HP Pavilion dv7-1130us 17" (250 GB, AMD Turion X2 Dual Core, 2 GHz, 4 GB) Notebook - Silver - FS126UA#ABA Reviews

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Entertainment? Hardly!

Nov 5, 2008

• Quality of Tech Support:

Pros:Good Design, Great Speed, processory and memory. Lots of Hard drive space.

Cons:The ONLY CON..., it has Windows Vista!!!

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this computer or any new computer... until Windows Vista is no longer used.

I bought this computer because I needed one for school use mainly. But when i went looking for a computer, I chose this one specifically because of it's entertainment value. With a  AMD X2 dual-core 2.10 Gigahertz processory, 4.00 GB Ram, a 250 Gigabyte hard-drive and the sleek silver design, I was in love instantly. And a Sam's Club price of $899, it was well worth it...., or so I thought.

I brought it home, and was still in love with the 17 inch computer screen, the silver case design, and the computer itself couldn't be beat. What would have made it my ideal computer, would be if it had Windows XP on it.

The computer came pre-loaded with Windows Vista. I allowed it to update automatically, and then what happens....., my computer crashes! Not jus a manual restart crash mind you..., but a have to use the total restore crash. I lost everything, all my things I had already loaded onto my computer, pics that I had already put on it, everything!!!!

I thought initially, that it was something I had downloaded, so I blamed myself for not being more careful. However, the next time it happened only 2 days later, I had not installed anything, downloaded anything, and the only thing that had downloaded was the windows update!!! I have returned the computer...., and am now back to using my old computer. I sit hit crying, because I will not buy another computer that comes with Windows Vista.

Operating System: Windows
Processor: AMD Athlon (K7)
Processor speed: Don''t Know
Screen Size: Greater than 15 inches
RAM: More than 256
Internal Storage: CD-RW and DVD
Hard Drive (GB): Over 50

HP Pavilion dv4-5100 dv4-5110us 14in. LED (BrightView) Notebook - Intel Core i5 i5-2450M 2.50 GHz

Mobile solutions for your digital life. HP Pavilion notebooks help you discover, create and enjoy multimedia experiences at work and playPackage Conte...
Office Depot

HP Pavilion g7-2200 g7-2220us 17.3in. LED (BrightView) Notebook - AMD A-Series A6-4400M 2.70 GHz - Sparkling Black

Way more than just fun and games.The HP Pavilion g7 gives you everything you need to keep in touch, get it done, and have some fun, all in a distincti...

Refurbished Pavilion dv6-7138us AMD A10-4600M Laptop B5R06UA

Refurbished Pavilion dv6-7138us AMD A10-4600M Laptop B5R06UA

Pavilion dv6-7138us AMD A10-4600M Laptop B5R06UA PC 2.3GHz 6GB 640GB DVDRW WiFi 15.6 Win 7 HP
HP - Hewlett Packard - Pavilion dm1-4310nr 11.6 Notebook Computer, AMD E2-1800 1.7GHz, 4G

Hewlett Packard - HP Pavilion dm1-4310nr 11.6 Notebook Computer, AMD E2-1800 1.7GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Windows 8 64-Bit With T-Mobile 4G The HP Pav...
Adorama

HP Pavilion 13.3 Touch LED AMD Quad-Core, 4GB RAM 500GB HDD Laptop with SoftwareLove laptops, but also crave the touch you get with a smartphone scre...
HSN

HP Pavilion g6-2200 g6-2210us Notebook

HP Pavilion g6-2200 g6-2210us Notebook

Office Depot

HP - Pavilion 17.3 Laptop - AMD A6-Series - 4GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Natural Silver/Ash Silver

Learn more about the New Windows With a 750GB hard drive, this 17.3 HP Pavilion 17-f010us laptop provides ample space to store pictures, videos, music...
Best Buy

HP - Pavilion TouchSmart 14-f027cl AMD Quad Core A8 Elite 6GB Memory 640, 14 Screen

HP Pavilion Sleekbook The HP Pavilion Sleekbook is the perfect computing device to match your lifestyle. This notebook PC comes pre-loaded with Window...
TigerDirect.com

HSN

HP Pavilion 15t - Win 7 Pro with 750GB HD; 12GB Memory; Windows 7 Home

HP Pavilion 15t - Win 7 Pro with 750GB HD; 12GB Memory; Windows 7 Home

HP Pavilion 15t (Win 7 Pro) with 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive; 12GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm); Windows 7 Home. HP Pavilion 15t (Win 7 Pro) with 750GB 5...
HP Direct