Hewlett Packard 640 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax Reviews

Hewlett Packard 640 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax

Hewlett Packard 640 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax

Dec 1, 2009 (Updated Dec 1, 2009)

• Print Quality:
  • Reliability:
  • Ease of Maintainence (toner/paper change):

Pros:Nice amount of useful features for a reasonable price

Cons:Comes with only a partial ink cartridge (3 ml), not a pleasant surprise.

The Bottom Line: Nice amount of useful features for a reasonable price

My old fax machine died. After a proper period of mourning hubby and I zipped over to Staples and purchased a simple fax machine made by Hewlett Packard. It was the 640 series.

This unit is reasonably small, charcoal grey black and for my purposes was perfect. I do not run a business but I do need a fax for simple everyday communications. It's also extremely handy when you have to send something to a business or fill out papers and send them quickly.

Hubby works  down South and we maintain a place up North. He only gets home once in a while so we need a fax so we can send bills back and forth when they need attention. We unpacked the Hewlitt Packard 640 and hubby noticed it came with only a partial ink (3 ml)cartridge not a very nice surprise. Luckily hubby noticed and purchased a standard 17 ml.immediately.

The input tray holds up to 50 sheets of paper. Before you load your tray check and make sure the paper setting is on Basic Fax. This machine can work with adjustment on legal size and letterhead as well as A4 paper. When putting paper in check your packaging for print side.

Pull the paper tray towards you and install your paper sliding the paper guide to A4 or letter (it will say ltr). Documents need to be loaded face down.

To send dial the number and press start/enter or use the hand set and dial and then press dial/enter. You will hear your number being dialed through the loudspeaker.

You can speed dial using that button. Wait for search and dial to appear on the display. Press OK and search for the number pressing when the corrrect number appears and then again, press/enter.

To receive a fax This is something left up to your machine. It will answer the telephone and hear the fax tones. Start/enter must be pressed or just let the machine use auto answer.

Copy mode: Page being copied must be face down. Insert into the document feeder. Press Copy.  For multiples do the same only press  number of copies when that displays. Use your phone pad for several copies. You can also determine size selecting reduction or enlargement.

You can use this machine as a phone. Use the handset, dial your number thrn press and hold a One Touch number. You can also use the Speed Dial function and use Speech and Dial.

This machine, the HP Fax 640, offers a 50 page memory, a 50 page tray, a 10 page document feeder, a favorites capability, 50 speed dial locations, broadcasting (sending a document to multiple locations), fax forwarding (fax to fax), delayed fax, send receive polling ( retrieve a waiting fax or hold a fax to be picked up later), last 10 number redial, junk fax blocking (a superb idea, we can't stand the junk mail faxes) and it will report so you can manage your work. That is a tremendous amount of very useful options in one fax machine.

You also get a nice big brochure with instructions for trouble shooting. This displays wonderful pictures for those of us who are electronically challenged.

If hubby hadn't been here to set it up I feel very confident that I could have handled the job.

So, for a grand total of $79.00 I think we made a very good investment.

Just makes it into Lean-N-Mean VIII: http://www.epinions.com/content_5357215876

Purchase Price (if leased, monthly payment): 79.00
Machine age (Months in use): 1

Hewlett Packard Cr768ab1h Officejet 7100 Clr P/s/c/f Prnt Par Usb Printer

Hewlett Packard Cr768ab1h Officejet 7100 Clr P/s/c/f Prnt Par Usb Printer

With printing, scanning, copying and faxing ability, the OfficeJet 7110 all-in-one printer is the right one for your workshop. This HP all-in-one prin...

Hewlett Packard Deskjet 1512 Inkjet All-in-One Printer

Hewlett Packard Deskjet 1512 Inkjet All-in-One Printer

This HP Deskjet offers affordable, easy, everyday printing. Simply print what you need, when you need it, and use optional high-capacity cartridges fo...
Beach Camera.com

This e-all-in-one produces borderless, lab-quality photos and laser-sharp everyday documents-from wherever creativity strikes. Print from your smartph...
BuyDig.com

Hp P2150u Apollo Color Inkjet Printer P-2100u Series Hewlett Packard

Hp P2150u Apollo Color Inkjet Printer P-2100u Series Hewlett Packard

NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDING OR SHIPPING !!! PAYPAL PAYMENTS ONLY DESCRIPTION - BRAND NEW, BOX IS STILL SEALED. A SMALL SQUARE CUT OUT, MUST HAVE BEEN TAK...

Hewlett Packard Envy 5530 Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color, Photo Print

HPPS5530 800-617-4686 Add BuyDig store to favorites Hewlett Packard Envy 5530 Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color - Photo Print - Desktop Catalog #: ...

Newegg.com

Beach Camera.com

Hewlett Packard Envy 5530 Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color, Photo Print

HPPS5530 About BeachCamera Our Awards Photography Digital Imaging Video Printers Computers Audio Television Home Garden Add beachcamera store to favor...

Hewlett Packard Officejet Pro X451dn I CN459A 36 Pages Per Minute Inkjet Printer

BuyDig.com