Hamilton Beach 18qt RoasterChef Roaster Oven 527WS

Good Product, Just Not For Me - Hamilton Beach 18 Quart Roaster

Dec 12, 2009

Pros:just like having an extra oven, easy to use

Cons:big and bulky, hard to store because of size, short cord

The Bottom Line:

I would still recommend the Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven as I do think it is a good product, just not for me.

I always wanted a Roaster Oven. I thought it was something that would make my life easier. I found the Hamilton Beach 18qt Roaster Chef Roaster Oven 527WS in White and wanted it. I found the Roaster Oven at Boscov’s for $49.99 and I had a $20.00 off coupon. When I went to purchase the oven, they were running a scratch off promotion. You got a certain amount off with a scratch off ticket. With my ticket, I ended up paying $24.99 for my Roaster Oven.

The Roaster Oven has a white base with a temperature control and a power indication light on the front. It also has an 18 quart removable insert pan, a rack, a white lid and cover handles.

The insert pan must always be used when cooking in the roaster oven. When cooking casserole, cakes or whatever, you can leave the rack in and place the dishes on the rack.  This makes it easier to remove when finished cooking.

Before using the Roaster Oven, make sure the temperature knob is on off and plug in. Preheat the oven for fifteen minutes before cooking.  A 9x13 and 10x14 pan easily fit in the oven.

You can use the Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven like a regular oven. You can roast meats and poultry, for baking, steaming, warming rolls and quantity cooking.

I cooked a turkey and a ham in my roaster oven.  I have also blanched fresh corn to put in the freezer. I have also cooked large batches of chili for the freezer. I have never baked anything in my Roaster Oven.

Having a Roaster Oven is like having an extra oven. You can cook anything that you can cook in a regular oven.

The temperature knob goes from 200 to 450 degrees.  The numbers are easy to read and the dial is easy to move and set.

To clean the Roaster Oven, make sure the oven is turned to the off position, unplug the roaster and let cool. Wash the cover, rack and insert pan in hot soapy water. Wipe the inside of the roaster base with a damp cloth. If you have burned on food in the roaster oven, let it soak and use a nylon scouring pad. Rinse and dry.

The user’s manual is easy to read and contains recipes. I have never made any of the recipes that are included with the manual. They look like they would be easy to make.

The Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven has a limited two year warranty which I did not have to use.

The 18 Quart Roaster Oven was an appliance that I thought I had to have. I did use it occasionally but not as much as I thought I would. The unit is rather large. It took up so much space on my counter that I only used it infrequently. But when I wasn’t using it, it was even harder to find a place to store it due to its size. Because of the size, it also made it a bit difficult to clean. The insert pan didn’t fit in my sinks which then made it awkward to wash.

The electrical cord on the Roaster Oven was a bit short. I wish it would have had a longer cord.

The Roaster Oven was also heavy. It did have handles to carry it but it was still heavy. Not sure what they could do to make it lighter but it was heavy to lug around.

I used my Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven up until I knocked it off my counter top and dented it. I thought it would be OK but because of the dent, the lid did not fit properly and it didn’t hold the heat. This of course was not the manufacturers fault but my own. I ended up throwing the unit away and have not replaced it since I didn’t use it as much as I thought and I really didn’t have the space to store it when I wasn’t using it.

They still make the Hamilton Beach 18 Quart Roaster Oven. You can get it at Wal-Mart or home appliance stores. I have also seen it online.

I think the Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven is a good product if you have the space for it and have a use for an extra oven. It would make a nice present or a wedding gift.

Hamilton Beach 18 Quart Roaster Oven wasn’t for me. It was too big and bulky and I just didn’t use it as much as I thought I would.

Hamilton Beach Indoor Contact Grill

Hamilton Beach Indoor Contact Grill

Hamilton Beach Indoor Contact GrillForm meets function without losing any style. This Hamilton Beach grill features a trendy style, removable grids an...
HSN

Hamilton Beach Removable Grid Indoor Grill, 60-inch, Black

Hamilton Beach Removable Grid Indoor Grill, 60-inch, Black

Hamilton Beach Removable Grid Indoor Grill, 60-Inch, Black Features Power and Ready to Cook Lights Low-Fat grilling: fat drips away from food as it co...

Hamilton Beach - 32184 - HB 18Qt Roaster Oven

Hamilton Beach - 32184 - HB 18Qt Roaster Oven

This large Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven roasts, bakes, cooks and serves. Its stainless steel serving lid flips up for easy access and it has an easy li...
HAMILTON BEACH Black Indoor Grill - 60 in

HAMILTON BEACH Black Indoor Grill - 60 in

Find electric grills, griddles, waffle makers at Target.com! Hamilton beach black indoor grill - 60 in

Hamilton Beach 38541 Electric Grill

Hamilton Beach 38541 Electric Grill

A hot, hearty breakfast is a meal that comes together quickly, but it has to be served right away. No worries - this Electric Griddle has a warming tr...
Office Depot

Hamilton Beach 25450 Gourmet Panini Press

Hamilton Beach 25450 Gourmet Panini Press

The Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker is an excellent appliance to have on hand to make grilled cheese and other hot sandwiches. Ever...

Hamilton Beach Easy-Clean Indoor Grill 25332

Hamilton Beach Easy-Clean Indoor Grill 25332

Hamilton Beach 25332 Features: -Indoor grill.-Adjustable temperature controls.-110 square inch cooking surface grills up to 4 burgers at a time.-Quick...
Wayfair

Hamilton Beach 31602 Raclette Party Grill Multicolor - 31602

Hamilton Beach 31602 Raclette Party Grill Multicolor - 31602

Shop for Indoor Grills and Sandwich Makers from Hayneedle.com! Have you heard about the Hamilton Beach 31602 Raclette Party Grill yet? This amazing in...
Hayneedle

Hamilton Beach Indoor Grill. 110 sq. in. Indoor Grill 25332

Hamilton Beach Indoor Grill. 110 sq. in. Indoor Grill 25332

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Hamilton Beach offers indoor grills that give you the delicious results you're looking for. Love steak, only Ha...
Home Depot

Hamilton Beach 25460 Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker

Hamilton Beach 25460 Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker

The Hamilton Beach Panini Maker is designed to allow you to quickly grill delicious, hot sandwiches of just about any thickness. It features easy-to-c...