Hay Day for iPhone for iOS

Hay Day - a Farming game for iPhone or iPad

Mar 6, 2013

Pros:Fun for all Ages, Free

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: Hay Day is a fun Farming game that you can play for free and join with  your friends for even more fun.

Hay Day is yet another addictive game that I have found. I use my iPad to play Hay Day because it has such fun graphics that it would be too small for me on the iPhone. Hay Day is a Farming game where you build your farm over time and do tasks to get more things. I guess there is an end at some point, but I doubt I play long enough to ever get there. There is also a social component which is a blast. Connecting to friends on Facebook allows you to visit and interact with their farms. All in all it is a load of fun, so move over Farmville, and make way for Hay Day.

Downloading the App

Hay Day by Supercell is free to download from the App store to your iPhone or iPad. I had no issues downloading it and the game was absolutely free. I have also had no issues with crashes or glitches. The game takes 38.4mb of space.

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

In App Purchases: You can download the App for free, but if you want to rush things a little you can buy game currency for as little as a couple dollars on up. If you do not want to get sucked in to purchasing things, just shut the game off and go back to it later. With some patience the game is fully playable without making any purchases.

Basic Game Play

Hay Day is a Farming game complete with fun Farming Style Music. If you ever played Farmville, you will love Hay Day, because it has the same concept but the graphics and animation is so much better. Plus the sharing with friends is more fun.

Getting Started: When you start out you have a small farm with a couple buildings. It starts you out with a tutorial and then pretty soon you are out on your own collecting eggs from the chickens, milking the cows and sheering the sheep. I think its funny that the pigs do not die in the process of giving you bacon. They just seem to get skinny until you feed them again. The game has many humorous twists.

Game Currency: Hay Day uses coins and diamonds as game currency. You earn Coins from completing most tasks but only earn diamonds for certain rare things or leveling up. You quickly get it that diamonds are valuable. Do not waste them early on or you will regret it, and be tempted to buy more.

Leveling up: As you do most tasks you will get coins and also your level will increase. As you level up you can get more cool things so you want to keep going with your levels.

Awards: If you click on the Farm House you will see all potential awards. Most of them require that you complete multiple tasks to earn the rewards. It sort of makes the game more fun and gives you a chance to earn some game currency.

Storage: You will find out quickly that you can only store so many things in your Barn or Silo. Once you have too many it will want you to upgrade your storage. This can be done by collecting a variety of items. Some of them are hard to get and of course there is an option to upgrade your storage for diamonds. If you run out of space and do not want to upgrade you either have to use some things or sell them in your store.

Selling things: Occasionally a random character will walk up to your farm and want to buy something. Sell it if you want to. I usually sell to everyone because you get some coins and experience and sometimes special awards.

The Boat: As you level up you will have a boat on a River. I have not gotten that far yet but I am guessing that this will be another way to earn coins and or sell what your farm is making.

Connecting with Friends

Connect the game with Facebook to play games with your friends. You can go to their farms and buy from their stores. I think you can even make friends with people you don't know by visiting their farms from the newspaper ad. Once there you can either just purchase something from them or you can like their farm and or connect with them as a friend. There is a limited number of spaces for friends.

Communication: There is no real way to communicate with your friends in the game. No notes are left or anything like that. Just buying and selling of crops and items.

The Store: Each farm has it's own little store. You can put things up for sale there and your friends can come to your store and buy things. When they come to your store they can also visit your farm. If you have something for sale and want to advertise it, you can put it in the newspaper.

The Newspaper: At the end of your driveway opposite the store is a mailbox with a newspaper. Click the newspaper to see who is selling what. Newspaper ads could be placed by anyone and this gives you the chance to visit and get friends even if you do not have a lot of facebook friends playing Hay Day. It is nice that the game allowed this random connection option.

I think the Newspaper is one of the best features of the game. If you are missing an item you can go at any time and flip through the paper to see what people have listed for sale. Sometimes you will go visit their farms and find they have a bunch of other items too. It really is a clever idea.

Final thoughts and Rating

I am giving Hay Day 5 stars. It is a superior Game and well thought out. I did not mention every little thing because I do not want to ruin the surprise. It is easy to figure out and fun to play. Also compared to some other games it seems a little easier to play without spending any real money.

Thanks for reading my Review

:-)

Becky

iPhone iOS 7 Quick Starter Guide eBook

iPhone iOS 7 Quick Starter Guide eBook

Buy iPhone iOS 7 Quick Starter Guide by Scott La Counte and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Today - Ove...
Kobo eBooks

IOS Advanced Enterprise Services - license

Cisco IOS Advanced Enterprise Services - License - CD - for Cisco 2811 2-pair 28XX 28XX 4-pair 28XX V3PN
MacMall

PCM

Apple Iphone 4 32gb Ios 7 3g 5mp Gps Wifi Unlocked Smartphone White Usa

Apple Iphone 4 32gb Ios 7 3g 5mp Gps Wifi Unlocked Smartphone White Usa

NEW APPLE IPHONE 4 32GB iOS 7 3G 5MP GPS WIFI UNLOCKED SMARTPHONE WHITE USA Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge ONLY 2PCS IN STOCK ! TH...

Apple Iphone 4 16gb Ios7.0 3g 5mp Gps Wifi Unlocked Smartphone Black

Apple Iphone 4 16gb Ios7.0 3g 5mp Gps Wifi Unlocked Smartphone Black

NEW APPLE IPHONE 4 16GB iOS7.0 3G 5MP GPS WIFI UNLOCKED SMARTPHONE BLACK Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge DESCRIPTION 1. The phone i...

Kensington Slow Feed Hay Bag - 2 Flake Black Plaid

Kensington Slow Feed Hay Bag - 2 Flake Black Plaid

Designed to slow the rate of a horse's hay intake, the Kensington Slow Feed Hay Bag - 2 Flake also reduces waste. Many small holes force your horse to...
Dover Saddlery

iPhone iOS 6 Development Essentials eBook

iPhone iOS 6 Development Essentials eBook

Buy iPhone iOS 6 Development Essentials by Neil Smyth and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Today - Over ...
Kobo eBooks