Gundelsheim Barrel Red Cabbage, 18.3-Ounce Jars (Pack of 12) (Gundelsheim) - 078192046083

FOOD: Red Cabbage

Jul 16, 2012

Pros:Barrel Red Cabbage is generated as an all natural, no preservatives added product.

Cons:NONE NOTED

The Bottom Line: Cabbage is finely shredded, the taste is neither too vinegar or too sugary.

Kuhne Brand Gundelsheim ™ Barrel Red Cabbage, Original German Recipe is an especially delicious red cabbage treat nice for snacks and for adding to the dinner plate as a side dish, salad or vegetable cold during these long, HOT, 3 digits and climbing, summer days in Tornado Alley.

I like that this Barrel Red Cabbage, packed in the pretty, barrel shaped, clear glass jar is generated as an all natural, no preservatives added product.

I first became enamored of shredded, pickled, red cabbage during a Christmastime visit toSolvang,California, the Danish village in theSantaInezValleynear the sea.  Red cabbage is a traditional Danish Christmas preparation, while I do not have close Danish ties, I am a genealogy enthusiast, and have found Vikings in the bloodline.  I suppose it is only natural that appetizing sweet and sour, red cabbage would be something I would find flavorsome, intriguing and delicious.

Some of the best tasting  of the jarred offerings for this tasty treat that I have found are those offered by Gundelsheim.  While it is suggested by the manufacturer that the cabbage would be perfect if served with leg of goose and dumplings I will admit, I do not particularly care for duck, goose or most fowl.  It IS marvelous served withTurkeyand even baked chicken.

While the sweetner used by this producer is wheat based, when I make it at home I used corn based Karo syrup; I do not find much if any taste difference.

I like that the cabbage is finely shredded, the taste is neither too vinegar or too sugary, and the cabbage itself is packaged so attractively in the pretty barrel jar.  Unless serving at a special dinner situation I simply put the barrel jar on the table as Husband and I dine alone.

I do not necessarily serve red cabbage as  an only for holiday treat, and do use it year round, although I will admit that we use more during fall into winter.  It is a comforting, downright delicious food that goes very well with soup and hot sandwich autumn supper as well as it does with soup and cold sandwich summer supper.

Offered in several size jars, red cabbage in the 18/19 ounce jars will provide about 4 ¾ C servings per jar.

Happy to recommend Kuhne Brand Gundelsheim ™ Barrel Red Cabbage, Original German Recipe

==============

Ingredients  Red Cabbage, spirit vinegar, glucose-fructose syrup (from wheat), vinegar, sugar, salt.

Nutrition Information per serving

===================

Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin

==================

For more product details, facts, and shipping information please check the SEE IT button and  Vendor Links

---------------------
NOTE: The following is information regarding Kuhne Gundelsheim Foods Corporation.

If you, as I, have an interest in company information in particular information regarding where items are offered, safety standards regarding food items used, and safety for usage due to industry and governmental standards when available, history of company, I prefer long term companies using USA grown food stuffs.

Please Read;

Should you not have such interest, Please skip.

---------------------

Internet search including the Kuhne Gundelsheim website indicates : All Gundelsheim products are made according to traditional processes - from pickles to sauerkraut and our delicious cabbage.

Gundelsheim was founded in 1920 as the "Schwäbische Conservenfabrik Hofmann & Ziegler in Gundelsheim".

The town of  Gundelsheimis located in the charming valley of the Neckar, south ofHeidelberg. It was founded during the 8th century and the castle was built in the 12th century.  The castle is seen on the label.

At a later date, the company adopted the name of the town as its own brand name. The company was founded to manufacture gherkins, fruit and other vegetables. The plant included a vinegar brewery and a mustard mill.

The company's main products are sweet and sour pickled gherkins. In 1926 Gundelsheim was taken over by Carl Kühne KG  and business was continued as before.

World Finer Foods, Inc.
1455 Broad Street, 4th Floor
BloomfieldNJ07003
USA

Weston cabbage shredder

Weston cabbage shredder

This traditional, hand-driven kitchen appliance slices cabbage and other vegetables with an up-and-down motion. Place a full-, half- or quarter-head o...
Cabela's

Weston Products 70-1401-W Cabbage Shredder

Weston Products 70-1401-W Cabbage Shredder

The Prago Cabbage Shredder makes fast work of homemade coleslaw or salad. Cutting cabbage can be unwieldy, but the three super sharp stainless steel b...

Weston Cabbage Shredder 701401W

Weston Cabbage Shredder 701401W

Shop for Cooking & Food Preparation at The Home Depot. Weston Cabbage Shredder.. Fast & easy way to make homemade coleslaw! Great for shredding cabbag...
Home Depot

Prago Cabbage Shredder

Prago Cabbage Shredder

Perfect for making homemade coleslaw or sauerkraut, this cabbage shredder is a handy kitchen tool for the cook in your family. Three super-sharp, stai...
QVC

Weston 70-1401-W Cabbage Shredder

Weston 70-1401-W Cabbage Shredder

Weston Cabbage Shredder... Fast & easy way to make homemade coleslaw! Great for shredding cabbage or vegetables to make homemade coleslaw or sauerkrau...
Weston Cabbage Shredder 70-1401-W

Weston Cabbage Shredder 70-1401-W

Weston 70-1401-W Features: -Fast and easy way to make homemade coleslaw.-Three super sharp and stainless steel blades.-Shreds cabbage or leafy vegetab...
Wayfair

Red Cabbage Salad Bowl Collectible Vegetable Ceramic Glass Platter

Red Cabbage Salad Bowl Collectible Vegetable Ceramic Glass Platter

The Lotoons Store Red Cabbage Salad Bowl Collectible Vegetable Ceramic Glass Platter 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. W...

Cabbage Creamer

Cabbage Creamer

This cabbage-shaped creamer is the perfect addition to a coffee or tea service. Delightful Cabbage pieces pair a visually striking cabbage-leaf design...
Sur La Table

Cabbage Salad Plate

Cabbage Salad Plate

This cabbage-shaped salad plate is perfect for serving salads, appetizers and more. Delightful Cabbage pieces pair a visually striking cabbage-leaf de...
Sur La Table