Graco NasalClear Aspirator Reviews

Graco NasalClear Aspirator

Why didn't I buy this sooner?

Mar 25, 2009 (Updated Mar 28, 2009)

Pros:More efficient
Faster
gentler

Cons:Can be a little gross to clean, but no more than a traditional aspirator.

The Bottom Line: The NasalClear is so much easier and more efficient than a traditional nasal aspirating bulb.  Well worth the money.

After the birth of my second child I was told about the Graco's NasalClear battery operated nasal aspirator. I thought it sounded like a neat tool, but not really worth the money. Especially since I had a couple of free nasal aspirating bulbs that I had gotten for free from the hospital. But after the birth of my third child I decided to give it a try, especially since we had already been through a bout of RSV.
After using it, all I could ask myself was "Why didn't I buy this sooner?" I can't even explain the number of physical battles of will and power I had with my first two children over clearing their noses. Luckily, my very strong son learned at an early age how to blow his nose. I try not to kick myself too hard for not buying the NasalClear for them.  My youngest has benefited greatly from the NasalClear. She hardly makes a peep when we have to use it. If she does get a little restless I just turn the music on. (yes, it plays music!) And the music seems to do the trick to help calm the nerves to get the job done.

It is so much faster using the NasalClear too. And the aspirator only has to be inserted one time, as compared to the repetition of squeeze insert release, repeat of a traditional aspirator. I find it to be much more sanitary. I don't have to expel anything into a tissue, or fidget with the traditional bulb under the faucet, unsure as to how clean it is ACTUALLY getting. The Nasal Clear is easy to clean.
There is another company that makes a similar product. As far as I could tell it uses a small balloon/bulb that is disposable for the reservoir. I chose the NasalClear because I didn't want to have to buy replacement parts all the time, and make sure I had them on hand and in the right place.  Not to mention I hate creating more trash, just more for me to lug to the curb.

It comes with 2 soft silicone tips.  One for that is longer and narrower for thinner mucus and one that is a little stubbier for thicker mucus.  I only use the stubbier one.  I find it works great for my babies nose, but I admit, she tends to have thicker mucus.  It has reduced the amount of time I have spent suctioning my babies nose dramatically.

I was wondering how it felt, so I tried it on myself.  Of course I didn't have any mucus, and my nose is a bit bigger, but I really didn't feel much of anything, just a little vibration.  I also admit, I do place the tip a little further in the nostril than the directions say too.
Directions: "Hold baby upright and insert tip into the babies nose.  Be careful not to place the tip too far into the nostril or press against the inside wall of the nostril.  Be sure to keep the tip of the aspirator at a 90 degree angle.  Do not point it up into the nostril.  Allow the suction to clear the mucus.  Repeat in other nostril and as needed".

I think the NasalClear is will be the only thing I will be giving as gifts at baby showers from now on!

Graco Nasalclear Aspirator Plus Replacement Tips Baby Nasal Clear

Graco Nasalclear Aspirator Plus Replacement Tips Baby Nasal Clear

Welcome to GGsCloset ebay store This listing is for 1 Graco NasalClear Asprirator and a Pack of Replacement tips for the Graco NasalClear Aspirator. N...

Graco NasalClear Baby Nasal Aspirator, Battery Operated

Graco NasalClear Baby Nasal Aspirator, Battery Operated

The Graco NasalClear Nasal Aspirator offers a perfect solution if you are looking for a safe and fast way to clear your baby’s stuffy nose. This bat...

Graco Nasalclear Nasal Aspirator Clears Stuffy Noses

Graco Nasalclear Nasal Aspirator Clears Stuffy Noses

Shipping Cost: Free Shipping In The Continental USA This is a brand new in the box Graco NasalClear Nasal Aspirator, Clears Stuffy Noses Fast. NasalCl...