Hewlett Packard 640 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax Reviews

Aug 4, 2008

• Print Quality:
  • Reliability:
  • Ease of Maintainence (toner/paper change):

Pros:Small foot print, easy to install and use

Cons:No tray to catch faxes

The Bottom Line: Inexpensive, reliable machine.

After I picked up a Canon MP960 - no fax function - I had to figure out what to do about faxing. I checked around and the HP 640 fax machine kept popping up with great reviews. I checked around, and found I could pick up a new unit for about $30 plus shipping. For that price, I figured it was worth trying.

I picked up a new HP 640 fax unit through amazon (no free shipping this time.) It was easy to set up. It has a small footprint and that was important to me.

This unit is easy to use, and it is quiet. I have had no problems with paper jams for incoming or outgoing faxes.

The only thing I did not care for is that when you get an incoming fax, there is no tray for the pages to drop into!

As soon as I purchased this unit, I began to look for 701 ink cartridges. I found the best place to get them was ebay. My only other option was $33 at Office Max - and that was for one cartridge. Yikes.

This is just a basic fax machine, but I have done up to two dozen page faxes without any difficulty. I like being able to print a report when I'm done. That lets me walk away from the machine, and then know that all went well or that there was a problem. So far, no problems!

Purchase Price (if leased, monthly payment): 30
Machine age (Months in use): 3

Hewlett Packard Deskjet Inkjet Multifunction Printer/copier/scanner Model Dj1056

Print, scan and copy everyday documents with the compact, reliable HP Deskjet 1056 Inkjet Multifunction Printer/Copier/Scanner. Designed to fit your t...

Hewlett Packard Officejet 4620 Wireless Scanner, Copier, Fax Color Photo Printer

The HP Officejet 4620 is an all-in-one printer that allows users to print, copy, fax, and scan from one device. The paper-handling features on this HP...

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS PRINT TECHNOLOGY: HP Thermal Inkjet PRINT RESOLUTION Black (Best): Up to 600 rendered dpi black when printing from a comput...
Beach Camera.com

Hewlett Packard Officejet 7110 Wireless Wide Format Color Photo Printer,Scanner,Copier and Fax

BuyDig.com

Hewlett Packard Officejet 7110 Wireless Wide Format Color Photo Printer

Hewlett Packard Officejet 7110 Wireless Wide Format Color Photo Printer

With printing, scanning, copying and faxing ability, the OfficeJet 7110 all-in-one printer is the right one for your workshop. This HP all-in-one prin...

HP ENVY 120 Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color - Plain Paper Print - Desktop - CZ022A#B1H

ENVY 120 Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color - Plain Paper Print - Desktop Printer, Scanner, Copier - 30 ppm Mono/25 ppm Color Print - 7 ppm Mono/4 p...

Hp Deskjet 1510e Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color - Plain Paper Print -

Hp Deskjet 1510e Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color - Plain Paper Print -

The Hewlett Packard PSC 1510 All-In-One InkJet Printer is fully compatible with PC, Mac systems. This printer connectivity interface: USB 1.1.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus N911G Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color - Plain Paper Print - Desktop - CM750A#B1H

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus N911G Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color - Plain Paper Print - Desktop Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax - 35ppm Mono/35ppm Colo...
pcRUSH.com

HP Envy 4500 Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color - Plain Paper Print - Desktop - A9T80A#B1H

Envy 4500 Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color - Plain Paper Print - Desktop Copier, Printer, Scanner - 21 ppm Mono/17 ppm Color Print - 8.8 ppm Mono/...

Hp Deskjet 1010 Inkjet Printer - Color - 1200 X 1200 Dpi - Plain Paper Desktop

Hp Deskjet 1010 Inkjet Printer - Color - 1200 X 1200 Dpi - Plain Paper Desktop

HP Deskjet 1010 Inkjet Printer - Color - 1200 x 1200 dpi Print - Plain Paper Print - Desktop 20 ppm Mono / 16 ppm Color Print - 7 ppm Mono Print / 4 p...