-60%
HTC HD 7 - 8GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone Reviews

HTC HD 7 - 8GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone

Best Hardware with the worst software

Jan 10, 2011
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Clarity:
  • Portability:
  • Battery Life:

Pros:Great hardware

Cons:OS is garbage. .

The Bottom Line: A giant pretty paperweight.

I got a few of these from T-Mobile for renewing and adding a line on my contract. I was just planning to sell them, but try them out first.

I have to say, this device looks amazing. Makes every other phone look like prehistoric junk, even the over glorified iPhone.

But, WinMo7 is a joke. I mean really. . .

You can not change the layout, the wallpaper or ring tone to real music. There are no fun or fun to have apps in the awful Windows Market. . . The OS is so wretched it makes this amazing device a paperweight.

Also Microsoft took enough time to make the OS unbreakable. There is no way(as of now) to change it in any real way. It is made to look awful and it will. There is absolutely no way to alter its hideous layout.

It's truly amazing that the hardware looks this good and the OS can be equally bad.

I mean there are no physical flaws to this device. Everything looked and worked great. Fast, sleek but quite heavy. The weight in my opinion is no issue. This thing is huge with a great display, weight is not an issue.

Even at the price I paid I could not keep it. How can you have a device with a LCD this size and not be able to change the background?

Of course not being able to change the ring tone(for free) is just as awful.

Yet again, we will have to wait for a "complete" device.

Recommended for: Professionals On-the-Go - Internet and Email is a Must!

FEATURES Talk, Text, and Browse the Web The Red Pocket SIM cards provide as much voice calling, SMS and MMS messaging, and mobile web browsing as you ...