Hewlett Packard v125w (2 GB) USB 2.0 Flash Drive (PFD2GBHP125EF)

Sleek, Compact and Working Fine -- HP USB Flash Drive

Aug 4, 2010

Pros:compact size, clear cover, professional appearance, works well

Cons:no cord or keychain attachment provided

The Bottom Line: This HP flash drive is working great, plus it is compact with a professional look.

I have been using several different flash drives, but wanted something that had a more professional appearance.  No glittering exterior, flashing lights, or a carnival look was needed.  That is how I came to own and use the HP 2gb USB Flash Drive (model # P-FD2GBHP125-EF).

Description

This is a compact flash drive that measures about 2 1/4" long x 3/4" wide.  The main body is black, and there is a clear plastic cover for the USB head.  At the back of the body is a small hole that could accommodate a very narrow cord.  In case you have multiple devices, the 2gb size is printed on the drive for easy identification.

It is designed to work with Windows 2000, XP or Vista; Mac OS 10.3 or later.  This flash drive is 2.0 USB compliant.  Even though the flash drive has the HP brand name on it, the drive is manufactured by PNY.

My Experiences

I enjoy the sleek look of this small USB flash drive.  It easily fits in the palm of my hand.  I can tuck it into any size pocket or bag and feel confident that the clear cap will stay in place on the drive.  The cap has a snug fit without being too difficult to remove.  If you like stringing your USB drives on a cord or keychain, it might be a problem with this one depending on the cord or chain width.  The housing is also very sturdy.  I don't worry about this breaking.

This 2gb HP Flash Drive is a great fit for me.  I primarily use it to hold a variety of files (Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, a few photos relating to projects I am working on).  If I were going to fill the drive with a lot of photos, video or music files, I would consider using a device with more storage space.

It is simple to use, too.  Just pull the cap off, and plug the drive into a computer USB port.  The machine pops up a window that asks if you want to open files/folders.  I select that option and wait a few seconds for the computer to display the drive's contents.  Once the files are listed, I can open and work on anything ... saving the edited material as I go along.  Moving files to and from the USB drive is easy using the drag-and-drop method.

I use this HP USB Flash Drive with several computers that run either Windows Vista or XP.  Some computers are networked, and others are stand alone machines.  I have never had a problem with the drive.  It always works for me.  One precaution I use is the "Safely Remove Hardware" feature on the Windows taskbar.  That way I'm sure the device is safe to remove from the computer so that no material is lost.

Purchasing

I bought this on sale from Staples for about $10.00.  I see that Best Buy is now selling it for $7.99.

Summary

This HP USB Flash Drive is working well for me.  It easily accepts and transfers my files without issue.  I have also successfully used it with a variety of computers.  I like the compact size of this drive, and the protective cap is an added bonus.

I hope you found this review useful.

Enjoy your day,
Dawn

Please read my other reviews:

SanDisk Cruzer Flash Drive

HEWLETT-PACKARD /F9A45UAR#ABA/ 17 A8 4500M 8GB 1TB Notebook

17 A8 4500M 8GB 1TB Notebook MPN: F9A45UAR#ABA Brand: HEWLETT-PACKARD
Hewlett Packard Hp Webcam Hd-4110 1080P Autofocus Widescreen Webcam

Hewlett Packard Hp Webcam Hd-4110 1080P Autofocus Widescreen Webcam

HEWLETT PACKARD COMPANY HP WEBCAM HD-4110 1080P AUTOFOCUS WIDESCREEN WEBCAM HP WEBCAM HD-4110 1080P AUTOFOCUS WIDESCREEN WEBCAM Manufacturer : HEWLETT...
HP - Hewlett Packard- Envy 15-J075NR 15.6 Notebook Computer with Leap Motion, AMD Elite A

HP Hewlett Packard- Envy 15-J075NR 15.6 Notebook Computer with Leap Motion, AMD Elite A10-5750M 2.5GHz, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Windows 8, Silver The HP E...
Adorama

Hewlett Packard Genuine HP Refurbished 14-Q010DX Intel Celeron 2955U 1.4GHz 2GB 16GB SSD 14 ChromeOS (Snow White)

Open your sleek, next-generation Chromebook to get online, fast. You can access your favorite websites and Google Chrome apps on the 14-inch diagonal ...

Hewlett Packard (HP) - C2V90US#ABA - HP ProBook 6470b - Core i5 3320M / 2.6 GHz - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit - 4 GB RAM - 320

HP ProBook 6470b - Core i5 3320M / 2.6 GHz - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - DVD - 14 HD anti-glare 1366 x 768 ( HD ) - Intel HD Graphi...

Proven performance has a new thin look Bring peace of mind and style to your everyday tasks. Whether you're sending an email, sharing photos, online ...
Beach Camera.com

HEWLETT-PACKARD /J5N99UT#ABA/ ELITEBOOK 725 G2 A6 PRO-7050B 2.2G 4GB 500GB 12.5IN WL

ELITEBOOK 725 G2 A6 PRO-7050B 2.2G 4GB 500GB 12.5IN WL MPN: J5N99UT#ABA Brand: HEWLETT-PACKARD
Hewlett Packard (HP) - F7V52UT#ABA - HP 255 G2 15.6 LED Notebook - AMD A-Series A6-5200 2 GHz - Matte Charcoal - 4 GB

Hewlett Packard (HP) - F7V52UT#ABA - HP 255 G2 15.6 LED Notebook - AMD A-Series A6-5200 2 GHz - Matte Charcoal - 4 ...

Complete tasks and get connected on the value-priced HP 255. Loaded with AMD technology, multimedia tools, a numeric keypad, and Windows 8.1, this not...
Hewlett Packard Pavilion 15.6 HD 15-n230us Notebook PC - Intel Core i3-4005U Processor - PRICE AFTER $50.00 REBATE

BuyDig.com

HEWLETT-PACKARD E8A65UA#ABA - 15-N010US - Win 8 with AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Accelerated Processor. 2.0GHz Processor Speed. 4GB DD

15-N010US - Win 8 with AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Accelerated Processor. 2.0GHz Processor Speed. 4GB DDR3L SDRAM MPN: E8A65UA#ABA Brand: HEWLETT-PACKARD