Hamilton Beach 68330 4 Quart Ice Cream Maker Reviews

Hamilton Beach 68330 4 Quart Ice Cream Maker

Makes excellent Ice Cream

Jul 15, 2011

Pros:Makes the ice cream fast
Turns out the perfect consistency

Cons:The process is a bit loud
Leaves a bit of un-churned stuff on the very bottom

The Bottom Line: If you're looking for a fairly in-expensive ice cream maker that is dependable, I would recommend this one.

We lost parts of our old ice cream maker in a move last year. Therefore I have been on the hunt for a good replacement.  The Hamilton Beach is the third brand I have tried, and I'm quite pleased with it.

The box contained, 1 ice cream canister (that appeared to be better quailty and not as flimsy as others I have tried), 1 dasher blade, 1 lid (not see through), the motor and the white round plastic bucket for it all to fit into.  Also included were the instructions and recipe book.

I was very excited to try it out to see if it worked, though somewhat skeptical due to my previous experiences with other brands.  I open my Ben & Jerry's ice cream recipe book all set to make some butter pecan.  While I was making the ice cream, I had put the canister in the freezer to get cold, even though the instructions do not tell you to do that, I was being extra cautious.  I poured my ice cream base into the canister, placed it in the bucket.  Fill the bucket with ice and salt and directed and plugged it in.  Every once in a while when the ice would get low, I'd add a bit more, with a bit more salt.  After 45 minutes, it stopped on its own (yipee!!).  We opened it up, and we had soft serve ice cream.  We have since made 3 more batches all with the same results, after about 45 minutes it stops on its own with the perfect consistency. As with any ice cream maker, if you want your ice cream harder, you need to put it in the freezer.

We are very pleased with our purchase of the Hamilton Beach Ice Cream maker.  It far exceeded my expectations.

amp;lt;img src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/web/aswCredit.gif border=0amp;gt;amp;lt;br amp;gt;amp;lt;a href=http://www.auctiva.com/?how=scLnk0 target=_blank...