-28%
Greenies Petite Size Dog Chew Treats (18oz Bag 30 Count) Reviews

Greenies Petite Size Dog Chew Treats (18oz Bag 30 Count)

+$4.95 shipping Chewy.com
+$5.95 shipping PetFlow

Helps Your Dog Stay Healthy

Oct 26, 2010 (Updated Oct 26, 2010)

Pros:Dog loves them, helps reduce plague and tarter build up, satisfies urge to chew

Cons:Can be potentially harmful/fatal in rare instances

The Bottom Line:

Happy to recommend for our dog loves them, helps keep him healthy by cleaning his teeth and reducing plague and tarter.

We are blessed to have recently rescued a little bichon who just turned 2 years old.  At his vet appointment, the doctor noticed tarter build up and recommended we give our dog Greenies Dog Chew Treats to help prevent tarter and plague build up.

The Petite Size Greenies are suitable for dogs weighing between 15-25 pound.  The treats are green colored and in the shape of a short (about 2 1/2 inches long), fat toothbrush.  I was worried about the green color staining our dog's white fur, but we have not had any issues.  The treats are not organic.

Ingredients:  Gelatin, wheat protein isolate, glycerin, soy protein isolate, sodium caseinate, natural poultry flavor, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, lecithin, vegetable oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), minerals (magnesium amino acid chelate, calcium carbonate, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, copper sulfate, manganese sulfate, calcium pantothenate, potassium iodide), vitamins (dl-alpha-tocopherol acetate [source of vitamin E], L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate [source of vitamin C], vitamin B12 supplement, niacin supplement, vitamin A supplement, riboflavin supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, pyridoxine hydrochloride [vitamin B6], thiamine mononitrate [vitamin B1], folic acid), dehydrated tomato, apple pomace, ground flaxseed, dehydrated sweet potato, cranberry fiber, potassium sorbate (to preserve freshness), choline chloride, taurine, carotene, chlorophyll.

Greenies claim to be a good source of protein, low in fat, and high in fiber with vitamins and minerals.  They also claim that their treats are easily digestible.

I purchased a single Greenie Dog Chew at PetSmart for $1.49.  Our dog loved it!  He spent about 10 minutes chewing/eating it and then came over for more.  I then purchased the 30 count bag for  $15.00 at PetSmart.

Greenies feeding instructions suggest to give your dog one treat per day.  Our vet recommended 3-4 times a week which is what we do.  Both Greenies and our vet recommended to provide water while he is eating as well as to observe him to make sure he doesn't swallow a large hunk, which can be very harmful.

I was surprised to learn that a highly digestible dog treat can in fact cause digestion problems, and could possibly in rare instances be fatal, if swallowed in a large chunk.  I would have preferred to see Greenies be more responsible to their consumers and post this warning in large letters instead of in very small print.

After several months, our dog still loves these treats.  He gets so excited when we pull out the Greenies bag.  Unlike some dog chews, when he is given a Greenies, he will immediately lay down and chew it until it is all gone.

Our dog gets into a chewing mood at night and has destroyed several of my daughter's toys.  We give him a Greenie after dinner and it seems to satisfy his desire to chew something up.

I also like that Greenies is helping to keep our dog healthy by reducing his plague and tarter build up.  Plus, the chews help keep his breath fresh!

I am happy to recommend Greenies with the reminder to watch your dog while he eats them.

Greenies Petite Dental Dog Treats, 18-oz bag, 30 chews; Greenies Dental Chews are naturally made with added vitamins, minerals, taurine, and chlorophy...
Chewy.com
Complete oral care means a long and happy life for your best friend. When fed daily, GREENIES dental chews are clinically proven to deliver 4 benefits...
Vitacost.com
Choose the Right Size for Your Dog Petite: 15-25 lbs./7-11 kg The #1 Vet-Recommended Dental Chew. Complete oral care is important for your
PetFlow
Greenies Dog Treats: Dog Greenies, Greenies for Dogs at PETCOThere's never been anything like Greenies for your dog and now they're even better! Green...
Petco
Petco
QAY1007: Features: -Treat Type:Chewy treats -Life Stage:Adult
Greenies Treats Petite ~ 15-25 lbs 30 Count - 18 oz The next generation of oral care from Greenies! Reformulated treats feature a chewy texture with n...

GREENIES/NUTRO