Graco Snugglider Infant Car Swing (1F01GSV) Reviews

Graco Snugglider Infant Car Swing (1F01GSV)

Great Swing for tight spaces

May 22, 2008

Pros:Compact, Easy to use, Lightweight, Vibrates and has sound.

Cons:No A/C adaptor, The heavier the baby/seat the less it moves

The Bottom Line: Spend the extra cash on a real swing. Even if you don't use it for that long the resale is better than with this one.

I bought this swing for son with reflux. He had grown accustom to sleeping in his car seat and I figured the gentle rocking of a swing would help soothe his crying fits. It comes out of the box almost completely put together, you just have to snap the legs into place.

The Graco Snugglider Infant Car Swing is battery operated. It takes four D batteries to operate the swing motion and four AA batteries for the music/vibration. As far as battery operated swings go this one is alright but it's not great. The music is so-so but the vibrations are good, as long as batteries are on the newer side. The swing itself is not very forceful. Meaning that if you want one with a lot of rock to it keep looking. The seat and my son together weigh no more that 16 pounds and it barely moves, even on high.

I do love that the Graco Snugglider Infant Car Swing is compact, it even folds for easy storage or travel. It's also a lot easier to move that your traditional swings would be. I have no problem folding it up and taking it up a flight of stairs.

The downsides for me are as follows:
*This thing EATS batteries. Since I use it regularly this is some what of a problem for me.
*It does not have an A/C adaptor. So even if I wanted to I can't plug it in.
*Babies quickly out grow it because of how weak the swinging motion is. The heaver the baby/seat combo the less it will move.
*You should only use a Graco SafeSeat1 or SnugRide carseat. Other brands do not fit well which could compromise baby's safety if used with the Graco Snugglider Infant Car Swing.
*Once your baby out grows their car seat you have yet another useless piece of baby junk.

After its all said and done I would not buy this product again. If you need a swing buy a REAL swing, a good one and hope it has an A/C adaptor. I love the concept and the overall design of the Graco Snugglider Infant Car Swing, but the motor could be stronger or at least have an A/C adaptor.

Graco SnugGlider Infant Car Seat Swing Frame

Graco SnugGlider Infant Car Seat Swing Frame

Engineered exclusively for the SnugRide and Infant SafeSeat. This lightweight infant swing frame weighs only 8 pounds, making it the perfect portable ...
Toys R Us