HP Deskjet 1510 All-In-One Inkjet Printer Reviews

Free Shipping Shoplet.com

Compact All in One home office Printer, Scanner, Copier

May 1, 2007

• Paper Handling:

Pros:Compact all in one device. Fast scanning. Can copy and pict-bridge without a computer.

Cons:Low capacity in Cartridges

The Bottom Line: Great compact all in one home office printer, scanner, copier. Despite the low capacity of the ink cartridges, it is a great addition to our home office.

We bought the HP PSC 1510 for its small size and functionality for our home office. It is a USB inkjet printer that can print up to 4800x4800 with a 1200x1200 dpi scanner. The printer can copy in color and black and white without the computer being on through intuitive controls on the printer itself.

The print quality is quite good on the highest setting and with photo paper, photo printing is excellent. The Hp 1510 also accepts HP's vivera - photo cartridge - a replacement cartridge for the standard black ink that adds a few more colors for better color resolution in photos. The printer is fed by a small tray at the front and has a sliding paper sizer like those found on most HP printers. It is also Pict-bridge enabled with a port on the front face of the printer and is functional without the computer as well.

The biggest issue with this printer is the ink cartridge size. We are constantly running through the expensive HP cartridges due to their small capacity. (Especially when printing high quality photos) The paper feeder capacity is also fairly meager but that is acceptable due to the small form factor of the device. Although the 1510 is a great copier, scanner, and printer it is NOT a fax machine. What I mean is it can send faxes, if you copy the document onto the computer then send it through the phone lines via the computer and receive faxes by manually printing received faxes from the computer, but it is by no means a true fax machine.

The included HP software is fairly easy to use. Scanned files are arranged in dated folders and can easily be found in My documents on a windows based PC.

Overall, we like the HP 1510. Its small size fits well into our home office and the functionality of the device is quite good. (No more running to Kinkos or having a desk full of office machines!) Except for the low ink capacity of the printer, we highly recommend this machine.

Operating System: Windows and Macintosh

Scan, copy and print all from one device 3-in-1 design lets you scan, copy and print documents. Prints up to 20 pages per minute (ppm) in black and up...
Office Depot

HP Deskjet 1510 All-in-One - Multifunction printer - color - ink-jet - 8.5 in x 11.7 in (original) - Legal (216 x 356 mm) (media) - up to 4.5 ppm (cop...
PCM
MacMall
The Hewlett Packard PSC 1510 All-In-One InkJet Printer is fully compatible with PC, Mac systems. This printer connectivity interface: USB 1.1.
This HP Deskjet all-in-one offers easy printing, scanning and copying. It's simple from the start, with a quick setup and straightforward operation. G...
Shoplet.com