Graco Snugglider Infant Car Swing (1F01GSV) Reviews

Graco Snugglider Infant Car Swing (1F01GSV)

Practical for all its purposes...

Apr 3, 2008

Pros:Space-sensitive; light-weight; great for traveling!

Cons:A battery-waster; lacks full power; not to be compared with its full-size counterparts.

The Bottom Line: This is a great buy for all its practical uses, but don't expect a full-size swing in this compact option.

My husband and I live in a small condo with not much room to spare. I had given away our taller Graco swing to a family who needed it at the time, with the intention of purchasing a lower, smaller swing when our baby came. We received this particular swing as a gift from my mother-in-law who had used it while babysitting for a neighbor of hers.

When you purchase the swing, it comes in a few pieces which are easily put together by putting poles into the appropriate holes. The swing DOES NOT come with batteries, so you need to purchase those separately. With that said, it requires 4 C batteries to operate the swing itself, and 3 AA batteries to operate the sound and vibrating features.

What we love about this swing is that it is VERY lightweight and folds almost completely flat for easy storage and transport. This is especially nice since I like to visit my mother who does not have a swing at her house. I also really enjoy the ability to pull my sleeping daughter and her carseat from the car and plop it onto the swing base when we walk in the door.

While this swing is so practical, it does have its downsides. As one reviewer stated, it sucks the life out of batteries. Depending on your use of the swing, you'll be swapping those things out every month or so. What's worse is the lack of oomph this swing has. You have to turn the swing on to full speed if you want to see decent swing action happening. This may be why the battery power disappears so rapidly. Since your using your carseat as the swing's seat, you're also not going to have a tray or any reclining options as is usually standard with full-sized swings.

Overall, I guess you're going to have to weigh your options. Since we lack space, this swing suited our most dire needs. If you have the space, you may consider getting this as a substitute for times when you bring your sleeping angel in and don't want to transfer, or when you're out and about visiting or vacationing.

Graco SnugGlider Infant Car Seat Swing Frame

Graco SnugGlider Infant Car Seat Swing Frame

Engineered exclusively for the SnugRide and Infant SafeSeat. This lightweight infant swing frame weighs only 8 pounds, making it the perfect portable ...
Toys R Us