-23%

Graco Nautilus - Matrix Booster Car Seat

Free Shipping Walmart.com

Seatbelts, so we can be safe, 5yo loves being harnessed

Sep 8, 2010

Pros:grows with child
padded crotch clip
movable headrest
harnesses to 65 pounds

Cons:top harness height is low enough for a tall 4yo to outgrow

The Bottom Line: Buy this seat to harness your preschooler/kindergartener longer, thereby keeping them safer longer.

Two very important things about this seat, first is that it is a forward-facing seat only.  You cannot rear-face this seat.  Second, extended harnessing is safest for a preschooler, this seat grows with your child from a harness to high-back booster to backless booster.

When we bought this seat, we were looking to move DS#2 into DS#'s convertible.  We wanted something that would convert and that was affordable.  Our bigger concern was keeping him harnessed as long as possible.  With his delays, even now at 5yo, he doesn't understand sitting still in the car in a booster or leaving the seat belt alone.

We've had the seat a little over a year.  At 5 yo, DS is 42.5"/43" tall and 42 lbs.  He is safely harnessed at the 2nd slot from the top.

I love that the straps will adjust easily and quickly.  The seat itself is super easy to install, whether or not you have the LATCH system.  We have two cars, one has LATCH, the other doesn't.  I love that when in our non-LATCH car, I can attach the LATCH clips right to the seat without interferring with seat safety.  I've never had a problem with the straps twisting/turning.

The pad around the crotch clip is especially appreciated by my son.  His straps can be where they need to be without him feeling like things are getting crushed.  The crotch clip itself is difficult to pop, but in a good way.  An adult can easily get it, not necessarily a child.

The chest clip is a little easy to unclip for my comfort, but we're working on him leaving it alone.  I wish Graco had used the same clip on this one as they do the infant carriers.

A movable headrest is key to the growth of the seat.  After all, it keeps their head safe and as long as it's set at the right height (at their shoulders wiht the straps), it will protect them.

Overall, we love this seat and have one for each car.

Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

The Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Multi-Use Car Seat helps protect your child from 20 to 100 lbs, offering the ultimate in versatility and longevity. The car ...