Healing Garden Mandarintheraphy Body Mist, Energy

Questionable aromatherapy value, but I love it!

Mar 8, 2007 (Updated Mar 8, 2007)

Pros:Nice casual scent; price; two sizes; part of a collection

Cons:Not as "energizing" as a pure scent; absorbs too quickly into skin; diminishing availability

The Bottom Line: The Healing Garden provides good value at a reasonable price.

Mmm...citrus. I've mentioned before that I love the scent of citrus products, especially in the morning. When beginning my day with all citrus scents, I definitely require a matching body spray so that nothing clashes. Since many of my products are from The Healing Garden, the one I use most often is The Healing Garden Energy Therapy Mandarin.

The Product

This product is available in two sizes, both in pumps. The 7 ounce bottle runs about $6.00, and the 1.5 ounce bottle can be purchased for just under $2.00. Obviously, the math shows that the larger bottle is the better value, but I love to have both of every scent I purchase, so that I have one at home, and I can keep one with me wherever I go for purposes of reapplication.

This Mandarin Energizing Body Mist is said to be infused with Ginseng and Vitamins A, C and E.

I'm not always so sure about the lists of vitamins shown to be ingredients in products such as this. I mean, what are their purposes in these instances? I knew that Ginseng was used to increases levels of alertness and mental clarity, so that one I could understand in a product marketed as energizing.

What about the others, though? From what I could find looking around online, they are as follows . . .

Vitamin E - weak evidence of aiding blood circulation
Vitamin C - protection from sun-induced aging, increased collagen synthesis
Vitamin A - temporary increase in collagen, giving a more youthful appearance

Are these vitamins really beneficial in something like an aromatherapy body mist? I don't know. I'm not convinced, but then my interests don't lie in the scientific. I just like to smell good. I'll leave deciding whether the inclusion of the vitamins means anything to the rest of you. Besides, when applying body sprays, I don't aim at skin if I want staying power.

My Experience

I'm not sure I'd classify the scent as actual mandarin. It's a musky citrus, I think, and not one that is as energizing as something with a more natural aroma. It's definitely pleasing, though, and makes for a nice casual scent.

Although at first spritz, it seems this mist would require a light touch. Don't be fooled. If applied to the skin--wrists and neck--like a perfume or cologne, it absorbs too quickly. Within half an hour, you'll be pressing your nose into your wrist in an effort to detect the scent. Your best bet is to get dressed, then spray it on as an all over "body" spray. It's not oily in the least, and I've never had a problem with it staining my clothing. I wave my arm through the air toward myself, and give about 5-6 little sprays. Used in this manner, it lasts between 2-1/2 to 3 hours . . . much better by far than straight-to-skin.

I can't say how long a bottle of either size will last. I own so many different scents that it takes forever to get through any of them, especially those that are my favorite. I tend to save those for special times. This particular one is for the "I need a boost of all citrus" mornings.

Final Thoughts

I love that The Healing Garden Energy Therapy Mandarin Body Mist can be purchased in two sizes . . . one for home and one for the purse. It makes them perfect for those days when you won't be home again until afternoon or evening, but want the scent to last.

Even better is that it comes as part of an aromatherapy collection. The Healing Garden also provides this scent as a bath & shower gel, lotion, and body scrub.

The problem is with diminishing availability. I'm beginning to wonder if this scent is being discontinued. It's no longer listed on the website, and only certain items are found in the stores that I frequent. If I want the full set, I almost have to get one product from each store. My local Meijer seems to be the best bet for me at this point. If they ever stop carrying it, I'm going to be hunting for a replacement . . . and fast.

The Healing Garden Aromatherapy Scents

Jasmine ~ Green Tea ~ White Tea ~ Passion Rose ~ Lavender ~ Sleep Well

The Healing Garden Organics

Wild Honey ~ Fig & Lavender ~ Olive and Aloe

Healing Garden Body Mist / Body Lotion / Body Wash U Choose Free Shipping

Healing Garden Body Mist / Body Lotion / Body Wash U Choose Free Shipping

the Healing Garden Body Mist / Body Lotion / Body Wash; you choose the ones you like. Romance Passionate Rose Body Mist Dream Relaxing Chamomile Body ...

Healing Garden Dream Romance & Desire Rainwater Body Mist Lot Of 3 Assorted

Healing Garden Dream Romance & Desire Rainwater Body Mist Lot Of 3 Assorted

Healing Garden Dream Romance Desire Rainwater Body Mist Lot of 3 Assorted Healing Garden Dream, Romance Desire Rainwater Body Mist Lot of 3 Assorted N...

The Healing Garden Rain Water Body Mist - Sensual Plum

The Healing Garden Rain Water Body Mist - Sensual Plum

The Healing Garden Rain Water Body Mist - Sensual Plum Beautify your mind, body, and spirit with this plum infused rainwater body mist. Light, silkeni...

The Healing Garden Uplifting Jasmine Body Mist & Body Wash 6.4oz 2pc Set

The Healing Garden Uplifting Jasmine Body Mist & Body Wash 6.4oz 2pc Set

The Healing Garden Uplifting Jasmine Body Mist and Body Wash 6.4oz 2 Piece Set 1 Bottle of Uplifting Jasmine Body Mist 6.4oz 1 Tube of Uplifiting Jasm...
Healing Garden Rainwater Body Mist Uplifting Jasmine 6.4 Oz

Healing Garden Rainwater Body Mist Uplifting Jasmine 6.4 Oz

Vintage and Antique Jewelry, etc DESCRIPTION **The Healing Garden. ~~Nature Science Wellness~~ UPLIFTING JASMINE ~~~Rain Water Body Mist. Light Silken...

The Healing Garden Rainwater Body Mist - Wild Ginger: 6.4 Oz

The Healing Garden Rainwater Body Mist - Wild Ginger: 6.4 Oz

Brand New in Box The Healing Garden The Healing Garden RainWater Body Mist - Wild Ginger: 6.4 OZ The Healing GardenTM - Nourish Your Skin and Soothe Y...

Buy Coty Perfume Essential Oils - The Healing Garden Juniper Theraphy by Coty 236ml/8oz Clarity Body Mist + FREE Clarity Aroma Oil
The Healing Garden Rainwater Body Mist Uplifting Jasmine 6.4 Oz.

The Healing Garden Rainwater Body Mist Uplifting Jasmine 6.4 Oz.

YAYA Store NEW The Healing Garden Rainwater Body Mist Uplifting Jasmine 6.4 oz. $$$ $22.85 $30.95 $ $$$ Item Description Inspire. Nature. Science. Wel...

Healing Garden Tangerine Theraphy Body Mist For Women 8 Oz Bottle No Box

Healing Garden Tangerine Theraphy Body Mist For Women 8 Oz Bottle No Box

TANGERINE THERAPHY BODY MIST BY THE HEALING GARDEN (WOMEN) 8.0 OZ BOTTLE (RARE) NEW NO BOX *LABEL MAY OR MAY BE DAMAGED ON BOTTLE*