Hamilton Beach 33966 6-Quart Slow Cooker Reviews

Hamilton Beach 33966 6-Quart Slow Cooker

Hamilton Beach Crock Pot Cracked!

Oct 7, 2008 (Updated Oct 7, 2008)
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:Size and shape are both good. Pot lifts out for ease of cleaning and storage.

Cons:Bottom of crockpot developed severe crack after less than a year.

The Bottom Line: I would not buy this item again due to the cracking of the ceramic base after less than 10 uses.

I liked the size and shape of this crockpot, plus the locking handles which made it safe to transport food in it. The glass lid is useful to allow checking of contents without lifting lid and risking lowering the temperature. I found the electronic controls to be easy to use. With the timer and the temperature probe being other terrific features, I invested in one last winter. It has been nice to use and I have had great-tasting food results. Meat actually browns and the crockpot seems to cook food faster than my previous older ones. I found it relatively easy to clean, especially with the lift-out ceramic liner. It was also convenient to be able to store food in the refrigerator in this liner. The other nice part is that I could prepare the ingredients the night before, put it in the frig and then place it in the base in the morning to cook. Unfortunately, the ceramic pot now has a crack which runs parallel to the bottom edge and goes all the way through the pot! Clearly, this makes it unsafe to use, as bacteria can accumulate in this crack, as well as leaks could occur. I am not optimistic about them replacing it, as I have now read on numerous other sites about the same flaw and the company's refusal to honor their warranty. Guess I now have a huge ceramic planter (if only I could find an oval saucer to go under it.....)

Amount Paid (US$): $45.99

Hamilton Beach Set n Forget Slow Cooker Crock Pot 33966 All Items Are BRAND NEW In ORIGINAL BOX! Hamilton Beach Set n Forget Slow Cooker Crock Pot 339...

Family Size 6 quart oval Programmable slow cooker with flat panel digital read-out- and stainless steel base for easy storage clean-up, plus separate ...