Got2b Curl Vacious Curl Up Spray 6oz

One Of The Best Curl Sprays Out There: Got2b Curl-vacious Curled-Up Spray

Jul 11, 2009 (Updated Jul 11, 2009)

Pros:Boosts curls well; can be used on wet or dry hair; not sticky; fairly inexpensive

Cons:None for me, but can be hard to find in stores

The Bottom Line: This is a great curl spray. It boosts curls nicely without being sticky. It can be hard to find in stores, though.

I have naturally curly hair, but when I let my hair get longer, the curl turns more wavy. When my hair is shoulder-length and layered, I get decent curls. To make the curls tighter or to make the waves a bit wavier, I use a curl spray. Recently my favorite curl spray, FX Curl Booster Spray was out of stock at all of the stores that carry it, so I had to start looking for another curl spray. I looked around my local CVS drugstore and came across the Got2b Curl-vacious Curled-Up Spray. I decided to give it a try. With a price of about $6, I really had nothing to lose.

Product Details:

Got2b Curl-vacious Curled-Up Spray is a curl-boosting spray that comes in a small-ish, clear plastic spray bottle with an aqua blue pump spray that is also made of plastic. It has a clear plastic cap over the pump spray. The pump spray also unscrews so you can remove it in case you want to refill the bottle with something else.

The spray is the color of anti-freeze, a bright yellow/green.

This product comes in just one size, which is 6 oz.

From this product's packaging: Kick your curls into shape with Got2b Curl-vacious Curled-Up Spray. It's perfect to create tight spiral ringlets or soft, touchable curls and waves that last. Lightweight, heat-activated formula works great with hot styling tools.

Ingredients (taken from packaging):

Water, alcohol denat., methacryloyl ethyl betaine/acrylates copolymer, PEG-8 dimethicone, panthenol, polysorbate 20, styrene/VP copolymer, sodium benzotriazolyl, butylphenol sulfonate, buteth-3, tributyl citrate, disodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, phenoxyethanol, ethylparaben, butylparaben, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, hydroxycitronellal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxal, dehyde, geraniol, yellow 5, green 8, blue 1.

My Experience:

I wasn't sure what to expect from a Got2b product, as this is a line of haircare products that I don't recall trying in the past. I had perceived it as a somewhat cheap drugstore brand and had always passed it by in favor of a higher-end brand or at least a brand I was familiar with. However, I'm now sorry that I passed this brand by, because I really like this curl-boosting spray!

I wasn't sure if Got2b Curl-vacious Curled-Up Spray was used like other curl sprays or not. I read the directions, which state that this spray should be sprayed on damp, towel-dried hair and that hair should then be air-dried or blow-dried with a diffuser. I didn't like that suggestion, so I decided to use it on dry hair like I do with other curl sprays. My experience with putting a curl spray (especially one with any level of hold) on my hair when it's wet is disastrous, resulting in limp hair with NO curl at all. I always have much better results when I use it on dry hair.

I decided to try my Got2b Curl-vacious Curled-Up Spray the same way that I use my FX curl spray. Just spray it sort of lightly all over my head and scrunch my hair. The first couple of times I used it, I applied too much and my hair was too wet. I cut down the number of sprays I was applyin by about 1/3 and that ended up being the perfect number of sprays for me. I would estimate that I use five or six pumps all over my hair. Since this is a non-aerosol spray, I get better control when I apply it. The sprayer isn't a completely "drowning" spray, meaning that it doesn't apply a ton of product to my hair with each pump.

Speaking of the sprayer and the packaging, I like both. The sprayer hasn't clogged even once on me - despite this product having a light amount of hold. I like the clear spray bottle because I can always see how much product I have left in the bottle.

Back to the product and how it performs. I like the way that Got2b Curl-vacious Curled-Up Spray makes my curls and waves get curlier and wavier. It definitely boosts them by at least 25%. Despite having a light amount of hold, it still doesn't make my hair sticky or hard to manage. However, you have to be careful not to apply too much, or you will definitely have a sticky, unmanageable, flat mess and no curls. I would advise anyone using this for the first time to start out with an amount that seems like too little and working your way up until you have the amount that works the best.

When I use this curl spray on my curls, the curlier or wavier hair that I get from this product lasts all day. My hair very rarely needs to be touched up. The times that it needs to be touched up are when I take a nap and sleep on one side of my hair, flattening it. We have had several hot, humid days here in Ohio so far this summer, but I don't think my hair really has reacted to that humidity, so I wouldn't even say that this product needs to be re-applied when it's humid outside. However, to be fair, my hair does not normally react to the humidity. I also use a separate hair spray on my hair, which does help to coat the hair and keep it in place, so this also probably helps to keep the curls and waves in place once the Got2b Curl-vacious Curled-Up Spray has done its job.

I haven't had a problem with this product flaking after it's dried, even if I've had to brush it out. I also haven't had a problem washing it out the next morning.

All in all, I am really impressed with Got2b Curl-vacious Curled-Up Spray and how it performs. I like just about everything about it. It definitely makes my curls tighter and springier and makes my waves wavier. I'm not a fan of the young-ish packaging, as I prefer more sophisticated packaging since this product sits out on our bathroom vanity. But I will still buy this product anyway, as long as I can find it. I will rotate it with my FX curl spray, as I like both equally. I haven't been able to find it at other stores since I purchased it at CVS. My local Wal-Mart doesn't carry it, although they do carry other Got2b products. I'm hoping that my local CVS continues to carry this product.

Price and Purchasing Information:

Got2b Curl-vacious Curled-Up Spray
was $5.99 at my local CVS drugstore. I haven't seen this product at other stores, but it is available online at drugstore.com.

Some Of My Other Haircare Product Reviews:

Got2b Got 2b Curl-vacious Curled Up Spray 6 Oz Discontinued

You are buying 1 Got2B Curl-Vacious curled up spray enhancing curls 6 oz

Got2b Curl-vacious (3) 13.5 Oz Each - Cs2660

Got2b Curl-vacious (3) 13.5 Oz Each - Cs2660

GOT 2B CURL-VACIOUS CURLING CONDITIONER 13.5 OZ EACH YOU WILL RECEIVE 3 BOTTLES TOTAL NEW UNUSED

Got2b- Curl-vacious Shampoo 13.5 Oz

Got2b- Curl-vacious Shampoo 13.5 Oz

Show off your shapely curves with got2b curl-vacious curling SHAMPOO. This moisturizing formula will quench your luscious locks for shiny, frizz-free ...

Lot Of 4 Schwarzkopf Got 2b Curl Vacious Shimmer Curl Gel 8 Oz

Lot Of 4 Schwarzkopf Got 2b Curl Vacious Shimmer Curl Gel 8 Oz

You're buying a Lot of 4 Schwarzkopf got 2b curl vacious shimmer curl gel 8 oz they are new but not full as pictured.

Got2b- Curl-vacious Curling Shampoo 13.5 Oz

Got2b- Curl-vacious Curling Shampoo 13.5 Oz

Lot Of 3 Large 13.5 Oz. Bottles Got2b Curl-vacious Curling Conditioner

Lot Of 3 Large 13.5 Oz. Bottles Got2b Curl-vacious Curling Conditioner

HELLO AND THANKS FOR TAKING A LOOK WE HAVE 3 BRAND NEW 13.5 OZ. BOTTLES OF GOT2B CURLING CONDITIONER JUST LIKE THE ONE SHOWN HYDRATE SHAPE D-FRIZZ CUR...