HP Deskjet 6940 Standard Inkjet Printer Reviews

HP Deskjet 6940 Standard Inkjet Printer

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Excellent print quality but may have ink cartridge issues

Jul 28, 2007 (Updated Oct 23, 2007)
Rated Show
  • User Rating: Very Good

• Paper Handling:

Pros:Good print quality and easy to use

Cons:Beware the ink cartridge replacement day; that's when the problems begin for many.

I researched printers last August and saw good reviews of this printer. The first 3 months were successful but I started having problems with the first cartridge replacements. Weeks into the replacement period, error messages started popping up: "incorrectly installed cartridge",or "cartridge incompatible with this printer" even though I had successfully printed with the same cartridges for several weeks previously. I purchased brand new HP cartridges two days ago, installed them, (correctly) and am
still getting the same error messages. Have been unable to do a memory dump on this thing but have found lots of other people on-line with the same issues.

Update: I contacted the on-line support at HP. The printer
is still under warranty and I ran the tests they suggested to trace the problem. It is the printer, not the cartridge. They have shipped a new printer and I will return the other.
The support people were very polite and not frustrating to work with at all. Will post again after a trial period with the new printer.

The new replacement printer is working fine. The HP support people were very pleasant and acted quickly.

Operating System: Macintosh

Hewlett Packard DeskJet 6940 Inkjet Printer is a fast HP DeskJet printer equipped with wireless and networking features. In a setup with multiple comp...

Features: network-ready Short Description: Product Description If you're looking for a fast and affordable inkjet printer, the HP Deskjet 6940 may be ...