Hamilton Beach 51101 1-Speed Blender Reviews

Hamilton Beach 51101 1-Speed Blender

+$4.99 shipping Wayfair

Excellent for making smoothies

Feb 20, 2008

Pros:Size, power, easy cleanup, portability, perfect for smoothies, price

Cons:Slight smell if motor gets hot

The Bottom Line: If you don't want to buy or clean a full size blender, then this is for you.

I read some good reviews of this product both here on epinions and on Targetā€™s website before I decided to purchase. After the unit arrived and since Iā€™ve used the unit a few times, I can agree with the positive reviews.

After opening the box and hand washing the components (they are not dishwasher safe and the base must be wiped down), I decided to try the strawberry banana recipe from the instruction manual. This came out pretty good, though I did have to add some ice to it to get it to the desired consistency. There are also recipes for protein drinks, milk shakes and even salsa in the instructions.

The base is very small which is a plus. There is only one button on it: ā€˜pulseā€™ which is perfect for making smoothies. The container is also small (actually perfect size) with markings up to 12 ounces, but holding closer to 16 ounces if close to being full. The container is plastic and shatterproof. There is a locking feature on the base into the container that keeps the container secure when using. The lid for the container also has a small removable cap which can be removed to add ingredients while mixing. The unit came with another travel lid which is extremely convenient. This lid has a small hole in which you can drink directly from or insert a straw. The container can then be removed and taken with you and even fits in most carsā€™ cup holders.

The blades in the smoothie maker are very powerful and crush ice easily to such a consistency that there are no ice chunks, which is a huge plus for me as I do not like icy or chunky smoothies. The blades do get a little warm and emit a very slight burning smell, but that is very minimal.

The unit is very easy to clean due to its small size as are the caps/lids. Another feature of this blender I like is that there is a space on the base to wrap the cord around and store. All in all, this has been an excellent blender so far and the perfect one for me since I use it mostly for making smoothies.

Hamilton Beach 51101 Features: -Travel lid lets you drink from the jar.-Fits in most car drink holders.-Great for fruit smoothies, icy drinks, shakes ...
Wayfair
Enjoy juices, smoothies, and shakes in a jiffy with the elegant and efficient Hamilton Beach 51101 blender. The portable design of this Single-Serve B...