Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe... more than just a dinner!

Sep 14, 2003 (Updated Sep 15, 2003)

Pros:just about everything... it's an experience you want to have at least once.

Cons:not somewhere I would advise going for the average Friday Night Out!

The Bottom Line: It is a fun place to go just make sure you take enough money for the gift shop that I forgot to mention in the review!!!

The only Hard Rock Cafe I have ever had the opportunity to dine in, was in Gatlinburg, TN... Yet it will remain an experience that I will not soon forget!

The Hubby and I were on a visit to Gatlinburg for our first Anniversary which was in December of 2000, but I had always wanted to visit a Hard Rock Cafe and since he had before, he insisted this be our dinner location. I was concerned at first about the cost, we don't have a lot of money and since our anniversary is 4 days before Christmas, I was one that would have been happy with a McD's burger and fries for dinner, but he wouldn't have that!!! He insisted, and I'm glad he did! It was an EXPERIENCE!!!

THE DECOR

Entering the front door of the Hard Rock Cafe in Gatlinburg, which is actually located at 515 Parkway, right in the middle of downtown, you get the feeling you are entering a dark pub! I think we were there before the actual dinner crowd as it was around 3pm when we arrived for dinner. It was practically empty, with only a few guests, some of which were families with children, a few couples, and a few others who chose to beat the dinner rush to have a leisure meal without the waiting or crowds that were soon to follow.

The hardwood floors were glistening, and the overall room wasn't dark at all. Rather very well lit once in the dining room. We were seated quickly by ok and I have to say this "a scantilly clad" hostess! Her skirt in my husbands words didn't leave much to the imagination, but despite his eyes popping out of the sockets, the hostess was very cordial and accomadating to our wishes. :)

I couldn't begin to explain the walls of the dining area, as they are filled with everything you could imagine from Gold records of your most famous stars to displays of clothing.

We chose to go directly to our table instead of stopping at the bar, yet, there was a fully stocked bar to serve drinks of your choice with yet another "scantilly clad" beauty bartending. :) Wonder why I insisted I was starving and didn't want a drink first. shhhhh don't tell him!!!

THE MENU

The menu features just about anything you could want from so tempting appetizers such as chicken tenders, or hot wings, onion rings, nachos and potato skins. I was honestly hungry not only saying that to keep the hubby away from the beautiful ladies at the bar, so I didn't want to spoil my appetite with appetizers.

While the menu offers everything from shrimp scampi, to Steaks, hamburgers, and a simple soup and salad, he knew he wanted the "rack of bbq ribs". This entre` included a house salad, baked potato with your choice of toppings such as butter, sour cream, bacon bits as well.

I have never seen a rack of ribs at a restaurant so big in my life... they ran over both side of the platter they were served on!

I chose, ok you can laugh... but just to be cautios I chose a chopped sirloin steak, with baked potato, and the house salad. My steak was equally as big and I was wondering if it was ok to ask for a "doggie bag" in a place this FANCY!!! I'm told you don't ask for Ketchup in a place like this because that is considered rude to the chef!!! Go Figure... Learn something new everyday!!!

The menu prices vary but the Ribs were priced at $19.99 which was not a bad price if you could have seen that plate of ribs, and my Steak I think was about $12.99. Non alcoholic drinks will cost between $1 and $2 with bar prices ranging anywhere from $2 for a bottle of beer up to lord knows how much for a fine bottle of wine!

DRINKS

While there is a full sit down bar with mixed drinks served, we chose a before dinner drink of draft beer, in a souvenir pilsner glass, [at a cost of $10.00 each] A bit high for draft beer, but we still have the glasses as souvenirs to this day. For Dinner, we had Iced water and Tea. No coffee after dinner or dessert, as the menu selections were more than enough to even fill up a hungry tourist.

The atmosphere and docorum is something I had never experienced. There are ledgends of both Rock and Roll and Country Music Memorbillia on every wall. You can walk around freely looking at the exhibits, and taking pictures if you so choose. Being that this one was located in Seviere County Tennessee, home of Dolly Parton, there was a lot of memorabillia of hers there!

And before I close just for the ladies, I have to say the "ladies room" was spectacular!!! I didn't go in the guy's room but hubby was not as in awe as I was about the lovely pink marbled counters and tile with an attendant in the ladies room offering hand soap and dry towels. Guess that isn't important to the guys :)

2004 Hard Rock Cafe 2 Barbienibnrfb

2004 Hard Rock Cafe 2 Barbienibnrfb

Live up to your rockstar image by bringing the Hard Rock Cafe #2 Barbie in your collection and enjoy her sheer presence. Dressed in bold black faux le...

Mr. Big: Live At The Hard Rock Cafe Cd (2007, American Beat Records (usa))

Mr. Big: Live At The Hard Rock Cafe Cd (2007, American Beat Records (usa))

Mr. Big: Eric Martin (vocals, acoustic guitar); Paul Gilbert (acoustic guitar, background vocals); Billy Sheehan (electric bass, background vocals); P...

The Doors Morrison Hotel 180g Gatefold Hard Rock Cafe Sealed Rhino Vinyl Lp

The Doors Morrison Hotel 180g Gatefold Hard Rock Cafe Sealed Rhino Vinyl Lp

Feted first as underground heroes, then reviled as teeny-bop stars, the Doors threw off such conundrums with this magnificent release. MORRISON HOTEL ...