Harbor Breeze 44" White Bella Vista Ceiling Fan Reviews

Harbor Breeze 44" White Bella Vista Ceiling Fan

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Harbor Breeze - is a bella vista.

Oct 4, 2009 (Updated Oct 5, 2009)

Pros:A decent fan for the price with a nice light kit.

Cons:May hum slightly on high speed.

The Bottom Line: A classy ceiling fan with a light kit that cools me off instantly.

Bella Vista translated in Italian means "Beautiful View" .

Two years ago, I decided to change a fan in a spare room so I went shopping at a few stores.  The fan I had was old, inexpensive and did not cool the room as well as my other fans throughout my home.   I did not want a cheap fan or an expensive one.  I already have 2 Casablanca fans in my home (expensive), Hampton Bay in my bedroom and another brand in my kitchen.  So I do have experience with different brands.,

I have been house-hunting the past 2 years and the first thing I look at is the fans already in the home.  If I notice a cheap fan up especially in the open areas, it puts a negative in my mind as to how other work would have been done throughout the home.  The homes may be beautiful outside but the upkeep shows poor taste in quality chosen that can make me wonder about other things around the house I can't see done cheaply.

Since different stores carry different models and styles, after looking at so many I decided on this model carried at Lowe's for $59.00 plus tax.

~ About this Bella Vista ~
Harbor Breeze is a private label for national home centers, wholesale clubs and contractors made by Litex Industries in Texas.  For questions, problems or missing parts you can call the number on the instruction manual that directs you to Litex.  They do not sell fans on their website but provide troubleshooting help and information on installing/purchasing a fan.

This is a matte white 44" fan with 5 blades for indoor use.  It has the reverse button with 3 speeds.  It comes with 3 alabaster glass lamps bell designed.  It uses 3 type A, 60 watt candelabra bulbs.  It can be mounted in 3 ways; for low ceilings, normal height and vaulted/slanted ceilings.  It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.  This style, Bella Vista, comes in 3 types; white, nickel and bronze.  Currently selling for $58.76 but have seen it lower and is currently available at Lowe's.

The instruction manual is not a colorful booklet with a glossy cover like some of my other manuals but it is very easy to follow with illustrations next to each step in English and Spanish.  There are from A to V in part descriptions with various quantity of each.

Since I have 2 brothers that do electrical work with plenty of experience putting up fans, when they came over all I had to say was " I purchased this fan...". They both went in the room, opened the box and had it up in about an hour.  Now, I'm very curious on many things and I had to keep on checking out what they were doing but they kept on telling me to leave them alone.  They first took everything out of the box and spread it out making sure all the parts were there.  I don't think they read the manual.  One was on the ladder and the other brother was handing him the parts.

I did not have the 2 pull chains installed because I have a wall switch from my old fan which I like much better that was previously installed by an electrician.  Pull chains can damage the fan by children if they pull too hard.   This fan does not come with a remote control which is a good thing so I don't have another item to look for around the house.

~ Summary ~
If you're new at installing ceiling fans, I would suggest studying the booklet and not rushing it.  It could take up to 3 hours alone or more.  But for anyone experience it will be easy.  If you run into problems, I am sure the Customer Service would be very happy to assist you.

I've had this fan now for 2 years and am glad I purchased it.  I love the style for the room it's in.  It has a contemporary light kit that goes well in any room.  It runs without any humming or vibrations.  It does hum some if I run it on 3rd speed but I never do because it I don't like the excessive air and 2nd speed does the job at cooling instantly.  That is the main reason I replaced my fan because my other did not work well at cooling the room.  I was previously using a portable small fan because the room gets really hot and the ceiling fan was not cooling the room off at times and don't want to lower the air conditioner for just the one room.  This room is where I have my computer in so I must be comfortable.

This fan has a nice style, works well and was inexpensive compared to similar types for my taste.  I know I made the right choice.  While the room I have the fan in is a spare room, I like to balance the quality of fans I have in my home and could not see purchasing a cheaper fan nor spending more money since it's a spare room.  This fan met my expectations with style and price.

I did not think Harbor Breeze would be a brand for me but have been impressed.  I have yet to change a bulb after 2 years but I used 40 watts instead of the 60 since I have another table lamp in the room for extra light.

Harbor Breeze Tiempo 52-in Brushed Nickel Downrod Mount Ceiling Fan with Light Kit E-TM52BNK5CS

Contemporary style 52 in Indoor fan with Brushed Nickel finish. 5 reversible Golden Maple/Golden Walnut finished blades. 4-arm light kit with froste...
Lowe's

Harbor Breeze Builders Series 42 White Finish Ceiling Fan 0373684 -

cashexpressdealer store HARBOR BREEZE Builders Series 42 White Finish Ceiling Fan #0373684 - NIB This Auction is for a BRAND NEW HARBOR BREEZE Builder...

Harbor Breeze (5) Cherry Finish Wicker Inlay Design Blades 124596

Harbor Breeze (5) Cherry Finish Wicker Inlay Design Blades 124596

Harbor Breeze (5) Cherry Finish Wicker Inlay Design Blades 124596 Features Wicker Inlay Cherry Finish Designed for Indoor Use Details Brand: Harbor Br...

Harbor Breeze White Scroll Kit SK-WW

Harbor Breeze White Scroll Kit SK-WW

18 In. white chain included. 20 In. cord included. 2 swag hooks included.
Lowe's

Universal Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Remote And Receiver Kit Plus Wall Remote

Universal Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Remote And Receiver Kit Plus Wall Remote

Harbor Breeze 40' Range Handheld Ceiling Fan Remote Universal Harbor Breeze Remote and Receiver kit including Wall and Handheld remote plus receiver R...

Harbor Breeze Universal Ceiling Fan & Light Remote Control 120 Volts / 60 Hz

Harbor Breeze Universal Ceiling Fan & Light Remote Control 120 Volts / 60 Hz

New Harbor Breeze Universal Ceiling Fan Light Remote Control 120 volts / 60 Hz Condition:Brand new, sealed.Description:120 volts / 60 Hz Max. fan amp:...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Control - Item 815l

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Control - Item 815l

HARBOR BREEZE CEILING FAN CONTROL

Harbor Breeze Builders Series 42 White Finish Ceiling Fan 0373684 -

Hi! You are looking at a brand new HARBOR BREEZE Builders Series 42 White Finish Ceiling Fan #0373684 - NIB! THIS ITEM HAS ONLY BEEN OPENED FOR PICTUR...