HP Pavilion dv7-1130us 17" (250 GB, AMD Turion X2 Dual Core, 2 GHz, 4 GB) Notebook - Silver - FS126UA#ABA Reviews

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Entertainment? Hardly!

Nov 5, 2008

• Quality of Tech Support:

Pros:Good Design, Great Speed, processory and memory. Lots of Hard drive space.

Cons:The ONLY CON..., it has Windows Vista!!!

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this computer or any new computer... until Windows Vista is no longer used.

I bought this computer because I needed one for school use mainly. But when i went looking for a computer, I chose this one specifically because of it's entertainment value. With a  AMD X2 dual-core 2.10 Gigahertz processory, 4.00 GB Ram, a 250 Gigabyte hard-drive and the sleek silver design, I was in love instantly. And a Sam's Club price of $899, it was well worth it...., or so I thought.

I brought it home, and was still in love with the 17 inch computer screen, the silver case design, and the computer itself couldn't be beat. What would have made it my ideal computer, would be if it had Windows XP on it.

The computer came pre-loaded with Windows Vista. I allowed it to update automatically, and then what happens....., my computer crashes! Not jus a manual restart crash mind you..., but a have to use the total restore crash. I lost everything, all my things I had already loaded onto my computer, pics that I had already put on it, everything!!!!

I thought initially, that it was something I had downloaded, so I blamed myself for not being more careful. However, the next time it happened only 2 days later, I had not installed anything, downloaded anything, and the only thing that had downloaded was the windows update!!! I have returned the computer...., and am now back to using my old computer. I sit hit crying, because I will not buy another computer that comes with Windows Vista.

Operating System: Windows
Processor: AMD Athlon (K7)
Processor speed: Don''t Know
Screen Size: Greater than 15 inches
RAM: More than 256
Internal Storage: CD-RW and DVD
Hard Drive (GB): Over 50

HP - Pavilion 15.6 Laptop - AMD A8-Series - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive -

HP - Pavilion 15.6 Laptop - AMD A8-Series - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive -

Processor AMD A8-SeriesProcessor Speed 2.0GHz (with Turbo CORE up to 2.4GHz)Battery Type 4-cell Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) 2800 mAhScreen Size (Measured Dia...
HP - Pavilion 11-e110nr 11 Touchscreen Notebook Computer, AMD A4-1250 1.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 50

HP Pavilion 11-e110nr 11 Touchscreen Notebook Computer, AMD A4-1250 1.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 8.1 The compact, powerful HP Pavilion TouchSma...
Adorama

14 Amd 500gb 4gb Win8 S

14 Amd 500gb 4gb Win8 S

HP Consumer, MPN: D1C58UA#ABA
HP Pavilion Laptop Computer With 17.3in. Screen AMD A6 Quad-Core Processor, f010us, Silver

17.3in. diagonal HD+ BrightView WLED-backlit display with a resolution of 1600 x 900. AMD A6 Quad-Core processor. 4GB of memory available to run your ...
Office Depot

HP Pavilion 15-p010us 15.6 Touchscreen Notebook with AMD A8-6410 Processor & Windows 8.1 Silver/gray

HP Pavilion 15-p010us - A series A8-6410 / 2 GHz - Windows 8.1 64-bit - 6 GB RAM - 750 GB HDD - DVD SuperMulti - 15.6 touchscreen 1366 x 768 ( HD ) - ...

HP - Pavilion 17.3 Laptop - AMD A8-Series - 4GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Natural Silver

HP Pavilion - 17t Touch i7 Laptop

HP Pavilion - 17t Touch i7 Laptop

HP Pavilion - 17t Touch i7 Laptop. The HP Pavilion Notebook delivers the speed you need to get things done. With industry-leading processors, you neve...
hp.com