Hamilton Beach 18qt RoasterChef Roaster Oven 527WS

Good Product, Just Not For Me - Hamilton Beach 18 Quart Roaster

Dec 12, 2009

Pros:just like having an extra oven, easy to use

Cons:big and bulky, hard to store because of size, short cord

The Bottom Line:

I would still recommend the Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven as I do think it is a good product, just not for me.

I always wanted a Roaster Oven. I thought it was something that would make my life easier. I found the Hamilton Beach 18qt Roaster Chef Roaster Oven 527WS in White and wanted it. I found the Roaster Oven at Boscov’s for $49.99 and I had a $20.00 off coupon. When I went to purchase the oven, they were running a scratch off promotion. You got a certain amount off with a scratch off ticket. With my ticket, I ended up paying $24.99 for my Roaster Oven.

The Roaster Oven has a white base with a temperature control and a power indication light on the front. It also has an 18 quart removable insert pan, a rack, a white lid and cover handles.

The insert pan must always be used when cooking in the roaster oven. When cooking casserole, cakes or whatever, you can leave the rack in and place the dishes on the rack.  This makes it easier to remove when finished cooking.

Before using the Roaster Oven, make sure the temperature knob is on off and plug in. Preheat the oven for fifteen minutes before cooking.  A 9x13 and 10x14 pan easily fit in the oven.

You can use the Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven like a regular oven. You can roast meats and poultry, for baking, steaming, warming rolls and quantity cooking.

I cooked a turkey and a ham in my roaster oven.  I have also blanched fresh corn to put in the freezer. I have also cooked large batches of chili for the freezer. I have never baked anything in my Roaster Oven.

Having a Roaster Oven is like having an extra oven. You can cook anything that you can cook in a regular oven.

The temperature knob goes from 200 to 450 degrees.  The numbers are easy to read and the dial is easy to move and set.

To clean the Roaster Oven, make sure the oven is turned to the off position, unplug the roaster and let cool. Wash the cover, rack and insert pan in hot soapy water. Wipe the inside of the roaster base with a damp cloth. If you have burned on food in the roaster oven, let it soak and use a nylon scouring pad. Rinse and dry.

The user’s manual is easy to read and contains recipes. I have never made any of the recipes that are included with the manual. They look like they would be easy to make.

The Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven has a limited two year warranty which I did not have to use.

The 18 Quart Roaster Oven was an appliance that I thought I had to have. I did use it occasionally but not as much as I thought I would. The unit is rather large. It took up so much space on my counter that I only used it infrequently. But when I wasn’t using it, it was even harder to find a place to store it due to its size. Because of the size, it also made it a bit difficult to clean. The insert pan didn’t fit in my sinks which then made it awkward to wash.

The electrical cord on the Roaster Oven was a bit short. I wish it would have had a longer cord.

The Roaster Oven was also heavy. It did have handles to carry it but it was still heavy. Not sure what they could do to make it lighter but it was heavy to lug around.

I used my Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven up until I knocked it off my counter top and dented it. I thought it would be OK but because of the dent, the lid did not fit properly and it didn’t hold the heat. This of course was not the manufacturers fault but my own. I ended up throwing the unit away and have not replaced it since I didn’t use it as much as I thought and I really didn’t have the space to store it when I wasn’t using it.

They still make the Hamilton Beach 18 Quart Roaster Oven. You can get it at Wal-Mart or home appliance stores. I have also seen it online.

I think the Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven is a good product if you have the space for it and have a use for an extra oven. It would make a nice present or a wedding gift.

Hamilton Beach 18 Quart Roaster Oven wasn’t for me. It was too big and bulky and I just didn’t use it as much as I thought I would.

Hamilton Beach 18-Quart Roaster Oven 32184

Hamilton Beach 18-Quart Roaster Oven 32184

Hamilton Beach 32184 The next time you prepare a large meal, let this Roaster Oven take care of the main course. You'll end up with mouthwatering mea...
Wayfair

Hamilton Beach 32229 22 qt. Roaster Oven Multicolor - 32229

Shop for Roasters from Hayneedle.com! About Hamilton BeachOne of the country's leading distributors of small kitchen appliances, Hamilton Beach Brands...
Hayneedle

Hamilton Beach 32184 18 Quart Roaster Oven W/stainless Steel Lid & Buffet Pans

Hamilton Beach 32184 18 Quart Roaster Oven W/stainless Steel Lid & Buffet Pans

VMInnovations Mobile Electronics Home Electronics Sports Outdoors Toys Baby For Your Home Hamilton Beach 32184 18 Quart Roaster Oven W/Stainless Steel...

Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven 32229

Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven 32229

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Double your oven space with the Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven. When the occasion calls for a large entree, cook i...
Home Depot

Hayneedle

Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel 22 Quart Roaster Oven

Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel 22 Quart Roaster Oven

Double your oven space - perfect for the holidays Roasts, bakes, cooks & serves Removable pan Easy lift-out rack

Proctor Silex Roasterchef 32190 18qt Roaster Oven

Proctor Silex Roasterchef 32190 18qt Roaster Oven

18QT ROASTER OVEN PROCTOR SILEX ROASTERCHEF FACTORY SEALED NEW LIMITED SALE PRICE!!!! Oven-type temperature settings for baking and roasting. Cooks fu...

Hamilton Beach 32229 Roaster Electric Oven

When the occasion calls for a large entree, cook it in the 22 Quart Roaster Oven instead of your main oven. As it roasts, meat is surrounded with stea...
Hamilton Beach 22-Quart Roaster Oven 32229

Hamilton Beach 22-Quart Roaster Oven 32229

Hamilton Beach 32229 When the occasion calls for a large entree, cook it in the 22 Quart Roaster Oven instead of your main oven. As it roasts, the me...
Wayfair