Green Mountain Coffee Decaf Dark Magic (Extra Bold), K-cups For Keurig Brewers, 24-count, Boxes (Pack of 2) Reviews

Black Magic : Decaf but Delish!

Dec 28, 2012

Pros:All the dark roasty taste, none of the caffeine

Cons:K-cups are more expensive than bag coffee

The Bottom Line: For great dark coffee taste with none of the jitters (or for cup 4 of the day!) This will always be my first choice

It’s no secret around my office that Green Mountain's Black Magic K-Cup is my first and favorite coffee selection – however in the winter months those warm cozy cups of coffee add up, as does the caffeine.  Thus it seemed intelligent to order a 24pk box of the Green Mountain Decaf Dark Magic K-Cups when submitting our last ‘refill’ order.

For about $15 the 24pk came in a box that opened up to hold the cups neatly on a shelf (one side had a perforated opening to remove). This decaf dark roast from Green Mountain was definitely less expensive than some of the other choices. The 1 1/2 inch high single brew pod was white with a Green Mountain Dark Magic statement on the foil-like top, complete with the trademark coffee bean in the logo replacing the 'o'. It's used the same as any k-cup, simply insert the pod into the machine's niche, close the top and push the brew button. One single serving of coffee will brew within about 40 seconds, and the spent k-cup can then be removed and discarded –no need for filters or grounds.

I cannot judge by taste if a coffee is decaf or regular - but I drink it because love the taste of coffee! Also the smell, which this delivers in spades – that roasty bean scent comes through as it brews. I tend to drink my coffee black, with a bit of brown/raw sugar, and this brew works great like that – there isn’t much bitter to balance out with the Green Mountain Decaf Dark Magic K-Cups, just a smooth, easy coffee, deep and dark - although not inky, either visually or texturally. There’s no ‘flavor’ or any smoke to this dark roast selection, which works great for me because I don’t like either – straightforward dark/bold coffee, and I am easily sold.

I have always enjoyed and supported Green Mountain Coffee as a company. They're green-friendly, have fair trade products and seem to really focus on a quality product. For more information about them visit

I may sound close minded, but I see no need to bother trying any other decaf k-cups – this offers a perfectly smooth, roasty, full flavored coffee without the caffeine, keeping me from getting too jittery or dehydrated on those days when I just want a warm cup of comfort. I am back under the Dark Magic spell!

Welcome to Habana Premium Cigar Shoppe Attic @ RYOSupply Green Mountain Coffee ~Dark Magic DECAF~ (24) Keurig K-Cups Dark Roast DECAF Spellbinding com...
Green Mountain Coffee K-Cup for Keurig Brewers 24-Pack / Decaf Dark Magic Coffee K-Cup for Keurig Gourmet Single Cup Brewer; no messy grinding or clea...
The Lotoons Store Green Mountain Coffee Decaf Dark Magic K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig Brewers 24 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR U...
Spellbinding complexity. Deep, dark and intense. Enjoy our most popular Extra Bold coffee, now available in decaf! Spellbinding complexity. Deep, dark...