Hartz Cat Quick Wipes Reviews

+$4.99 shipping Hayneedle
+$4.99 shipping Hayneedle

Hartz Living Quick Wipes for Cats

Nov 29, 2011

Pros:Soft, thick, moist, nontoxic, cleans surface dirt

Cons:Overpowering scent

The Bottom Line: I found the scent overpowering. I would recommend using alcohol-free, unscented baby wipes instead. They do the job just as well, and are just as gentle on kitty's fur.

Every now and then one of the cats needs a quick cleanup between baths. Sometimes they track in a bit of mud from outdoors, or maybe they have a bit of something on their fur that needs to be cleaned off. I bought a package of Hartz Living Quick Wipes for Cats to take care of the quick cleanups.

There are 16 pre-moistened wipes in this resealable package. Just peel back the designated tab, pull out a wipe, then reapply to reseal the package. The heavy duty wipes are safe and nontoxic, so they will not harm your cat if he licks himself after being wiped down. They contain  water, surfactants, conditioning agents, vitamin e, aloe, preservative, fragrance. They are extra thick and soft, and measure 8 inches by 10 inches. They are easy to use for quick cleanups, whether you just need to wipe your pet's paws or remove tear stains, dirt and dander from his fur.

When Alex came in with mud on his feet, I grabbed one of the wipes and proceeded to clean him up. I started with his face, then worked my way down to his feet. The wipes were moist enough to clean his entire body without drying out. They were also soft, yet strong enough that there was no tearing or shredding of the wipe.

They did a fairly good job of cleaning the surface dirt from his fur. You should keep in mind though, that these are only meant as a quick cleanup, and not meant as a substitute for a complete bath. They will only remove the surface dirt, and won't clean his undercoat.

The thing that I didn't like about these wipes is the smell. The "fresh scent" might not be so bad if it weren't so strong, but it is overpowering. If I can smell it from across the room, it is too strong. Alex sneezed a couple of times when I started to use it on his face, but was fine afterwards. I'm not certain whether the sneezing was related to the use of these wipes or not, since he does tend to sneeze sometimes though.

Although they may be fine for some families, and some cats, I probably won't be buying them again. I will use the rest of this package because aside from the smell, they did the job fairly well and I really hate to waste money. I will not be using them on his face again though because of the overpowering smell. I plan instead to go back to the alcohol-free, unscented baby wipes that I was using in the past. They do the job just as well, and are just as gentle on my kitty's fur.

This review is part of sleeper54's Lean n Mean X write off.

Shop for Grooming from Hayneedle.com! Cats are known for their cleanliness, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't use a hand once in a while and wh...
Hayneedle