HP G72-B60US 17.3" (500 GB, Intel Core i3 1st Gen., 2.4 GHz, 4 GB) Notebook - Biscotti - XG988UA#ABA Reviews

Great Laptop

Mar 22, 2011

• Quality of Tech Support:

Pros:Big screen. Light weight. Full sized keyboard. Great sound. Battery life is better.

Cons:Vibrates a little. Touch Pad sux. Should be bundled with a case.

The Bottom Line: With all the laptops out there pretty much the same, I like the HP's because their tech support is excellent. The units hold up rather well under constant use.

I just got this 2 weeks ago and so far I like it. It's a computer and it computes very well. It does have a couple of quirks, but I'm gonna learn to live with them. First, when the drives (CD and Hard Drive) are running it seems to vibrate a little. Second, HP has added some software called "DOCK". So far I'm not sure if I like it or not, but it seems to add extra load time on start up. So just when you think you're ready to go, Dock loads adding an extra minute to start up time. If you have little computer experience, it's probably a good thing to use. So I'll most likely be uninstalling it soon.
     My biggest complaint is the touch pad. It has no visible boundaries and is hard to get used to. It  has a feature where you hover over something and it opens it. I have looked around, not hard I admit, and can't figure out how to turn that feature off.
     There's nothing new about the battery life. At an hour out I'm at 60%, so the 4 hour claim must be in the sleep mode. But the life is better than other units I've used in the past.
     Other than those few gripes, I really like this unit. It's a lot lighter than my last laptop and the big screen really allows me to see what I'm doing. The larger screen allows for a full sized keyboard. It's nice to have a standard numeric pad on the side instead of having to hunt the number keys over the top of the letter keys. The sound, for a laptop it sounds really good. The software bundle is pretty much standard, but I haven't made it through everything yet.
     It has all the standard ports (USB, Card Reader, etc.) so there is plenty of room to plug things in. And unlike units in the past, the plugs are easy to get to.
     I guess the best endorsement is if I had to buy another laptop, I wouldn't think twice and buy this one again. One word of caution though, if you do buy it, buy a case to put it in at the same time.

Operating System: Windows
Processor: Other
Processor speed: 201-300
Screen Size: Greater than 15 inches
RAM: More than 256
Internal Storage: CD-RW and DVD
Hard Drive (GB): Over 50

HP Pavilion g7-2200 g7-2240us 17.3in. LED (BrightView) Notebook - Intel Core i3 i3-2370M 2.40 GHz - Sparkling Black

Way more than just fun and games.The HP Pavilion g7 gives you everything you need to keep in touch, get it done, and have some fun, all in a distincti...
Office Depot

24384KU, Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz, 8GB, 500GB, 15.6-inch laptop

24384KU, Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz, 8GB, 500GB, 15.6-inch laptop

Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz Quad-Core Processor with Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 up to 3.4GHz, 6MB Smart Cache 3 Year Warranty 8GB PC3-12800 1600MHz DD...
HP - 350 G1 Intel Core i5 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 15.6 Notebook Windows 7 P, 16 Screen

HP 350 G1 Notebook PC The HP 350 G1 Notebook PC solves all your productivity needs. The Intel Core i5-4200U 1.6GHz Processor gives it power and speed ...
TigerDirect.com

HP - 340 G1 14 Laptop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Silver

HP - 340 G1 14 Laptop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Silver

Bring your media collection with you on the go using this 14 HP 340 G1 f7v08ut laptop's 500GB hard drive that offers plenty of room for file storage. ...
Best Buy

Refurbished HP Folio A7A97UA 13-1029WM Notebook PC - Intel Core i3 I3-2367M 1.4 GH

HP Folio A7A97UA 13-1029WM Notebook PC features Intel Core i3 1.4 GHz processor, 128 GB hard drive, 4 GB memory and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit oper...
HP - 350 G1 Intel Core i3 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 15.6 Notebook Windows 7 P, 16 Screen

HP 350 G1 Notebook PC The HP 350 G1 Notebook PC solves all your productivity needs. The Intel Core i3-4005U 1.7GHz Processor gives it power and speed ...
TigerDirect.com

HP 15 Laptop Intel Core i5 8GB RAM 1TB HD w/ Beats Audio

HP 15 Laptop Intel Core i5 8GB RAM 1TB HD w/ Beats Audio

It's time to get back to cool with the new look and powerful performance of the HP Pavilion 15-p021cy laptop. The lightning-fast Intel Core i5-4210U p...
QVC

HP Pavilion dv4-5100 dv4-5110us 14in. LED (BrightView) Notebook - Intel Core i5 i5-2450M 2.50 GHz

Mobile solutions for your digital life. HP Pavilion notebooks help you discover, create and enjoy multimedia experiences at work and playPackage Conte...
Office Depot