Biologische Heilmittel Heel Heel Tastic Cracked Heel Repair As Seen On Tv Heel Reviews

Biologische Heilmittel Heel Heel Tastic Cracked Heel Repair As Seen On Tv Heel

HeelTastic Works on Dry Cracked Heels

Jan 4, 2010

Pros:Inexpensive, lasts a long time, it works to soften heels

Cons:Smells awful, pretty oily

The Bottom Line: Easy to apply, makes heels feel good, softens skin

When the Discovery Channel aired their Pitchmen show, with hose Billy Mays, I was very impressed with inventor Melinda Clark, who was trying to get her HeelTastic product to mass markets.

Since that time, I have seen Heel Tastic on those television infomercials, but the shipping and handling was almost as much as the product itself, and that really turned me off.  HeelTastic retails for $10, and the shipping was $6.99.

Then one day I found HeelTastic in one of the most unsuspecting stores, Best Buy!  They had an entire section of "As Seen On TV" products near the front of the store.  I scanned the UPC with the Red Laser app on my iphone, and found it retails for $9.99 in several online stores, so I knew I couldn't beat Best Buy's price of $9.99.

Description

HeelTastic comes in a clear tube shaped plastic container.  It measures 4 inches high and 1 7/8 inches in diameter.  It reminds me of a stick of deodorant, as the balm rolls up by turning the bottom clockwise.

The stick itself is almost white in color, and is a hard but greasy, hard balm.  The cap is also clear.  The container reads "Intensive Heel Therapy.  Watch dry cracked heels disappear".  There is a before and after picture, that is, as one would expect, quite impressive.

Claims

* Contains natural Neem & Karanja oils
* Easy to use
* Fast results
* No mess
* Great Scent

About The Ingredients

I have two other heel softening products at home, and I have since learned they don't contain the best or safest ingredients (at least as far as I am concerned!).

HeelTastic seems quite natural.  It's active ingredient is dimethicone, which is a skin protectant, but there is only 1% of this ingredient in the formula.  Other ingredients are:  coconut fruit oil, soybean wax, beeswax, carnauba wax, ozokerite, proprietary blend of essential oils, neem seed oil, karanja seed oil, black cumin seed oil, shea butter, cocoa seed butter, isopropyl myristate, rice bran oil, olive fruit oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, safflower seed oil, sunflower seed oil, tolnaftate, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), retinyl palmitate (form of vitamin A), phenoxyethanol, and caprylyl glycol.

My Experience

The first time I used HeelTastic, I knew this product was different from the others in my medicine cabinet.  The balm glides over my heels extremely easy, it's soft as butter and so smooth!  The fact that I can roll up more of the product as needed means I don't have to get any on my hands.

I use this every morning and every evening, and it does tend to be a little bit greasy, and although I liked the fact that I didn't have to get my hands in it, I now massage it into my heels with my hands, as I feel it absorbs better and faster that way.  The product is so greasy it really takes a good hand washing with soap to remove it all, and I made the mistake of touching my eyes once when I hadn't completely washed it off, and I don't recommend anyone doing that.

In as little as a few days I was starting to see improvement in the appearance of my heels.  They used to be so rough that my panty hose would snag on them!  I am amazed at how quickly HeelTastic starts to work.

The HeelTastic website claims that the product is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.  I find it interesting that neither my HeelTastic container or the packaging makes these claims, you would think that would be a selling point.  Very odd in my opinion, that the website says something that is not on the package or product.

Last, I take issue with the claim that HeelTastic has a "great scent".  I do not think this smells great.  In fact, in my opinion, it stinks.  Truly.  It stinks.  I can't pinpoint what I am smelling, as it is very strong like turpentine, but I don't smell tea tree oil.  I can only assume it is one of the natural oils that I am smelling.

I used to clean with neem oil, and I was never crazy about the odor.  Another culprit could be the ozokerite.  This is an ingredient that I have never heard of before, so I looked it up at my good friend Merriam-Webster, which describes ozokerite as a waxy mineral mixture of hydrocarbons that is colorless or white when pure and often of unpleasant odor.

Luckily, it has not seemed to make my socks or my bed sheets smell too bad.  It is strong enough that I can smell it when I am trying to go to sleep, and it's not very pleasant.  Interesting also is the fact that the directions say to use "as needed", so this is very much up to the individual how often you use it.  It is not intended for kids under the age of 2.

The ingredients are holistic and impressive.  I wasn't too sure about the safety of dimethicone, the active ingredient, so I looked it up on Skin Deep.  It is listed as being toxic to non-reproductive organs, but there are no concerns for cancer, developmental/reproductive toxicity, allergies/immunotoxicity, or contamination concerns.

Skin Deep also prefaces their findings with this statement: The chart below indicates that research studies have found that exposure to this ingredient -- not the products containing it -- caused the indicated health effect(s) in the studies reviewed by Skin Deep researchers.

To conclude, HeelTastic worked for me, and in as little as three days.  I don't know if I will have to continue to use it to keep my heels soft, but I would imagine it needs to be used on occasion once they are at a stage you are happy with.

It's not messy, unless you decide to rub it into your heels, as I do.  The applicator has a great roll up design that allows you to use it without getting any on your hands, if you so desire.

It worked for me, and I think it is worth a $10 investment to see if it will work for you.  Just don't expect it to smell "great".

Luichiny Magni Tastic Women's Sandals Size 6 M

Flaunt your fantastic sense of style with each and every step in these magnificent sandals! ; Thong-style construction with heel zipper closure. Smoot...

Kenneth Cole New York 'Fan-Tastic' Bicycle Toe Derby (Men)

Silver Technology cushioning ensures comfort in a modern derby marked with tasteful etching. Color(s): black, cognac. Brand: Kenneth Cole New York. St...

Kenneth Cole Fan-Tastic Oxfords Men's Shoes

Complete modern tailoring with a pair of signature leather oxfords from Kenneth Cole.
Macys.com