Hamilton Beach 51101 1-Speed Blender Reviews

Hamilton Beach 51101 1-Speed Blender

Single Serve Blender aka Mini Me (HB 51101B)

Aug 18, 2008

Pros:Travel cup fits car holder, size, wrap cord, cost.

Cons:Locking & unlocking feature, noisy for size, unchopped pieces of fruit.

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a small blender that uses very little counter space, blends efficiently this one is for you.

Currently sharing a kitchen with two other women, YIKES, and have limited counter space. Looking for something smaller than what I have in storage. Found this at WalMart for $15.99, reasonable. Thought it was cute and small enough so I got it. I totally enjoy fruit smoothies for breakfast and I got it specifically for that purpose. The one I purchased (model 51101B - wasn't listed for review so I used the closest single serve blender I could find) has the lid you can drink out of and fits in the car cup holder. I like that! It is compact, a plus, and the cord wraps around the base and hold pretty securely and I like that too! Has only three pieces, lid, base (with one pulse button) and plastic container. I purchased it 3 days ago and have already used it over 5 times - made pancake batter, fruit smoothies and my own shea butter body cream. Did a great job for most, except my smoothie had unchopped pieces of fruit still in it - which wasn't bad, but a smoothie it was not! Maybe I didn't let it pulse long enough, will try again this evening and see what happens. Haven't had the opportunity to try frozen fruit or ice yet, maybe sometime this week or over the weekend.

For a blender so small, I found it a bit noisy for the size. Cleaning was...could have been easier, but hey, it is what it is. The only feature that I am not keen on is the locking and unlocking feature for the container. Broke my right wrist in an accident, have been diagnosed with post tramatic arthritis and being right handed, find it difficult to get a good grasp and twist on the container. Well, if nothing else, it will improve the strength in my left wrist.

All in all I like it. It is serving it's purpose and taking up very little counter space while doing so.

Enjoy juices, smoothies, and shakes in a jiffy with the elegant and efficient Hamilton Beach 51101 blender. The portable design of this Single-Serve B...