Heet Gas Line Antifreeze and Water Remover 12oz.

Heet Keeps My Cars Gas Line from Freezing!

Aug 20, 2009

Pros:Keeps gas from freezing in gas lines, inexpensive

Cons:Toxic, keep away from children and pets

The Bottom Line: HEET is a must for cold climates, it assures me that my gas line will never freeze up.

Living in Alaska, we are subject to long, cold winters.  Taking good care of our cars is a must, so we always have a bottle of HEET Gas Line Antifreeze and Water Remover in our cars, as well as a few back up bottles in our garage.

I learned the hard way the importance of using Heetin cold climates.  Growing up in Upstate New York, we also had long cold winters, and one day I was coming home from work when my car started sputtering and suddenly died on me.  Luckily I was only about a mile from home (via the train track route!), and could walk to safety.  Each step I took on that cold walk home made me increasingly angry with my car!  Turns out it wasn't the cars problem at all, it was the operators.  I was only 19 at the time, and was very inexperienced and naive.

When I explained to my mechanic what happened, he said my gas line probably froze up and to put a bottle of HEET in the tank, give it 10-15 minutes, and try to start my car.  My mom (who knew exactly what my mechanic was talking about) drove me to my abandoned car, and after adding HEET, my car started up like magic.  It was a lesson I have never forgotten!  I was so relieved that it was not going to be an expensive car repair!

What Is HEET?

HEET comes in a plastic yellow bottle, and it holds 12 fluid ounces.  The bottle measures about 8 1/2" tall, but it has a narrow "bottle neck" on the upper 3 inches, (it's 7/8" in diameter at the top), so that you can put this nozzle down into your gas tank to easily empty the contents.

The bottle states the following about HEET:

* For fast cold weather starts
* For fuel injected and carbureted engines
* Prevents gas line freeze up
* Helps keep fuel system corrosion free
* Safe for catalytic converters & oxygen sensors

My yellow bottle has a star on the top which reads #1 Selling Gas-Line Antifreeze.

Easy To Use

There is a small yellow cap that says "Pry Off" on top, with an arrow showing the end that has a small tab extending past the edge of the cover.  You can pry off the cap with a coin or car key (it's really hard to remove it with your hands), and remove the foil seal.  Then you simply pour the contents into your vehicles gas tank.

One container of HEET will treat 10-20 gallons of gas, and the directions say to add HEET to every tank of gas when the outside temperature gets below freezing (32 degrees).

It Works!

In Alaska, bottles of HEET are sold in every gas station and most grocery stores and quick stops as well.  I lived in New York from ages 12-22, and have been in Alaska for 32 years, so I have had plenty of experience with extremely cold climates, and HEET Gas Line Antifreeze and Water Remover is a MUST have.

HEET actually absorbs 5 times more water than regular gas-line antifreeze, and the methanol that it contains sinks to the bottom of a vehicles gas tank so that it can mix with water (which also sits on the bottom of the tank), and the HEET actually absorbs the water.

If water in a gas line freezes, you will experience what I did years ago, the fuel will not pass through the gas line, and your vehicle simply won't be able to run.  The manufacturer says that if your gas line is already frozen, (as was mine), you can try adding HEET and letting it do it's thing.  If after 20 minutes your car won't start, you will have to get the vehicle warmed up and thawed out.

Living in a harsh cold environment like Alaska, one never knows what the weather will bring, and it's best to be prepared for any and all emergencies.  If our car breaks down on us because of a frozen gas line, it could literally be a matter of life or death.  We don't take any chances!  HEET is a product that we always have with us.

HEETis a poison, so keep it up high and out of the reach of children.  Because it does not have any expiration dates on the bottles, it lasts indefinitely and can be stored in a garage.  The bottle that I am looking at now (as I write this review) seems to have bulging sides, but a call to the company assured me that this is normal and is from vapor pressure from being stored over the warmer summer months.  It does not affect the performance of HEET.

HEET is normally sold for around $1.39, but WalMart will occasionally have it on sale for 99 cents, and then we stock up.  My husband likes to add a bottle of HEET to the gas tank every time we fill up our cars, but we only do this in the winter months.  It is very cheap insurance, and we wouldn't be without it!

If you live in a cold climate, and especially if your car is stored outside in the elements, you should consider buying HEET.

Iso-heet Premium Fuel-line Antifreeze Water Remover & Injector Cleaner (6 Pack)

Iso-heet Premium Fuel-line Antifreeze Water Remover & Injector Cleaner (6 Pack)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Iso-Heet Premium Fuel-Line Antifreeze Water Remover Injector Cleaner (6 Pack) No.1 selling brand of premi...

Gold Eagle 28202 Heet Fuel Line Antifreeze, 2&4 Cycle 12oz, 24-pack

Gold Eagle 28202 Heet Fuel Line Antifreeze, 2&4 Cycle 12oz, 24-pack

Powered by Frooition Pro Shop Search Gold Eagle 28202 HEET Fuel Line Antifreeze, 2 4 Cycle 12oz, 24-Pack Click here to view full size. Full Size Image...

Heet Fuel System Anti-freeze & Water Remover 12oz Gasoline Fuel System Made Usa

Heet Fuel System Anti-freeze & Water Remover 12oz Gasoline Fuel System Made Usa

Heet Fuel System Anti-Freeze Water Remover 12oz Gasoline Fuel system ( MADE IN USA ) USE WITH GASOLINE ENGINES.DO NOT USE WITH 2- CYCLE GASOLINE OR DI...