HP LaserJet CM2320NF All-In-One Laser Printer Reviews

HP LaserJet CM2320NF All-In-One Laser Printer

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

$1,812.35

HP quality control is not what it once was

Apr 13, 2009
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Paper Handling:

Pros:Print quality is first rate and print speed is the same.

Cons:This unit was defective when I took it out of the box.

The Bottom Line: If you buy this model you'd do well to get the optional 3 year next day replacement warranty.  If mine hadn't been defective I'd recommend this unit.

I purchased this hp cm2320nf mfp color laser printer last week directly from hpshopping to replace my epson all in one printer which chews through ink cartridges like there's no tomorrow.  I received it on April 9th and everything appeared to be fine, no damage to the box or to the unit.  I unpacked it, installed the software and then connected the unit and everything appeared to be in order.  I printed documents just fine, tried to fax to a hp number that wouldn't answer and used the sheet feeder to scan a document but when I tried to use the flatbed scanner I was greeted by the sound of grinding plastic gears and a scanner error #8 on the lcd display.  I tried power cycling and moving the plug from the apc to the wall as directed in the troubleshooting directions.  The unit would always do the same thing at the same place regardless.

I called hp the next morning about it since it was new.  First technical support wanted to ship me a new top half for me to install myself.  I promptly told them no dice, I paid for a new functioning printer and that was what I expected.  Then they passed me off to another csr who tells me that fedex will come get the unit on Monday 4-13-09 but that they can't ship a replacement until the defective unit arrives in their warehouse.  I explain that I have the optional 3 year next business day replacement warranty and they still say it must be done like this since its less than 21 days old.  So it's now Monday and I'm waiting for fedex to come get this hunk of junk and send it back to them.

This unit is very heavy weighing in at 80lbs plus the awkward shape makes handling it difficult.  Carry handles on the sides would make things easier but there aren't any on this unit.  As with all laser printers this unit sucks down some power and draws 350 watts of energy when printing compared to 13 watts for the inkjet it's replacing.  This one is energy star rated but I'm not sure what the criteria is to obtain that seeing how much power it draws.

This unit is made in China and appearantly they don't test them before they box them up and ship them out.  Never in my life have I purchased a new printer that didn't work when I connected it up after taking it out of the box.  I'm very unhappy about this and will be looking elsewhere for my next printer.  I'm going to inquire about the country of origin next time before I buy because my experience with made in china electronics has not been a good one.

Operating System: Windows

Print, copy, scan, fax, and send stand alone scan-to email from the HP LaserJet CM2320NF all-in-one laser printer. With 21 ppm black/white and color p...