Hedstrom Cinnamon 44" Spring Horse-Lifelike Mane and Tail Reviews

Hedstrom Cinnamon 44" Spring Horse-Lifelike Mane and Tail

Read this before you buy!

Jan 21, 2002
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:Sturdy and plenty of room to grow

Cons:The lifelike Mane & Tail - what a mess!! Not worth the extra $$

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this particular model due to the poor construction of the lifelike mane and tail.

My husband & I bought this for our 2 year old for Christmas and it was returned to the store a week later. I was so excited when I read about the lifelike mane and tail. My daughter loves to use a brush and is always brushing her dolls hair, so I thought she would really love this. Let me warn you first that the hair is like straw. It is also only on one side of the horses head. The hair started to shed immediately and you can see the material that it is sewn into. I was extremely disappointed. When my daughter would ride it the hair would get in the way of the handles. We could tell by the look on her face that she wasn't to fond of the texture of the hair touching her hands. Most 2 year olds will need assistance getting on and off the larger 44" spring horse. We replaced this horse with the 40" Moonlight Palomino. This one has the molded plastic mane and tail and believe me is WELL worth it. She is able to get on and off it by herself and just loves it. I suggest to anyone who is considering buying this online to go to your local toy store and see if they have one of these on display before ordering. The overall construction of the horse is good, but the hair is not in it for the long haul.

Type of Toy: Other
Age Range of Child: 12 to 36 Months

Hedstrom Pink Pony Bouncer

Hedstrom Pink Pony Bouncer

The Hedstrom Pink Pony Bouncer is a fun way for kids to expend some energy, get exercise and have tons of fun. Designed for indoor or outdoor use, thi...

Hedstrom Disney Princess Foam Frisbee -

Hedstrom Disney Princess Foam Frisbee -

Hedstrom Disney Princess Foam Frisbee New Measures approx. 9Sorry, no international shipping. Payment is expected within 5 days or item will be relist...

Hedstrom Purple Dog Bouncer

Hedstrom Purple Dog Bouncer

The Dog Bouncer is a great way for kids to expend some energy, get exercise and have tons of fun!

Hedstrom 36 Inflatable Bop Bag

Hedstrom 36 Inflatable Bop Bag

Product Information: Knock out Spiderman with this 36 inflatable bop bag made by Hedstrom.For ages 4 and up.Made in China.
Hedstrom Red Dog Bouncer

Hedstrom Red Dog Bouncer

Hedstrom Disney Cars Pogo Hop

Hedstrom Disney Cars Pogo Hop

Kids get up and hopping on this high quality, retro pogo hop!

Lot Of 11-hedstrom Wibbly Fun Squishy Fun Toy

Lot Of 11-hedstrom Wibbly Fun Squishy Fun Toy

Total of 11, 5 thicker, 4 crinkly, 2 thinner. One is missing tag.