All-Power America All Power APG3012 3250 Watt Portable Generator (852055001033) Reviews

All-Power America All Power APG3012 3250 Watt Portable Generator (852055001033)

All Power APG 3012 Generator

Dec 17, 2008 (Updated Dec 17, 2008)
Not yet rated

Pros:Quiet, fuel efficient, great for temporary use. Starts easily.

Cons:No 220VAC output
Choke lever arm is thin plastic, could break if you push too hard.

The Bottom Line:

This is a good buy, pick one on sale to be ready for emergencies.

Great generator for emergency power. We bought this at a local auto parts store just before a big ice storm in the northeast on sale for $259. We lost power for almost 4 days and we used this generator to power a refrigerator, oil furnace, lights, and small TV. It worked great, it's very quiet and compact. I found that it would not run evenly with choke completely off, so I had to run it with choke slightly on.

The only issue so far is a slow oil leak out of the valve cover gasket. I pulled the cover and found the gasket was not seated properly and the cover does not have an adequate flange to properly contact the cylinder head. I have contacted All Power about this and will see what they say. If you buy one it's something you will want to keep an eye on. Also make sure you follow the guidelines and change the oil after every 20 hours of operation.

For the price you can't do better, it's not commercial grade but I wouldn't expect it to be. Some of the fittings are plastic and not super rugged. If you take extra care when operating it I think it will provide many years of service.

All Power Apg3012 6.5hp 3250w Gas Powered Rv/home Camping Portable Generator

All Power Apg3012 6.5hp 3250w Gas Powered Rv/home Camping Portable Generator

The All-Power America APG3012 portable generator is an ideal choice for providing power to lights and home appliances during power outages. Powered by...

All Power 3250W 6.5 HP Portable Generator 120V with 12V Output Multicolor - APG3012

Shop for Generators and Heaters from Hayneedle.com! Never feel powerless with the All Power 3250W 6.5 HP Portable Generator 120V with 12V Output. This...
Hayneedle