Hamburger Helper, Cheeseburger Macaroni, 5.8 Oz Boxes (Pack Of 6)

Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni is Acceptable and Simple to Make

May 20, 2008

Pros:Preparation is simple; Taste is good; Kids love it

Cons:Dry sauce tastes unnatural; sauce mix tends to clump

The Bottom Line: Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni is a good, simple food product.

With my busy lifestyle, I often opt for something quick and simple to prepare and eat, often on the run. Even on those occasions when I get to sit down and eat, speed is often still involved in the food preparation process. One easy- to- prepare food that I have been eating for many years is Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni, cheesy, pasta and beef dish that most anyone can make.

Basic Facts About This Product:

Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni is sold in a box, just like other Hamburger Helper products, and includes macaroni pasta and dry sauce mix. The sauce mix contains many different ingredients that contribute to the flavor. Besides the cheese, ingredients like onions, garlic, salt, paprika, and others compete for attention and give the flavor a little more character.

Preparing Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni is simple enough, and it requires hot water, milk, and one pound of ground beef (ground turkey can be substituted, if desired) per 5.8 oz. (164 gram) package. Once the ground beef has been browned in a large skillet and the fat has been drained, the only thing left to do is stir in hot water, milk, and the dry sauce mix; stir, heat to boiling, and simmer for about fourteen minutes.

Nutritional Information:

One serving (one third cup) of Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni prepared with ground beef contains the following nutritional values:

Calories: 350 (15 from fat)
Total Fat: 13 grams (5 grams saturated fat)
Cholesterol: 50 mg
Sodium: 890 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 34 grams (6 grams of sugar)
Fiber: 1 gram

Riboflavin: 15%
Niacin: 20%
Folic Acid: 10%

Ingredients:

Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni is made using Enriched Macaroni (Durum Semolina, Durum Flour, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate [Iron], Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Maltodextrin, Corn Starch, Salt, Whey, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Dried Tomato, Sugar, Corn Syrup Solids, Dried Cheddar Cheese (Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Dried Onion, Modified Corn Starch, Whey Protein Concentrate, Monosodium Glutamate, Dextrose, Dried Garlic, Sodium Caseinate, Mono and Diglycerides, Citric Acid, Nonfat Milk, Natural Flavor, Colored With Yellow Lake 5&6 and Yellow 5&6, Sodium Phosphate, Glutamic Acid, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), Egg, and Soy Flour.

Final Thoughts:

Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni is one of Hamburger Helper’s “Cheesy Favorites” and it ranks as the Hamburger Helper flavor I have consumed more than any other. I can remember eating Hamburger Helper when I was in elementary school and I recall that it was one of the few foods that everyone in the family could agree on. It wasn’t necessarily our favorite food, but it was something that was acceptable, easy to prepare, filling, and fairly nutritious. Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni was the flavor most consumed by my family because, again, it was a flavor combination that everyone in the family could easily agree on.

Today, I still eat Hamburger Helper on occasion and, like when I was a kid, I still don’t consider it a great food, but it is certainly an acceptable food and it makes for a reasonably nutritious meal when time is tight and you need to make something in a relatively short time; something a little tastier than a microwave meal and that at least offers a small amount of freshness in its taste.

Ease of preparation is still the main reason families like mine choose Hamburger Helper. Most of what is needed for preparation is already in the box, except for the hamburger and the milk. From start to finish, the total preparation time is about 22 minutes. This is longer than heating up a frozen dinner, but it is still reasonably fast and simple for a meal that involves preparation on the stove top.

Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni is the product I have eaten more than any other flavor in the Hamburger Helper family and, just like when I was a kid, the main reason is the agreeable flavor. Most every person alive likes the taste of hamburger, macaroni pasta, and cheese so this is a safe food to prepare and serve, especially with kids. The taste is far from being gourmet, and this fact discourages most people from serving Hamburger Helper products to adult guests. But kids of all ages like the taste of Hamburger Helper and they will readily accept a bowl or plate of Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni without hesitation.

Going back to the subject of taste, Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni offers a flavor that most will find acceptable- Not bad, but also far from extraordinary. The taste of the macaroni is okay (pasta is pasta), but the taste of the sauce is a little bit on the unnatural side, due to the powdered mix, and also a little bit too salty. The powdered sauce mix is no substitute for the taste of real cheese, but it is acceptable enough that most people will continue to eat. The other problem I sometimes have with Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni is the tendency of the powered sauce to clump. No matter how well I have stirred the mixture, there are inevitably clumps of sauce mix. It would be better if the sauce was consistently smooth, but this is another area where children seem to tolerate the nuances of Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni better than adults. Kids not only don’t mind the clumps, some actually like them because they offer a concentrated cheese flavor.

Overall, Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni is an acceptable food product that offers a reasonably fast, reasonably wholesome main dish (high level of protein and many essential vitamins in each serving) to a larger dinner or a dinner all by itself. We usually complement our Hamburger Helper with some green vegetables to make the meal better- rounded, along with some fruit or other food. It isn’t a gourmet meal by a long shot, but Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni does offer an agreeable main dish that most anyone will find at least acceptable.

Hamburger Helper Microwave Singles Cheeseburger Macaroni - Pack Of 12

Hamburger Helper Microwave Singles Cheeseburger Macaroni - Pack Of 12

Hamburger Helper Microwave Singles New (Shelf-Pull)Outer box has signs of shipping/shelf-ware/sticker damage.Individual packages are undamaged.Hamburg...

Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper Classic Cheeseburger Macaroni

Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper Classic Cheeseburger Macaroni

Little Bits of Lots Little Bits of Lots Little Bits of Lots Hamburger Helper Classic Cheeseburger Macaroni Flavor 5.8 Oz Brand New sealed This item is...