Hasbro BeyBlade Hidden Spirits top-Griffolyon

Hasbro BeyBlade Hidden Spirits Top-Griffolyon ~Let's Battle~

Sep 2, 2003

Pros:includes free dragon

Cons:expensive top

The Bottom Line: Hasbro

My boys are strange. They will be 16 in November and 15 in December. One minute they are into living and breathing anything pokemon. Last I remember, Beau had 1200 plus cards I believe. Then Yu-gi-oh and now the new craze seems to be BeyBlade. My sons always did like the more expensive toys, and BeyBlade is no exception. I had been hearing about BeyBlade for a week or so, and decided to actually ask them the details and stuff. One day the oldest talked on the phone, nothing but BeyBlade to a 12 year old friend I decided then to write about this toy. High performance tops, Hasbro touts under the name.

****BeyBlade Hidden Spirits top-Griffolyon

Included in the box:

*Instruction sheet
*right spin launcher
*ripcord
*parts to build dragon
*BeyBlade top

Ages 8

My son purchased another BeyBlade top item at Super WalMart which is about an hour from our house. The hubs was there buying new sneakers and my son went along. After the hubs found sneakers, they went down the road to WalMart and that's where Evan forked over 7 bux for this. I was like, what? He had earned the money by helping mow our massive yard, but still. I just feel thats a tad too much for a top.

I was informed BeyBlades required assembly before being able to actually put them into action. A phillips screwdriver is needed. Two screws are included. There is an instruction sheet included. Evan admitted he did need it as the Griffolyon dragon needed assembly also. The frames are numbered, and the instructions state(from back of box): follow the numbers carefully to make sure you are assembling the right parts. Stickers are included in this set. Some of these say Griffon, as my son hasn't applied all the stickers yet. Also, don't forget to ask an adult to trim any extra plastic using scissors or other suitable tool.

After assembly of this toy, you need a battle dome or something to launch the BeyBlades into battle. The boys do not have a battledome yet. They use a couple of my big pans(when we aren't home) or a round lid of some sort which I gave them as it was getting thrown away and it does the same thing as a battle dome. They use it and don't complain so it must do the trick. They've used the tub also, LOL. It must not work right as they haven't done it lately.

Use the rip cord and launcher to launch the BeyBlades and it's battle time. Again the instructions state(from back of box): Do not launch off tables or elevated surfaces. BeyBlade tops are intended to be used on the floor. Do not lean over the stadium when BeyBlade tops are in play, as they may bounce up and hit eye or face. Woohoo too fun!

You can(from back of box): build to create your own BeyBlade top, customize for different attack patterns, launch into the battle stadium, battle your opponent to win.

My three cents on the Hidden Spirits top

I would not pay this much money for a top, but I'm not 15 anymore. Haven't been for a long time, hehehe. It is neat, but also could be dangerous when used inappropriately. I would consider the childs attitude with this top. I know a lot of kids do not listen and will launch this off any surface. I know mine are the same. Just this past Sunday, the oldest boy said, "watch mom." He launched the BeyBlade onto the linoleum floor. It hit the wall, turned left and was gone. He's like, "mom, did you see where that went?" Yesssss, it's out in the laundry room near the back door, LOL. Almost 15 feet from the initial launch spot.

I will unfortunately, be buying more of these for the boys over the upcoming months, since it's not a hand held game, pokemon, or play station, or drugs. I'm glad the pokemon phase is ending. Plus both their birthdays are in the winter and then Christmas too. These seem durable. I haven't heard the boys complain about anything except the bright yellow rip cord. I think the ripcord is cheap compared to the cost of the top. Perhaps Hasbro will read this and send me some coupons. One can dream

My son informed me the reason this BeyBlade was 7$ instead of the regular 5 bux because of the included Griffolyon dragon. There are also, many different BeyBlades on the market. The boys have a sheet from another set I presume, that lists the: attack, defense and endurance of each BeyBlade. Like Dranzer F, WyBorg, Makendo, Draciel, Polta, Trygle, dragoon storm, and many others.

I would recommend supervision of these tops should you have small children in the house.

Here's a link to a picture for this hidden spirits top-Griffolyon

Product and colors may vary-bottom of box.

More questions?

or

*For new products and offers*

Hasbro
Pawtucket, RI
USA

**Thanx for reading**. I hope you found this helpful.

**Thanx** MT for adding this to the database.

~Wanda~

Type of Toy: Other
Age Range of Child: 9 Years or Older

Beyblade Extreme Top System Half-Pipe Battle Set

Beyblade Extreme Top System Half-Pipe Battle Set

Find figures and mini dolls at Target.com! Get ready to let it rip with this beyblade xts half-pipe battle set. This awesome set has everything you ne...

Hasbro Beyblade Metal Masters Bb-59 Burn Fireblaze 2010 135ms Stamina

Hasbro Beyblade Metal Masters Bb-59 Burn Fireblaze 2010 135ms Stamina

Hasbro Beyblade Metal Masters BB-59 Burn Fireblaze 135MS Stamina Photo shows f ront and back NEW Original Owner. Smoke free and pet free home. Shippin...

Beyblade Metal Fury Performance Top System Legendary Bladers Set

Beyblade Metal Fury Performance Top System Legendary Bladers Set

It's a pack of attack, defense and stamina with the Legendary Bladers 3pack set of spinning battle tops In the attack column of this trio of fierce Be...
Toys R Us