Hershey's Cinnamon Chips

Hershey's Cinnamon Chip: Tastes Great in Oatmeal Cookies.

Feb 10, 2008

Pros:tasty, compliments oatmeal cookies

Cons:will burn easily, and gets bitter the longer you bake.

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend them for baking.

I probably never would have thought to purchase Hershey's Cinnamon Chips except for the fact I found them on clearance at my grocery store. I paid only 99 cents per 10 oz bag.

What your getting is a cinnamon chip that looks a lot like a regular chocolate chip. They may be just a tiny bit smaller. They are sort of a burnt orange in color. They sort of taste like white chocolate chips kissed with cinnamon. The cinnamon is sort of bold, and to me reminds me of oatmeal cookies, or that they would belong in oatmeal cookies. Lucky for me Hershey's had a recipe for Oatmeal Cinnamon Chips Cookies, as well as a Cinnamon Chip Filled Crescents. I hadn't tried the second recipe, only the first. My family asked that I go back to the store and see if I could pick up a few more of these bags of the Hershey's Cinnamon Chips. I bought what was left. These were a close out item. They are hard to find. In fact I haven't seen them in any other grocery store before.

They really are not bad. If your expecting a milk chocolate taste, you might be disappointed. These little cinnamon chips taste creamy and have the right blend of spice in them to make a great cookie. No worries though, because when I made my oatmeal cookies, I added some chocolate chips in there as well. Was that ever good!

What I didn't like about these chips was that you have to be very careful on how long the cooking times are. For instance, in the recipe they give, they say that you should bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes. I highly suggest only baking them for the 10 minutes. Not because the cookies will burn, but because the longer these chips bake in something, the harder they get, and can actually start to taste bitter.

Your really not getting a noticeable cinnamon shaped chip when these cookies are done baking. If you bake them to much longer you will see that the chips just gets hard, and sort of blends into the cookie the more it bakes. If you don't mind cookies a little on the light side, then I highly suggest trying these chips. You could also experiment and try adding them in some other recipes. I haven't done that, because my family were so into the oatmeal cookies. My toddler will eat these chips by the handfuls if I let her. I am getting down to my last bag of chips and am trying to keep the kids from just nibbling on them.

I am going to try and see if I can find these chips on line. When added to your cinnamon cookies, they are just fantastic. If you are like me and you also have your own favorite oatmeal cookie recipe, I would highly suggest omitting the cinnamon and replacing with the chips. You won't need any additional cinnamon. These chips are loaded with spice.

Overall, I would highly suggest Hershey's Cinnamon Chips for your baking needs. I am only giving a 4 star rating because of the fact that they tend to over brown so easily, and in some cases before your cookie turns a nice golden brown color.

Nutritional Facts

Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 45 mg
Vitamin a 0
Calcium 2%

Ingredients Sugar, Nonfat Milk, Partially Hydrogentated Vegetable Oil, (Palm Kernel and Soybean Oil) Palm Kernel Oil, Contains 2% or less of: Cornstarch, Artificial Colors (Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 2 Lake) Natural and Artificial Flavor, Salt, Palm Oil, Soy Lecithin

Other Info on packaging

Hersheys leaves you with contact info on the side of their bag: 1-800-468-1714

They also post their expiration date in easy to read print on the back of the bag.

10 oz of chips is approximately 1 2/3 cups.

Hershey's Cinnamon Chips 10 Oz

Hershey's Cinnamon Chips 10 Oz

Hershey's Cinnamon Chips

Hershey's Cinnamon Baking Chips, 10-Ounce Bag

Hershey's Cinnamon Baking Chips, 10-Ounce Bag

Product Details Perfect for coffee cake and other cinnamon-flavored desserts Cinnamon-flavored chips A versatile, multipurpose ingredient Gluten-free ...
4 Bags Hersheys Cinnamon Baking Chips

4 Bags Hersheys Cinnamon Baking Chips

LOT OF 4 BAGS HERSHEY'S CINNAMON CHIPS NRT WT FOR EACH ONE IS 10 OZ (283 g)NATURALLY AND ARTIFICIALLY FLAVORED EXP 12/2014

4 Bags Hershey's Baking Cinnamon Chips Flavored Candy 10 Oz

4 Bags Hershey's Baking Cinnamon Chips Flavored Candy 10 Oz

Try-The-Best-of-This-Year American Grocery Household Supplies All food items are New Fresh International Shipping Available Hershey's Cinnamon Chips N...

Hersheys Semi-sweet Chocolate Baking Chips 12-ounce Bags (pack Of 6)

Hersheys Semi-sweet Chocolate Baking Chips 12-ounce Bags (pack Of 6)

1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW Hersheys Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips 12-Ounce ...

Hershey's Butterscotch Chips 11 Oz

Hershey's Butterscotch Chips 11 Oz

Hershey's Butterscotch Chips Auction is for one 11oz package 1 3/4 cup Butterscotch Chips inside Artificially Flavored *******************************...

Hershey's Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

Hershey's Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)

Hershey's Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12) - BAKING PIECESMini Chips 12 oz.
Hershey's Premier White Chips 12 Oz

Hershey's Premier White Chips 12 Oz

Hershey's Premier White Chocolate Chips

Hershey's Symphony Bar Milk Chocolate with Almonds & Toffee Chips 36-Count Package - Hershey Symphony Almond Toffee Chocolate Bars.
Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips 12 Oz

Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips 12 Oz

Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips Auction is for one 12 oz package Two cups of Special Dark Chocolate Chips *************************************...