hold Sport Style 11.9 oz per bottl...
Moco De Gorila 2 Pack Hair Gel (gorilla Snot Gel) Sport 11.9 Oz- Item

Moco De Gorila 2 Pack Hair Gel (gorilla Snot Gel) Sport 11.9 Oz- Item

Template By Froo! Moco de Gorila 2 Pack Hair Gel (Gorilla Snot Gel) Sport 11.9 oz- New Item Description You can now create sporty hairstyles that refl...
Moco De Gorila Hair Styling Gel (gorilla Snot Gel) Punk 9.52 Oz( 270g)

Moco De Gorila Hair Styling Gel (gorilla Snot Gel) Punk 9.52 Oz( 270g)

Moco de Gorila Hair Styling Gel (Gorilla Snot Gel) Punk 9.52 oz( 270g) Moco de Gorila Hair Styling Gel (Gorilla Snot Gel) Punk 9.52 oz( 270g) ITEM DES...

Moco De Gorila Hair Styling Gel(gorilla Snot Gel)rocker Explosive 9.52 Oz( 270g)

Moco de Gorila Hair Styling Gel(Gorilla Snot Gel)Rocker Explosive 9.52 oz( 270g) Moco de Gorila Hair Styling Gel(Gorilla Snot Gel)Rocker Explosive 9.5...

Moco De Gorila 2 Pack Hair Gel (gorilla Snot Gel) Punk 11.9 Oz- Item

Moco De Gorila 2 Pack Hair Gel (gorilla Snot Gel) Punk 11.9 Oz- Item

Template By Froo! Moco de Gorila 2 Pack Hair Gel (Gorilla Snot Gel) Punk 11.9 oz- New Item Description You can now create any hairstyle you can imagin...